Ohio radar weather
Weather: we all love to talk about it!
2008.05.21 03:45 Weather: we all love to talk about it!
A community for discussion and posts about weather. Mostly on Earth.
2015.06.13 10:05 iamchris1 Ohio Weather
A place for citizens of the great state of Ohio to share weather photos, videos, stories to the greater community of Ohio and to spread weather awareness throughout the state and preparing citizens in the event of severe weather in both warm and cold seasons.
2013.04.28 05:15 czarrie (Weather) Radar Porn
A community dedicated to sharing all of your sexy weather radar hits. Fronts, tornadoes, tropical cyclones -- any and all systems are welcome!
2023.06.09 17:19 MrLegoGuy Forced to join a HOA?
sounds like Im in the right place. Im looking for advice. We bought a house in 2015. We never paid any HOA fees, was not mentioned when we bought the house and after asking the neigbors, they said one didnt exist. Then this past month I got a letter saying that a HOA needs to be formed to pay for maintenance of a strip of lawn next to a road and a traffic circle. The fee is $50/year. The fee isnt an issue but I dont want to be subjected to all the ticky-tacky rules plus these things sound like scams.
Im in Illinois, can I be forced to join a HOA? The thing that is unclear is weather the HOA existed in the first place or not. When I bought the home, it wasn't in any of the closing documents but I did get a binder they provided by the developer to the original homeowner when the house was built in 2010 (the developer is trying to start the HOA) saying that a HOA did exist and had some rules. Just about everyone on my street would be breaking some rule as I would be as well. My guess is there was one in the beginning but it was never enforced until now. the letter states I have until July 30 then they will put a lien on the house.
Anyway, I already made some phone calls to lawyers. Any idea on what type of lawyer I should be looking for and how to find them?
I really dont want to go to court so am tempted to just pay the fees and try to fly under the radar but reading through these posts makes me sick to my stomach about giving into these people.
Thank you in advance.
submitted by MrLegoGuy
to fuckHOA [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:46 Foxhoundn Weather app that is not utterly useless like the built in one?
According to iOS weather app, its been raining here in Ostrava - Czechia for 4 days, as shown on both the hourly digest and the radar. It’s currently apparently raining but I can’t really see what I am typing because of the sun.
It hasn’t rained in weeks.
The weather data Apple is getting is the most useless data and I can’t believe it actually exists and is able to exist still. It has not been correct lately at ANYTHING, while the google weather absolutely perfectly predicts the weather down to an hour.
Please let me know what are some good weather apps, paid, subscription I don’t care anymore, hanging an acorn in the window is a better solution that Apples weather.
submitted by Foxhoundn
to ios [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 16:44 yakhinvadim Friday, June 9 — 5 significant news stories
| || | submitted by yakhinvadim to NewsMinimalist [link] [comments]
Today ChatGPT read 1066 top news stories and gave 6 of them a significance score
After removing previously covered events, here is today’s significant news: [7.7] General Motors adopts Tesla's charging plug standard, joins Supercharger network — Reuters
General Motors (GM) has agreed to adopt Tesla's North American charging plug standard and give GM electric-vehicle buyers access to the Tesla Supercharger network. The move follows a similar decision by Ford, meaning three of the top EV sellers in the North American market have now agreed on a standard for charging hardware. Tesla Superchargers account for about 60% of the total fast chargers in the United States and Canada, according to US Department of Energy data. The alliance among the three leading rival US EV manufacturers has significant commercial and public policy implications. [7.7] Ukrainian forces launch assault against Russian positions in the south — The Guardian
Ukrainian forces have launched an assault against Russian positions in the south, with tanks, armoured vehicles, infantry and artillery being used in the fighting. The combat, which is taking place south of Zaporizhzhia, includes an attempt to break through in the Orihiv-Tokmak sector, which blocks the route to the Russian-occupied city of Melitopol. The Institute for the Study of War has said that the Ukrainian counteroffensive has begun, while Ukrainian officials have insisted that they would not make an official announcement when the counteroffensive begins and have cautioned against focusing on a single area, suggesting it could involve a number of components. [7.3] Russian sabotage group accused of blowing up Ukrainian dam, causing mass flooding — Reuters
Ukraine's Security Service (SBU) has released an audio recording of a phone call it claims proves that a Russian "sabotage group" blew up the Kakhovka hydroelectric station and dam in southern Ukraine, causing mass flooding and environmental damage. The SBU has opened a criminal investigation into war crimes and "ecocide". Russia has accused Ukraine of destroying the dam, but has not commented on the recording. The SBU said the recording confirms that the dam was blown up by a Russian sabotage group, which wanted to blackmail Ukraine and staged a man-made disaster in the south of the country. [7.2] Zelenskiy warns of global ecological disaster after Nova Kakhovka dam collapse — The Guardian
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has warned that the ecological disaster caused by the collapse of the Nova Kakhovka dam has become a global problem as contaminated waters flow into the Black Sea. The flood waters have brought sewage, oil, chemicals and possibly anthrax from animal burial sites. Kyiv has accused Russian forces of blowing up the dam and committing ecocide. The disaster has affected 100,000 people downstream, with 50,000 hectares of forests flooded, and 20,000 animals and 10,000 birds under threat of imminent death. The Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, 125 miles upstream from the dam, is also at risk. [7.1] The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts intensifying weather patterns over winter — CNBC
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has announced that an El Niño climate pattern, which can cause warmer temperatures and more extreme weather, has arrived and is expected to strengthen over the winter. In the U.S., an El Niño can cause wetter weather in the south and drier conditions in the Pacific Northwest and Ohio Valley, and can potentially lead to a warmer winter in the north. The intensity of the event will influence its impacts. There's an 84% chance for a stronger than moderate El Niño this winter. Global effects may include droughts and fires in Indonesia/Australia and extreme rainfall in eastern South America. Want to read more?
See additional news on newsminimalist.com
. Thanks for reading us and see you tomorrow, News Minimalist
2023.06.09 14:55 Second_Tree1 Sharing ways of improving my symptoms and my experience with Meniere's
**I am not a doctor, and this post and the comments below are not medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professionals with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.**
Hello Friends, I hope everyone is doing well! I promised to share my experience when I "heal" or significantly improve from Meniere’s and here is my fifth post. I am not completely healed. I still have a few symptoms which I will talk about, but my symptoms have subsided significantly. In this post, I will try to touch on all the factors that have helped me.
https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/pdf/10.1055/s-0041-1724221.pdf https://www.mm3admin.co.za/documents/docmanage6e64f7e1-715e-4fd6-8315-424683839664/00056616.pdf https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/511113 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25940200/
- Have faith: I know that Meniere’s is not great, but it is not the end of the world. Meniere’s lowers the quality of life, there is no question about that. But, as far as I know, Meniere’s does not affect how many years we live. And while we are alive, we control how we want to live our lives. Stay positive and move forward. Life is a constant battle and no matter how hard we try, sometimes we take two steps forward, one step back. Don’t let the one step back disappoint you. When we try to push our symptoms away, nature might push back; for every action, there is a reaction and that is a law of this world. Read Power of Positive Thinking by Peale and The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder to learn how to stay positive. Google or YouTube Terry Whals and see how she has been able to deal with her MS. I believe, there is a solution for every single problem; we just need to look hard enough to find it.
- Diet: I started doing Keto over two years ago. During my “keto flu” I started to feel amazing. All of my symptoms went away and I felt completely normal (without Meniere’s symptoms for about three weeks). Then my symptoms reappeared but with lower intensity. To this day, I am still following the keto diet because of all the benefits such as less intense Meniere’s symptoms, higher energy, no more bloating, no more heart palpitation, no more digestive issues, etc. I also tried the AIP diet, but I was not really able to recognize the effect of different foods on my Meniere’s. I might have found a few foods that slightly worsened my Meniere’s symptoms but the change in my symptoms was so minor that they could have been unrelated. So, I am still not sure about the benefits of the AIP diet, but some people swear by it and I totally believe them. I also tried the carnivore diet but it did not seem to improve me in any way. In the end, I am still doing Keto while avoiding most dairies.
- Antivirals: in the links below Dr. Richard Gacek and others show the effect of antivirals to control Meniere’s and other similar conditions. At first, I tried the John of Ohio regimen (JOH). I started this regimen and Keto at around the same time so I cannot talk much about the effectiveness of the regimen. But in my opinion, if the JOH regimen relieved me of my symptoms, it should have continued to work. But as I said, my symptoms went away for only three weeks, and I relate that to keto flu and the release of fluid from my body. But again, some people swear by the JOH regimen, and I totally believe them. According to the articles, Meniere’s may be caused by the HSV 1 or 2 virus so, I decided to visit Dr. Mark Gacek (online using telehealth), the son of Dr. Richard Gacek who wrote some of the articles below, and he prescribed me Acyclovir and Meclizine. The first day I took only one Acyclovir and oooh boy the next day I had vertigo for 15+ hours. I could feel that this vertigo was different than my previous vertigo episodes and I was certain that Acyclovir caused this episode of vertigo. The next day all of my symptoms went away except ear fullness which still remains but with way less intensity. Physical stress, emotional stress, and sudden weather changes are some of the factors that affect my ear fullness and/or occasional brain fog. Over time I also realized that not getting enough sleep is probably the most important thing that affects my symptoms almost instantly (try to get at least 8 hours of high-quality sleep every night!). All in all, my symptoms after visiting Dr. Gacek subsided by like 85%. I highly recommend anyone with Meniere’s like symptoms to visit Dr. Gacek, either in person or online. He has been extremely helpful to me, and I am sure he will be very helpful to you as well.
My goal in writing this is to share my experience and what has helped me personally with Meniere’s. Stay positive and be certain that there's something out there that will improve your Meniere’s.
**I am not a doctor, and this post and the comments below are not medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professionals with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.**
submitted by Second_Tree1
to Menieres [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 13:12 yonkon Ohio farmer Thomas Mikesell tracked weather patterns, seasonal shifts in trees and plants, and crop yields in Northeastern Ohio for nearly three decades of the late-1800s. His records suggest that growing seasons have become longer, but not necessarily for the better. (Smithsonian, May 2023)
submitted by yonkon to EconomicHistory [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 09:39 BulkyMode9174 Well they weren’t wrong… it definitely rained somewhere in between there. It rained how much!?
2023.06.09 09:08 AlfredoThayerMahan Overlooked Capabilities and Limitations of Kansen
| || | submitted by AlfredoThayerMahan to AzureLane [link] [comments]
Despite the game’s inherent silliness, I think it’s worth considering some realistic advantages and disadvantages Kansen would provide.
I want to specifically focus on things I think are overlooked. More obvious things like that Kansen are small targets are fairly self-explanatory.
To me this is their single greatest advantage. A ship may require anywhere from a few dozen crew, such as on a U-boat, to thousands on Battleships and Carriers. A Kansen requires only one person, reducing the considerable operating expense and possible bottleneck on trained personnel associated. Something Something, Decisive Battle:
To put it simply, a Kansen is more portable than a comparable warship. Depending on interpretation one may be able to transport them by air with little difficulty. For some reason I do not think this is currently SOP in the USN. This Strategic mobility allows for one to very quickly concentrate forces to contest an enemy’s sea control or generally respond to situations in a timely manner, amplifying certain elements of power-projection. Data Fusion:
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck, tastes like a duck, and you conclude it is, in fact, a duck, you are utilizing data fusion. A Kansen could utilize similar principles with radar, optics, and other sources. A real WWII warship could do this, the key being it takes time. A Kansen could do this far quicker, employing a shorter cycle OODA loop when responding to threats as they have a direct connection between the observation, decision, and action portions of the ship.
A diagram of the OODA loop.
Most low frequency (L band and lower in IEEE) will generally struggle to pick out a Kansen from the clutter of even small waves due to their small size. This isn’t without limitations and a high-frequency radar, say in the X-band could be expected to pick a Kansen out to a reasonable range (This is why most surface-search radars are high frequency), provided you have a competent operator and suitably advanced filtering system.
These elements here aren’t to say Kansen are worse than their comparative ships, they are better, but there are some striking limitations that they may face that are consistently overlooked by people. They’re short, even FDG:
Unless the fluoridation (PBF/POE) has been reprogramming my mind, I’m fairly certain we live on a roughly spherical planet. Regardless of potential Communist infiltration and subversion (I mean seriously, have you ever seen a Commie drink water?), this has the annoying effect of limiting line of sight to a distance largely dependent on the height of the sensor, be it the Mk1 Eyeball or an AN/SPY-6 Phased Array. Now radars can see a bit past this visual horizon due to refraction and some other complicated physics like Ground Wave Propagation that I really don’t feel inclined nor qualified to try to explain here. Still, the height of the sensor largely dictates the detection range for low altitude objects like ships or sea-skimming missiles. With a Kansen this range is somewhere between short and “Jack Shit” with a theoretical range for radar visibility of around 17-18 nautical miles for a particularly tall Pagoda mast.
This isn’t to say a surface-search radar on a Kansen would be useless but it would be limited by the horizon and probably, more importantly, by the clutter produced by a Kansen bobbing up and down in waves as tall as them (I will get to this later). Some radars like the SG may not see much, if any, limitation on range against conventional ships because the tall objects stick up above the horizon and they are relatively short range (about 15 nautical miles), but filter settings may reduce this to well below the maximum depending on sea-state. Additionally, higher frequency radars like the SG see little if no refraction though again, this really depends on many variables beyond the scope of this post.
A basic diagram of how curvature effects radar detection. Seakeeping:
On a flat calm your average speedboat or RHIB will easily exceed the speed of most naval vessels. However, this changes once you get into rough conditions. With a low displacement Kansen are bound by these same limitations. Their excellent strategic mobility is detracted by, if not poor, limited, tactical mobility.
Where a full-sized ship can cut or just bash their way through waves, a Kansen is liable to catch air and smash into the next wave, killing forward momentum. This makes sustained endurance, as may be the case when trying to catch an enemy, incredibly hard. However, Kansen do seem to be very maneuverable, which does compensate to a great degree, but this is almost exclusively a defensive advantage and can’t be applied in offense to the same degree as speed.
Generally, Kansen operations in rough weather seem somewhere between pointless and purposefully inflicted misery. It would be slow going, completely miserable, and good luck spotting things when you have a wave over your head half the time and kiss being a stable gun platform goodbye. A useful chart for sea conditions. keep in mind these are general rules and can vary heavily. Station Keeping:
Kansen on their own cannot reasonably perform long-endurance missions. Where a ship can post watches 24/7, a Kansen can’t. This isn’t an insurmountable obstacle, indeed assigning a fast transport or light warship to act as a Kansen tender would be very easy, it simply requires consideration. Steam Sucks:
Most of the ships in AL use Steam Turbines and boilers for power. This is not great.
In case you didn’t know, with steam turbines it takes hours, sometimes even days before the systems can reach full power or they risk damaging the pipes. Time to build up steam pressure could easily invalidate the advantages in portability that a Kansen has
This gets to the second element of this. Kansen, even if they can summon their rigging on land, would face a power issue. Steam systems require condensers. These use relatively cold sea water to turn the steam back into liquid so it can be used again. Without this process the steam turbine sees back pressure build up and will generally cease to function.
A diagram of a Steam Condenser.
To Illustrate how much of a problem this is, let's look at USS New Jersey. Generally ship’s power used an octet of smaller steam turbines that drew from the steam of her main power plant. These generated around 1.25 Megawatts of Ship’s Power each, depending on surrounding environmental temperature. She also had a pair of diesel generators. These generated a total of 500 kilowatts. That’s not good.
Let's look at the power requirements for one of her turrets. Training was handled by a 300 horsepower (220 kW) motor, each gun had a 60 hp (45 kW) motor for elevation, three sets of rammers of 60 hp (45 kW), three shell elevators of 75 hp (56 kW), three powder hoists (100 hp/ 75 kW), and two motors for her shell rings with a power of 40 hp (30 kW) a piece. This is a total of around 940 kilowatts per turret, almost double her non-steam ship’s power. You can also kiss using radars on land goodbye because of these limitations. Paralysis by Analysis:
To what degree a Kansen can process and respond to multiple threats is unknown. Still, I think it is fair to assume that tunnel vision that may not occur on a conventional ship, is far more likely to happen to a Kansen. There is a reason why one-man tanks are not a thing and the comparison to tank warfare is apt because in many ways Kansen perform more like tanks than traditional warships. Even if one is incredibly perceptive, individuals are generally inclined to distractions, and this could have “suboptimal” consequences.
Are there any advantages/disadvantages you could see Kansen having in an operational setting?
2023.06.09 08:25 intersecting_lines +EV Homer Plays for today => +4.9% EV CIN Matt Mclain (+870 FD) • +4.1% EV PHI JT Realmuto (+560 FD) • +1.7% EV PHI Kyle Schwarber (+260 FD)
What is +EV betting
. tldr, one of the only ways to be profitable in the long term betting on home runs since home run lines are usually juiced to the tits. You basically are trying to find sportsbooks and markets that have mispriced odds in the bettors favor. You aren't looking into stats, pitching matchups, weather, or ballpark rankings. As ActionNetwork puts it
EV betting is not about what you think will happen, but about an advantage you have over the implied probabilities of bets by using lines and information sportsbooks are already giving you
I use a devigger
to remove the sportsbooks vig and to calculate +EV against a sharp book like bet365. I choose bet365 because it has one of the lowest vigs on home runs. I also cross-check with Kambi and other low-vig sportsbooks. This is what the smartest people look for in the dinger tuesday threads to ensure profitability over the long-term. These aren't guarantees, these guys are NOT likely to home run on a given day, but if you take enough +EV plays over a long period of time, you should end up profitable. My record since starting posting: 16W-59L (+17.20u)
My Picks (I take all +EV plays for $7 unless your name is Joey Gallo. I'm posting the odds I got them at...make sure to check odds because lines move fast on fanduel HRs)
8.1% EV: NYM Mark Vientos +630 FD vs bet365 +450/-650. Implied = 14.8% 4.9% EV: CIN Matt Mclain +870 FD vs bet365 +600/-950. Implied = 10.8% 4.1% EV: PHI Jt Realmuto +560 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% 1.7% EV: PHI Kyle Schwarber +260 FD vs bet365 +220/-280. Implied = 28.2%
All updated EVs combined with negative EV plays close to 0 (I don't bet if negative EV but they have the chance of becoming +EV with a slight odds change, so keep on radar)
updated: 11AM EST
3.7% EV: PHI Bryce Harper +330 FD vs bet365 +265/-350. Implied = 24.1% 1.9% EV: NYM Mark Vientos +630 FD vs bet365 +475/-700. Implied = 14.0% 1.0% EV: PHI Jt Realmuto +540 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% 0.9% EV: ATL Eddie Rosario +450 FD vs bet365 +360/-500. Implied = 18.3% 0.5% EV: ATL Matt Olson +240 FD vs bet365 +210/-260. Implied = 29.6% -1.4% EV: CLE Josh Naylor +480 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -1.4% EV: SEA Cal Raleigh +480 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -2.2% EV: NYY Jake Bauers +520 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% -3.0% EV: ATL Marcell Ozuna +350 FD vs bet365 +310/-400. Implied = 21.6% -3.7% EV: PHI Kody Clemens +630 FD vs bet365 +500/-750. Implied = 13.2% -3.8% EV: CIN Matt Mclain +830 FD vs bet365 +625/-1000. Implied = 10.3% -5.4% EV: PHI Kyle Schwarber +220 FD vs bet365 +210/-260. Implied = 29.6% -6.9% EV: CHC Matt Mervis +800 FD vs bet365 +625/-1000. Implied = 10.3% -7.7% EV: CLE Amed Rosario +870 FD vs bet365 +675/-1100. Implied = 9.5% -7.9% EV: COL Brenton Doyle +560 FD vs bet365 +475/-700. Implied = 14.0% -8.2% EV: LAD Max Muncy +440 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -8.2% EV: BAL Anthony Santander +440 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -8.4% EV: KC Salvador Perez +360 FD vs bet365 +330/-450. Implied = 19.9% -8.5% EV: SD Brandon Dixon +480 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% -9.8% EV: ATL Ronald Acuna +300 DK vs bet365 +290/-380. Implied = 22.6% -10.1% EV: PHI Trea Turner +470 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% -10.1% EV: PIT Jack Suwinski +470 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% -11.5% EV: KC Michael Massey +830 FD vs bet365 +675/-1100. Implied = 9.5% -11.6% EV: OAK Seth Brown +420 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -11.6% EV: COL Ryan Mcmahon +420 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -11.6% EV: PHI Nick Castellanos +420 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -11.6% EV: LAD Mookie Betts +420 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -12.1% EV: STL Jordan Walker +750 FD vs bet365 +625/-1000. Implied = 10.3% -12.4% EV: CLE Josh Bell +600 FD vs bet365 +525/-800. Implied = 12.5% -12.9% EV: ATL Michael Harris +560 FD vs bet365 +500/-750. Implied = 13.2% -13.2% EV: MIA Jesus Sanchez +450 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% -13.2% EV: NYM Francisco Lindor +450 FD vs bet365 +425/-600. Implied = 15.8% -13.5% EV: KC Mj Melendez +520 FD vs bet365 +475/-700. Implied = 14.0% -13.5% EV: WSH Keibert Ruiz +700 FD vs bet365 +600/-950. Implied = 10.8% -14.1% EV: TB Yandy Diaz +480 FD vs bet365 +450/-650. Implied = 14.8% -14.1% EV: TEX Corey Seager +480 FD vs bet365 +450/-650. Implied = 14.8% -15.0% EV: LAD Jd Martinez +400 FD vs bet365 +390/-550. Implied = 17.0% -15.6% EV: TB Christian Bethancourt +540 FD vs bet365 +500/-750. Implied = 13.2% -15.6% EV: PIT Bryan Reynolds +470 FD vs bet365 +450/-650. Implied = 14.8% -16.3% EV: NYY Willie Calhoun +500 FD vs bet365 +475/-700. Implied = 14.0% -16.8% EV: TEX Jonah Heim +600 FD vs bet365 +550/-850. Implied = 11.9% -17.5% EV: OAK Jj Bleday +560 FD vs bet365 +525/-800. Implied = 12.5% -18.2% EV: CLE Mike Zunino +520 FD vs bet365 +500/-750. Implied = 13.2% -18.2% EV: WSH Jeimer Candelario +520 FD vs bet365 +500/-750. Implied = 13.2% -19.1% EV: SEA Mike Ford +750 FD vs bet365 +675/-1100. Implied = 9.5% -20.0% EV: HOU Jose Abreu +540 FD vs bet365 +525/-800. Implied = 12.5% -20.7% EV: LAA Mickey Moniak +800 FD vs bet365 +725/-1200. Implied = 8.8% -20.7% EV: COL Ezequiel Tovar +800 FD vs bet365 +725/-1200. Implied = 8.8% -20.7% EV: HOU Alex Bregman +600 FD vs bet365 +575/-900. Implied = 11.3% -21.1% EV: DET Spencer Torkelson +630 FD vs bet365 +600/-950. Implied = 10.8%
These are not meant to be parlayed
submitted by intersecting_lines
to sportsbetting [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 08:14 BulkyMode9174 Houston National Weather Service using ChatGPT openAI ??? I mean… it’s not wrong… but whoa!?
| || |
A wild ass storm out of nowhere exploded with energy in the greater Houston area this afternoon with crazy frontline winds at 50+ mph sustained for over 10 minutes. Many areas reported 70mph sustained… Trees, trash cans, trampolines, all over the place, on houses, in streets, and cars and power lines. Hailed a little. Rained….. A LOT! I mean, it really did rain hard af, but THAT MUCH!? submitted by BulkyMode9174 to ChatGPT [link] [comments]
Either the meteorologist had nothing to work with because power to the weather stations were out, and had to make the best guess without being wrong, or likely has that fatter fingers of the alert system analyst team…. But I’m more convinced they’ve implemented a new AI Alert System Generator and this was its first one…. Lol. It just seems to fit so perfectly.
Any meteorologists in here? Whether it was AI or a real living human meteorologist… they gave the same type of answer… so weather needs out there like me…. If you still think you’re going to be a meteorologist one day. That ship has sailed. And apparently it was Noah’s Ark in Houston. 99 Inches!!!?
2023.06.09 08:03 Independent_Back6366 I (18F) have found myself stressing over a recent situation involving a few friends (best friend) (18M) and (friend) (18) (Longer post)
This is a throw away acc just so people hopefully cant link this back to me. I will give a brief exspination of what I am like in social situations to get a better understanding of the full situation. I would describe myself as more reserved in social situations and interactions I'm not always leading a group conversation but 1 on 1 I can be pretty talkative if we have enough in common. I also never try to be mean intentionally but my quiet nature could also intimidate those around me, I'm unsure in that regard. I try to dress nice no matter the occation, I found it helps me not only feel better about myself but also something to look forward to when it comes to going out. I have social anxiety so leaving home can be difficult at times but I try not to coop myself up there for too long. with that aside I'll get into the details of the situation.
Over the past 3 months or so I have had a problem involving my guy best friends and another friend in my group. I've asked advice from those around me and I'll touch on that later. I commonly talk to my best friend about just about anything, hobbies, things I do, etc. We have a lot of trust with each other and it is mutual we are always up for listening to the other person. So it's not uncommon that we bring each other up in other conversations with other people. This usually isnt an issue, but someone hes been bringing me up to seems to not enjoy it. I've known this person hes bringing me up to for quite sometime and this wasnt an issue in the past but in the last few months its seems like they have been playing a game of copy cat, which I find odd. I get into something tell my best friend, suddenly they are also wanting to do that thing. And I wouldnt really mind all that much I would just brush it off usually but they have also been acting overly passive aggressive towards me, throwing jabs at me in conversations just flying under the radar of suspicious, and saying I was going to meet ups I never signed up for nor agreed to leading to some... undesirable other situations. It just seems all odd to me where it is all coming from and so suddenly.
I have reason to suspect they may have a thing for my guy best friend and may see me as competition, but I feel that is a crazy thought since they were always kind and sweet before all of this started happening. I'm thinking I may have done something to tick them off, but I havent been mean spirited and always made sure to include them when people forget to include them. I had texted my other best friend about this issue and mentioned I had thought they were thinking of me as competition and their weird behavior towards my best friend and their lack of thought for his feelings about situations, it kinda felt like they treated him like a prize rather than something else, grated I could be wrong, but it's all I could think of as to why this is all happening the way it is. I am sure I was a little harsher in the texts I'll admit I was kinda ticked off by that point, with the constant jabs and passive aggressive nature it was starting to get on my nerves, I never called them any names granted but I was a little upset. my best friend said my judgement was a little harsh and gave the friend benefit of the doubt, which I expected since they always try to see the best in people which I respect about them.
I asked another good friend of mine and described the situation (they are not in this friend group) and they said I was taking the high road in this situation. I then asked my mom about the situation cause she always has pretty good advice and she agreed with what I had suspected and even added the friends mom was competitive about just about anything so an apple wouldnt fall far from the tree. I've gotten the opinions of all of these people close to me but frankly it only confused me more as to weather I am in the right or just being to judgemental and harsh. Maybe I'm not seeing a full picture.
I will give a little context on how they have acted towards not only me but my best friend as well. Over the past few months I've noticed more any lore they have become weirdly passive aggressive, its faint enough to notice but just soft enough so no one really picks up on it. They have said I am going to do things I never agreed to as well. It has now gotten to the point where they are now copying my hobbies a week or so after I bring them up to my guy best friend which is even weirder. I am worried to see them later in the week for this reason since they will be at a friend meet up, I dont plan on just skipping the meet up for only this reason either.
How they treat my friend on the other hand is borderline infuriating, I do deeply care for my close friends and seeing them treated badly can make me a little upset at the person doing so. They have really been not the greatest to him, not considering his feelings on things and mainly thinking of what they might want even if they say it's for him and not them. The reason I say this is I know my best friend extremely well and with the type of person he is I wouldnt see him pointlessly lying about things he likes and dislikes. Back to the friend I'll give this example as a base of what I mean when I say they havent been very considerate. The friend invited my best friend to a prom like party and claimed it was because he didnt have a prom, but if they had just asked him he purposely didnt have/go to one because he didnt want to, parties arent his thing and he simply wasnt interested. The reason I know this, is because I asked. If they had done the same they wouldve gotten the same answer, but they simply just didnt. Now this could be a whole fluke type deal but when asked to have a group go they just wanted my guy best friend to go even though they were decent friends with everyone else, they only wanted him to go, and infact I took a good amount of interest in the event. (it was a paid event so anyone could technically go) But later I heard from my mom that she overheard them talk to their parent about not wanting me there and it to be ONLY them, this had been right after I had mentioned about wanting to go. With all of this it just felt kinda shitty, by this point I had felt I had done something wrong to upset them now. This event came and passed and when by best friend had come back he sounded miserable when talking about the event and tried avoiding the topic all together, usually hes pretty open about things but he didnt even wanna budge about this, I let it go of course since he didnt seem all that keen on the conversation and just changed the subject and he seemed to cheer up.
With all these things together I feel there is something going on and I wanna have a decent idea of what it could be to know what actions should be taken. Is my thinking in the right or am I just being over dramatic and unreasonably judgemental? Or is it something I could be missing entirely? any advice is welcomed and appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read this leanthly post.
(I wont do a TDLR for this post since without full context the situation as a whole doesnt flesh out all that well, itd be hard for me to condense this as a whole. Thank you for the understanding.)
submitted by Independent_Back6366
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:54 BulkyMode9174 Well they weren’t wrong… it definitely rained somewhere in between there. It rained how much!?
| || |
Anyone from the Houston area definitely felt this unbelievably wild ass storm pop up in the country and came in hot like it was madder than hell! No tornadoes, but ripping winds 50-70mph sustained, 1”-ish hail, and whole lot of sideways rain. Trees, fences, trampolines, trash cans, you name we’re strewn about all over, dented & dinged, and then apparently either drowned or floated all the way away. The rain was coming in so fast… the chatGPT AI alert writer was giving it its best guess, I guess. Or I mean the meteorologist nailed had to write something, but just knew one thing…. It’s gon rain! submitted by BulkyMode9174 to HolUp [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:00 BevoBot [6/9/2023] Friday's Off Topic Free Talk Thread
/LonghornNation Daily Off Topic Free Talk Thread
Today: 6/9/2023 Last Thread
Current Austin Weather: 73° and Clear
Seven Day Forecast:
|6/8 ||6/9 ||6/10 ||6/11 ||6/12 ||6/13 ||6/14 |
|93°, Rain ||97°, Clouds ||97°, Rain ||100°, Clear ||101°, Clear ||101°, Clouds ||104°, Clouds |
Your go-to place to talk about whatever you want. From the dumb shit aggies do on a near daily basis, to the latest whatever happening wherever. What ya got?
Recent Longhorn Tweets
Here's a look at upcoming Longhorn Sporting Event(s):
- 6/10 University of Texas Track & Field / Cross Country vs NCAA Outdoor Championships
- 6/10 5:00 PM University of Texas Baseball at Stanford
- 6/11 University of Texas Baseball at Stanford
- 6/12 University of Texas Baseball at Stanford (if necessary)
Trending on Reddit
- Megathread: Trump Indicted by Federal Prosecutors on Charges Related to Handling of Classified Documents
- Donald Trump indicted for second time: Sources
- South African Fire Fighters Preform a Traditional Dance As They Arrive In Canada To Battle The Relentless Wildfires
- Don’t block the bike lane 🤦🏽♂️
- Class warfare idea:
- Big Ten’s 2024 conference schedule, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ , includes: Michigan at USC Ohio State at UCLA Wisconsin at Michigan Iowa at USC UCLA at Michigan Wisconsin at USC Nebraska at UCLA Iowa at Ohio State USC at Penn State UCLA at Iowa
- B1G schedules for 24 and 25
- NEWS: Reggie Bush likely out at Fox Sports in contract dispute, while Mark Ingram II strongly considers retirement from the NFL to join "Big Noon Kickoff," The Post has learned.
- OU head football coach, Brent Venables, roasts starting safety Billy Bowman on Twitter after Jayda Coleman (Bowman’s girlfriend), steals a homerun over the wall in the Women’s College World Series.
- Big 12 Conference to Establish Big 12 Mexico
LonghornBot: you can get a list of commands you can give for the bot by commenting ".help". You will receive a private message with the commands.
- [6/8/2023] Thursday's Off Topic Free Talk Thread
- [6/8/2023] Thursday's Sports Talk Thread
- Memorable Radio Broadcasts?
- We gotta beat these Nerds....
- [6/7/2023] Wednesday's Sports Talk Thread
- The Stanford Super Regional is Set! 🤘🏻
- [6/7/2023] Wednesday's Off Topic Free Talk Thread
This thread was programmatically generated and posted on 6/9/2023 12:00 AM. If you have any questions or comments, please contact brihoang or chrislabeard
submitted by BevoBot
to LonghornNation [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 02:15 enjoyeverysangwich Finished The Deluge by Stephen Markley...
I am going to come out and say that this book is one of the best and most important pieces of literature in recent history.
It is no easy read, it clocks in around 900 pages and describes the very recent history of the United States and then carries into the future. It's main premise is the steadily advancing climate crisis which is rapidly spiraling into worse and worse weather events and contributing to chaos across the country. As the reader, you are taken into the lives of several different key characters - a climatologist, a climate change warrior advocate, an eco-terrorist cell leader, a neurodivergent numbers wizard who turned from sports betting to climate modeling, a poverty-stricken resident of rural-suburban Ohio, a marketing executive, and countless political figures that are fictional but fleshed out in believable and meaningful ways. Each character brings their own angle to the broader story, and each one is written in their own unique style and with their own unique voice in a way that greatly expands the overall story.
Taking place from 2013-2040 and weaving together these story threads into a grand narrative surrounding the political developments of the timeframe, all backed by the growing roar of the climate crisis, The Deluge is a masterpiece of fiction. Its humanity, its set pieces, and its intricacy and care in handling incredibly complicated topics such as climate science or the process of a bill being passed in congress to make them palatable to the average reader is no small feat. Despite its detail, it reads like a page turning thriller. I was astounded by this book, page after page. It captivated me in a way very few books ever have.
I am highly recommending that everyone who sees this post reads this book. It is a book that will stick with you for a long time, leaving your stomach in knots and forcing you to contemplate the contemporaneous moment of our real lives.
submitted by enjoyeverysangwich
to books [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 01:48 4blockhead Weekend/Virtual Meetup Thread
Here are some meetups that are on the radar, both physical and virtual:
- Sunday, June 11, 9:00a MDT: Thrive, casual discussion on zoom verify
- Sunday, June 11, 11:00a MDT: "The Good Book Club," virtual meetup for Ex/Post/Nuanced mormons to read and discuss other good books. For details contact HoldOnLucy1. Upcoming book: "Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone" by Brene Brown.
- Monday, June 12, 7:00p MST: Phoenix, casual meetup at Coffee Rush at 1555 N Gilbert Rd #107 in Gilbert. Check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, noon PDT: Sacramento, casual meetup at Urban Roots at 1322 V Street.
- Sunday, June 11, 11:00a MDT: Pocatello, casual meetup, location dependent on weather
- Saturday, June 10, 9:00a MDT: Salt Lake Valley, hike at Big Cottonwood Canyon. Meet at Park and Ride to decide which trail. Check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: Davis County, casual meetup at Harmons at 200 Station Pkwy in Farmington. Meet in the cafe upstairs. verify
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: North Utah County, casual meetup at Harmons at 1750 W Traverse Pkwy in Lehi. Combining AF/Saratoga Springs/Lehi meetups at new location; check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: Provo, casual meetup near the Starbucks inside of the Marriott Hotel at 101 West 100 North verify
- Sunday, June 11, 10:00a MDT: Utah Valley, casual meetup at Vineyard Grove Park 350 N 100 E. in Vineyard. Check link for notes.
- Sunday, June 11, 12:40p MDT: Salt Lake Valley/Cottonwood Heights, a group meeting for discussing transitioning away from Mormonism at the Salt Lake City Unitarian Universalists church at 6876 South Highland Drive
- Sunday, June 11, 1:00p MDT: St. George, casual meetup of Southern Utah Post-Mormon Support Group at Switchpoint Community Resource Center located at 948 N. 1300 W. verify
Upcoming week and Advance Notice: JUNE 2023
- Saturday, June 10, 10:00a MDT: Rock Springs, casual meetup at Starbucks at 118 Westland Way verify
|Sun ||Mon ||Tue ||Wed ||Thu ||Fri ||Sat |
|. ||. ||. ||. ||1 ||2 ||3 |
|4 ||5 ||6 ||7 ||8 ||9 ||10 |
|11 ||12 ||13 ||14 ||15 ||16 ||17 |
|18 ||19 ||20 ||21 ||22 ||23 ||24 |
|25 ||26 ||27 ||28 ||29 ||30 ||. |
Beginnings of a FAQ about meetups:
|Sun ||Mon ||Tue ||Wed ||Thu ||Fri ||Sat |
|. ||. ||. ||. ||. ||. ||1 |
|2 ||3 ||4 ||5 ||6 ||7 ||8 |
|9 ||10 ||11 ||12 ||13 ||14 ||15 |
|16 ||17 ||18 ||19 ||20 ||21 ||22 |
|23 ||24 ||25 ||26 ||27 ||28 ||29 |
|30 ||31 ||. ||. ||. ||. ||. |
submitted by 4blockhead
to exmormon [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 01:41 Sweaty-Grab4062 She's really wanting that motel room 😂😂😂
2023.06.09 01:15 OxyC377 [Race Day 5 - 9th June] Bench Racing ≫ Lets talk about the races when they are happening! × Superstock & Super Twins!
| || | submitted by OxyC377 to RoadRacing [link] [comments]
- 10:30 AM (IOM Time) ⌇⌇ 11:30 (CEST) :: Solo Warm Up Session
- 11:45 AM (IOM Time) ⌇⌇ 12:45 (CEST) :: Royal London 360 Superstock Race 2 – 3 Laps
- 2:00 PM (IOM Time) ⌇⌇ 15:00 (CEST) :: Carole Nash Super Twins Race 2 – 3 Laps
Entry List https://preview.redd.it/0qyboiy4lv4b1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0d61179e4895a9f7178b9cc77c820f6edc8f087f https://preview.redd.it/hcmewt97lv4b1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=623bda6ddf2696616cd9d53e6790ccffa4765aca
INFO ABOUT QUALIFYING & PREVIOUS RACE Fastest 20 riders in qualifying on Superstock
- Peter Hickman – 133.284 mph
- Michael Dunlop – 132.728 mph
- Dean Harrison – 132.700 mph
- Davey Todd – 131.711 mph
- Jamie Coward – 130.945 mph
- James Hillier – 130.195 mph
- Conor Cummins – 129.825 mph
- Michael Browne – 129.664 mph
- Rob Hodson – 129.279 mph
- John McGuinness MBE – 128.821 mph
- Dominic Herbertson – 128.280 mph
- Jim Hind – 128.129 mph
- David Johnson – 127.465 mph
- Michael Rutter – 126.979 mph
- Craig Neve – 126.899 mph
- Brian McCormack – 126.878 mph
- Phil Crowe – 126.636 mph
- Josh Brookes – 126.404 mph
- Sam West – 126.375 mph
- Julian Trummer – 126.068 mph
More on roadracingnews.co.uk TT 2023 – Royal London 360 Superstock Race 1 Result (top 20)
- Peter Hickman
- Michael Dunlop
- Dean Harrison
- Davey Todd
- James Hillier
- Jamie Coward
- Conor Cummins
- David Johnson
- Michael Browne
- Shaun Anderson
- Brian McCormack
- Craig Neve
- Michael Rutter
- Jim Hind
- Sam West
- Paul Jordan
- Julian Trummer
- Stephen Smith
- Rob Hodson
- Raul Torras Martinez (R.I.P.)
More on roadracingnews.co.uk Fastest 20 riders in qualifying on Supertwins
- Michael Dunlop – 123.474 mph (Unofficial Twins lap record)
- Jamie Coward – 121.080 mph
- Michael Browne – 119.787 mph
- Pierre Yves Bian – 119.131 mph
- Josh Brookes – 118.559 mph
- Rob Hodson – 118.266 mph
- Paul Jordan – 117.455 mph
- Michael Rutter – 116.917 mph
- Dominic Herbertson – 116.821 mph
- Francesco Curinga – 116.131 mph
- Stefano Bonetti – 115.979 mph
- Brian McCormack – 115.568 mph
- Barry Furber – 115.444 mph
- Michael Evans – 115.376 mph
- Raul Torras Martinez – 114.823 mph
- Xavier Denis – 114.339 mph
- Paul ‘Potchy’ Williams – 114.158 mph
- Chris Moore – 114.083 mph
- Michal Dokoupil – 113.970 mph
- Jonathan Perry – 113.548 mph
Read more: roadracingnews.co.uk TT 2023 – Carole Nash Super Twins Race 1 Result (Top 20)
- Michael Dunlop
- Michael Browne
- Jamie Coward
- Peter Hickman
- Josh Brookes
- Pierre Yves Bian
- Dominic Herbertson
- Michael Rutter
- Barry Furber
- Rob Hodson
- Michael Evans
- Michal Dokoupil
- Michael Russell
- Chris Moore
- Martin Morris
- Paul ‘Potchy’ Williams
- Dave Hewson
- Jonathan Goetschy
- Miroslav Sloboda
- Paul Cassidy
Read more: roadracingnews.co.uk How to follow the races on TT+, Live Timing or Radio: ► here is ◀ all and more info.
2023.06.08 22:17 sealastheseraphim 47 super power to all and special people and at the level of boundless more then the universe itself and physical and real at all time Sean Sem 4.21.1989 6.8.2023
2023.06.08 20:23 emergencysignal1 Emergency Alert Systems: The Power of Real-Time Communication in Urgent Situations
In times of emergency, effective communication plays a crucial role in saving lives and minimizing damage. Emergency alert systems have become vital instruments in providing real-time information and warnings to individuals and groups facing severe situations. These technologies offer unmatched capabilities in monitoring and identifying potential dangers, from emergency signal devices
to sophisticated contactless sleep sensors.
In this blog, we will explore the significance of emergency alert systems, including the evolving technology behind them, such as contactless sleep sensors, and their role in enabling early warning systems for enhanced safety and response. Emergency Signal Devices
Emergency signal devices are at the forefront of alerting individuals to imminent dangers. These devices, including sirens, loudspeakers, and flashing lights, are strategically placed in public spaces, buildings, and vehicles to broadcast urgent notifications during emergencies. By promptly and clearly conveying vital information, such as evacuation instructions or impending weather hazards, emergency signal devices ensure that people are aware of potential risks and can take immediate action to protect themselves. Contactless Sleep Sensors
In specific scenarios, such as residential settings or healthcare facilities, contactless sleep sensors
have emerged as valuable tools for early warning systems. These sensors employ non-intrusive technologies, such as radar or infrared, to monitor an individual's sleep patterns and detect irregularities that may indicate an emergency situation. For instance, contactless sleep sensors can detect sudden movements, changes in breathing patterns, or abnormal heart rates during sleep, enabling immediate alerts to be sent to caregivers or emergency responders. This proactive approach enhances the chances of early intervention and assistance, particularly for individuals with medical conditions or vulnerable populations. Emergency Alert Systems Emergency alert systems
encompass a comprehensive network of communication channels, including mobile devices, televisions, radios, and public address systems, to disseminate urgent information to a wide audience swiftly. These systems are capable of delivering targeted alerts, ranging from severe weather warnings and natural disasters to terrorist threats or public safety incidents. By leveraging technology and geolocation capabilities, emergency alert systems ensure that individuals receive relevant notifications based on their current location, empowering them to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions in potentially life-threatening situations. Contactless Monitoring and Early Warning System
The advancement of technology has enabled the development of contactless monitoring and early warning systems, revolutionizing emergency preparedness and response. These systems utilize various sensors, such as video cameras, environmental detectors, and data analytics, to continuously monitor the surroundings for potential hazards. By analyzing patterns, anomalies, or critical indicators, these systems can quickly detect and alert authorities or responsible personnel about emerging threats, allowing for timely intervention and mitigating potential risks. This proactive approach to emergency management enhances public safety and aids in effective response coordination. Conclusion
Emergency alert systems have become indispensable tools in modern society, providing real-time communication and critical notifications during urgent situations. By embracing the power of real-time communication and leveraging advanced monitoring and detection capabilities, emergency alert systems contribute significantly to saving lives, minimizing damage, and enhancing overall public safety. Investing in robust emergency alert systems, contactless monitoring and emergency signals
improving ensure the well-being of individuals and communities in the face of unforeseen emergencies.
submitted by emergencysignal1
to u/emergencysignal1 [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:30 albertoZurini Clock web app with weather and photos to recycle an old iPad 2
Hello, I'd like to recycle an old iPad 2 into a clock for the kitchen with some other features, like the radar map for the weather and a slideshow with some photos.
Do you know any web app that I can use/incorporate?
submitted by albertoZurini
to selfhosted [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:06 PapaXan Experience Improvements Coming to GTA Online
As part of next week’s explosive new GTA Online update — featuring new missions, vehicles, events, and much more — we’re continuing to improve the online experience with a number of experiential updates and upgrades across all available platforms.
Here’s a brief rundown of some of the things you can expect when GTA Online: San Andreas Mercenaries
arrives on June 13:
- The ability to claim all destroyed vehicles at once when filing a Mors Mutual Insurance claim.
- Mors Mutual will no longer charge for recovering Personal Vehicles destroyed during contact missions.
- Custom description tags for garages to help quickly locate your favorite rides when calling the Mechanic.
- The ability to select from individual floors when requesting vehicles from the Eclipse Blvd Garage.
- Pressing D-Pad Right will engage Stealth Mode on the new F-160 Raiju Plane. Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) will move to L3/LS. Holding L3/LS when flying all VTOL aircraft will switch it into and out of VTOL mode.
- The option to re-request an active Mobile Operations Center, Avenger, or Terrorbyte delivered closer to your location via the Interaction Menu.
- Additional filters for Race types when browsing the Jobs Menu.
- The Willard Eudora and Albany Classique Broadway will be eligible for Taxi Work when using Taxi Liveries.
- Lesser-used vehicles will be removed from in-game websites to streamline the browsing experience. These vehicles will be made available via events showrooms, The Lucky Wheel, and other places.
- A new Register as a Boss option in the Interaction Menu, merging SecuroServ and Motorcycle Club.
- A Buy All option when purchasing Body Armor at Ammu-Nation. Rank requirements for Body Armor are also being removed.
- Body Armor will be restocked after Quick Restarting a mission, matching the same Body Armor levels as when first entering the lobby.
- When equipping Body Armor via the Weapon Wheel, the type of Armor used will be relative to how much damage the player has taken.
- When parachuting or in freefall, players will no longer receive phone calls from Tom Connors or English Dave.
- Madrazo Dispatch Services no longer requires multiple players and can be taken on solo.
- Alternative sprint control (hold to sprint) in the Settings Menu.
- Players will be able to select a name for their Acid product (via the Interaction Menu) to receive a 5% sell bonus.
- Rank requirements for Daily Objectives will be removed to allow more players to participate.
- Payouts on many Collectibles and Events — such as Buried Stashes and Treasure Chests — will be increased. We are also correcting payouts for Gerald's Last Play and A Superyacht Life upwards by 25%.
- Rebalancing weapons on the P-996 Lazer and Mammoth Hydra (Freemode only).
- The Orbital Cannon can no longer be instantly reset or refunded to prevent players from being repeatedly targeted.
Track your criminal activities with Career Progress
— a new feature that displays your progression as you rise through the criminal ranks and establish your empire. This will be accessible on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series XS from the GTA Online Main Menu or the Pause Menu, making it easier for both fresh-faced and veteran players to see all their accomplishments at a glance.
- Dozens of new props are available in all Creators, including giant License Plate Walls, eCola cans, destructible fences, underwater mines, and more.
- A Snow weather option for Deathmatches, Races, and Survivals. Plus, Halloween themed additions arriving later this year.
- Option to toggle musical score on and off.
- Option to distinguish teams by assigning Outfits.
- Deathmatches will now have options for Dynamic Teams — players can change teams when respawning and Health Drain — where players lose health over time. Plus, new radar blip options, the ability to lock time of day and weather options in the lobby, options to choose respawn time for item and weapon pickups, and much more.
- Increased number of enemy spawn points in Survivals.
- Fixture Removal will be available in the King of the Hill Creator.
- The prop limit on PC will be increased to 300.
submitted by PapaXan
to gtaonline [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:36 Individual_Mess3929 Metal Gear Remake Concepts Part 1
hese are concepts ideas I had for an Metal Gear (1987) remake which I would dub as Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Haven. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1990) would be called Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland. Both games would be long and give a lot of depth on Solid Snake's past and his relationship with Big Boss, Campbell and Gray Fox. Another game I would push for is Metal Gear Solid: The Philanthropy Chronicles.It would allow players to play as Solid Snake and his supporting cast after the events of Metal Gear Solid 2. Snake’s mission to continue taking out metal gears and track down the Patriots along with Revolver Ocelot. It would lead up to the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I will be working on Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland concepts soon.
The concept for a Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Haven (MGS6: OH):
I know its long as Metal Gear (1987) would have to be a game that is remade from the bottom up. A remake of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake would be easier since it was a rock solid game. One wouldn't have to change much from it just expand on the story, elements and characterization it has already. I would love to get feed back from fans here.
The storytelling aspect is inspired by how MGS (1998) told its story. The game would start with Otacon, a ghost writer that wrote the novel of Snake’s exploits and those that work with Snake during Operation Intrude N313 telling the events of Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Heaven to journalist they trust. We learn that Snake is paradon for his crimes and is buried as a war hero next to the grave of Big Boss. Given a Medal of Honor award and other awards from other countries for saving the world several times. The world is now knowing about his story and thus even more interested to learn of Snakes exploits during his youth. David Hayter voice being used as a recorded message from a dying Solid Snake giving accounts on what happened in Metal Gear Solid 6 and 7 along with most of his life. Snake hopes that his message and story will inspire others to be better and fight for what is right.
David Hayter wouldn’t voice a young Solid Snake as I feel a voice actor that is younger but can emulate David Hayter mannerism and his voice should do it. A young Solid Snake having a hint of innocence, nativity, vulnerability and self doubt at times.
David Hayter would voice Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland since Snake is supposed to be older and wiser. David would be able to give us this voice range and kick it out of the park including the duel against the real Big Boss.
The year is 1995, the Soviet Union has collapsed and the Cold War is now over. The threat of nuclear war is gone and the world embraces this newfound peace. However, this peace is short-lived as there are those that don’t want it. The world is engulfed with the threat of terrorism and rogue states that want to get their hands on nuclear weapons. The free world is now being threatened once again. The US Government works to combat this threat with its covert U.S. Army unit known as Fox-Hound under the leadership of the legendary war hero known as Big Boss. However, when a government agent goes missing during a mission…The agent last reports a weapon that can shake the foundations of the world known as “Metal Gear”. Big Boss sends in a rookie but talented Fox-Hound agent known as Solid Snake to learn of this new weapon. Will Snake learn the truth about this new weapon or will the world find out what Metal Gear will do if it's unleashed?
Like MGS3 there would be a Virtuous Mission in MGS6:OH.
- Solid Snake is sent in by Big Boss to sneak into Mother Boss from MGS5 via Los Angeles Class (Block 3).
- Mother Base is set to be demolished by Outer Heaven forces as they move their forces and operations to mainland Galzburg, South Africa.
- Snake’s mission to find and rescue Gray Fox and any of the kidnapped scientists that work for Dr. Madnar. Find out what Metal Gear is and take them to the extraction point aka an Helicopter Pad not in use by Outer Haven units. Afterward, deploy the fulton recovery device for extraction
- Snake learns Gray Fox is being held in South Africa at the Outer Haven main base along with Dr. Madnar and his top scientist team. His low level assistants were to be executed by Outer Heaven soldiers via demolishing Mother Base. Last, that Metal Gear is also in South Africa and that Outer Haven is planning to use a custom made ICBM nuclear tipped missile potentially on any country that threatens them.
- The mission goes bad when Snake is about to have the scientist air lifted off the ground via fulton recovery devices. The scientists are brutally gunned down by Outer Haven Elite soldiers.
- An enraged Snake takes down the Outer Haven soldiers that approach him using his hybrid but deadly CQC system and tries to air lift himself via fulton recovery device. However, he is ambushed by a masked Venom Snake aka The Masked Phantasm.
- Snake puts up one hell of a fight, hitting Venom several times to where the point where Venom can only praise Snake’s skills. However, he loses when Venom plays mind games with him including stating his full code name and kicks up off the rig.
- Mother Base is destroyed by Venom and his men. Snake is adrift at sea until he is saved by the Los Angeles Class Submarine (Block 3) that helped him infiltrate Mother Base. He is later taken back to the states for a debriefing on what happened while he recovers in a hospital.
- In this mission, Snake only has Big Boss communicating with him and does not get much support. He is given only a trap gun, his CQC knife and basic first aid kits.
- The suit he wears is similar to his sneaking suit from MGS. Only this suit is design to swim on to the Mother Base elevator platform and sneak around on the surface at night
This is where Snake goes to South Africa and has to get to Outer Haven which is a vastly HUGE heavily defended base. Potentially the best soldiers and mercenaries in the world work and defend the base. It is an official mission sponsored by Fox-Hound, NATO, CIA, NSA, UN and top members of the US Government. This means Solid Snake gets a load of equipment, gadgets and weapons for the mission.
- The briefing section for the main mission would give Escape from New York vibes. Big Boss, Lt. Colonel Roy Campell and other government officials brief Snake on his mission. It is here Snake sees his weapons, equipment and gadgets he will have for Operation:.
- Snake mission is the following: 1. Rescue Gray Fox, Kyle Schidener and Dr. Madnar. 2. Investigate War Crimes committed by Outer Haven. 3. Aid Resistance Fighters in any way possible. 4. Rescue any other hostages on the base. 5. Destroy Metal Gear and Neutralize the threat Outer Haven poses to the world. 6. Terminate the Masked Phantasm (Venom Snake)
- He is air dropped in South Africa by an C-130 gunship (Reference to Metal Gear NES/MGS3) and is ordered to meet with an Resistance fighter before moving into an areas destroyed by Outer Heaven forces via horse back
- This intro game would be similar to Rambo 3 and gives a hint on what Solid Snake will be going up against as travel though the beginning of the game seeing Outer Heaven air force units from a distance bomb villages
- The main mission would be a large map to roam around. The location being Galzburg, South Africa where the main base of Outer Haven is located at.
- When Gray Fox is rescued, he will provide support and be Snake’s mentor.
- Level boss battles will be intense and hard
- Last, Entering Outer Haven HQ will be intense and the final battle as well.
Gameplay would be a mix between MSG 3 and MSG 4 and MSG 5. It takes influence from other games like Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell and Grand Theft Auto video games along with new mechanics. The concept is to give the game a war survival horror like vibe if you’re spotted by the enemy or having trouble surviving in the wilderness.
MSG3 gameplay elements
- Like MGS3, you could change your camouflage and blend into the environment, camouflage meter, survive off the wilderness and eat foods.
- Finding food in the wilderness would boost Snake’s stamina and also assist with him getting his LIFE up when he rests. However, they would not boost his LIFE up like military rations or other foods (Three-Five star food) found in the supply depots or mess halls at Outer Haven bases would.
- The first aid system from MGS3 would play a part in the game. Solid Snake would be able to heal his wounds or stop bleeding like Big Boss did in MGS3 many decades ago. So having first aid items will be vital.
- The game would have different rations from different countries that Snake can eat from if he takes it off an Outer Haven soldier or from their supply depots. Military rations help heal Snake LIFE and give a small or moderate boost depending on the quality of the ration. (ex. American Military rations would give a moderate boost to Snake LIFE but would give a small boost to his stamina as he isn’t in favor of the rations taste. Russian rations would only give Snake a Small boost in LIFE and small boost in stamina due to its taste. Call back to MGS3. French Rations would boost Snake’s LIFE and Stamina completely which would be a call back to MSG4.)
- Different foods found on Outer Haven bases can boost Snake’s stamina up and LIFE better than Rations such as the Calorie Mate, Curry, different sodas, snacks, etc. Also, three or five star meals found in Outer Haven mess halls scatter through-out their many sub bases or garrisons. P.S. I want to have a scene where Solid Snake finds a Calorie Mate and speaks to Big Boss about it and the two have an interesting conversation about it. (Lol)
- Snake can sabotage enemy supply deports and armories to reduce the enemies ability in fighting him if spotted.
MGS4 Gameplay elements-
- Over the shoulder gameplay
- First person view and aiming down the sights
- A fluid polished gun gameplay mechanic
- Customizable weapon system, weapon attachment, swapping out and fixing inventory slot for weapons and/or inventory
- Psyche meter, this goes down when Snake is spotted too much and takes too much damage
- Currency system to upgrade weapons and get ammo when Snake runs into Resistance fighters weapon vendors
- Solid Snake having the option to assist resistance fighters or continue with his mission
- Aiding resistance fighters will help Snake during take segments of the game. They will return favors to Snake by giving him rations, weapons, other foods and ammo
- Saving hostages at Outer Haven facilities will also assist Snake and give him items or information
- Polished CQC system
- Being able to pick up ammo and weapons of dead enemy soldiers. No ID tags for the weapon.
- Polished CQC and fighting system
- Being able to operate vehicles, tanks, apcs and infantry fighting vehicles. However, enemy forces will start to respond more aggressive call in armored units or gunships to Snake out
- Ride horses
- Weather and day changes at random times, Snake can use this for his advantage
- Enemy checkpoints and small bases that Outer Haven use as buffer against intruders and Outer Haven resistance fighters
- Call in support from local Outer Heaven Resistance fighters (only if you assisted them in them battles, gained their respect and they’re nearby to help)
- Gunship helicopter patrols
- Air assault units
- Armored convoy patrol
- Snake can sabotage mini Outer Haven bases, outpost and can knock enemy communications which makes it harder for enemies to call for back up
- Sabotaging Outer Heaven outposts and their infrastructure will cause Outer Heaven to move their forces out to confront the Resistance fighters thus giving Solid Snake a chance to get past them
- Snake can smoke his Lucky Striker cigarettes to bring up his Psyche or allow time to pass by similar to what Venom Snake did with his E-Cigars in MSG5
Splinter cell element-
- The game would allow players/Solid Snake to use stealth mechanics similar to that game to get by or attack Outer Heaven soldiers
- This also means hiding in the shadows and sometimes staying out of the light
Grand Theft Auto elements-
- Like GTA games, if you do too much damage to the police they get more aggressive.
- It would be no different when you fight Outer Haven soldiers as they will start to send in more elite soldiers with better weapons and armor.
- They will also be able to be armored units or mechanized units and gunships would be sent to kill Snake.
- Worse, Air strikes and heavy artillery strikes as well. Some OH units would deploy bi-pedal armor vehicles and jet packs along with guard dogs.
- This would strongly support the stealth element of the game and give it a war horror movie vibe if you get spotted by the enemy. It doesn’t matter how many good weapons you have on you. You will be overwhelmed by Outer Heaven soldiers and will die if you get spotted multiple times.
- This would be similar to what you see in GTA if too many law enforcement agents continue to swarm on you
New Gaming mechanics -
- Non-linear gameplay- meaning random patrols of Outer Soldiers can occur the closer you get to Outer Haven HQ
- Open world map. Goal is to give fans the immersion that the red dead redemption games gave. Basically the Outer Heaven is like a large country in and of itself
- Game would reward you for not being spotted and embracing the stealth elements of the game. This means you will encounter less Outer Heaven patrols in the game and they won’t be heavily geared up when doing them
- If Snake gets spotted too much in the game, Outer Heaven soldiers will be more hype vigilante, heavily armed and geared up. They will change their patrol tactics to make it difficult for Snake to sneak around. Worse double up on patrols or have support from armored units, gunships or unmanned drones.
- Stealth take down system. Snake can perform lethal or non-lethal takedowns rambo style when his enemies get close. The players can make the decision on which take down to use.
- Snake can switch his fighting system from CQC to the various martial arts he knows. If multiple soldiers are near him he can use CQC or use standard martial arts when fighting enemies that can counter his CQC based attacks.
- He can use a CQC take down on enemies not paying attention to him or other forms of melee takedowns.
- This is to showcase how skilled Snake is when it comes to fighting
- Different locations have points that are controlled by the Outer Haven Resistance fighters and Outer Heaven soldiers
- The game will reward players for assisting Outer Heaven resistances and sabotaging Outer Heaven bases
- Liberate occupied villages under Outer Heaven soldiers occupation or avoid them, go though abandoned villages or resistance fighter controlled villages
- The closer you get to Outer Haven, the more patrols and mini bases run by Outer Heaven soldiers you will encounter. This means the game will get very difficult real quick.
- Outer Heaven patrols will be random at time depending on how many times you have raised the alarms or not during your mission
- Caution mode would contribute to this but there will be more patrols if you cause yourself to enter caution phase too much
- The travel to Outer Haven’s main HQ is to parallel MSG3 when Big Boss had to travel to Gronznyj Grad. It short, Snake travels to Outer Haven would be an epic long high adrenaline rush journey to defeat Venom Snake and destroy TX-55 Metal Gear
- South Africa’s map would be vast and large. It is filled with its soft and rough terrain. Snake can use this to his advantage but so can Outer Heaven Soldiers
- Players will have the option to either go to Outer Heaven outpost or avoid them by using the rough terrain to get around the outpost
- Gray Fox will assist Snake in certain parts of the game and provide support either though radio or combat support to take down a level boss.
- At times, Snake and Gray Fox would work together to take down Outer Haven patrols
- The final part of the game involves Solid Snake and Gray Fox having to fight hordes of Elite Outer Heaven soldiers as they fight to stop Venom Snake from using TX-55 to fire a completed experimental long range ICBM nuclear missile on the Patriots
- Last, Solid Snake vs Venom Snake. Venom proclaims that he is Big Boss to Snake after taking off his mask and the two fight. The rest is history.
- The final battle is to parallel the battle between The Boss and Big Boss. Intense gunfight and CQC fight between the two. Snake needs to use an experimental rocket launcher made by Outer Haven to kill Venom Snake
- After beating the game, you can play as Gray Fox and see the story though his eyes and how he is informed by the Real Big Boss to assist Snake and help him take down Venom Snake.
- Being able to blend into the environment Rambo/Navy SEAL tier One style to either get past enemies or take them down one by one
- Snake would have a booby trap system inspire the Rambo movies to help ambush soldiers or distract them while they go to aid wounded soldiers.
- Snake can create ghillie suits to hide from enemy soldiers, covertly sneak past them or use it to ambush them
- Players would have multiple options on how to enter Outer Heaven outpost and the main HQ
- The weapons in the game will be from late 60s to mid 90s. Weapons form both Soviet Union, Warsaw Pact, China and NATO countries. This goes from handgun, submachines, assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, and anti tank weapons. Last, grenades and mines.
- Weapons can be customizable for Snake to use if he finds the attachment for the weapons or finds an resistance fighter vendor that is nearby to upgrade his weapons
- Enemies use weapons fitted for the environment that they operate it and it's at random the types they use
- Some weapons will be custom built weapons that don’t exist in the real world to be the spirit of the previous Metal Gear Solid game.
- Some weapons will allow Snake to use his CQC techniques or basic melee attacks with weapons
Snake’s Gadgets/Tools for the main mission where he gets official support
- Snake's suit is a combination of late 80s and 90s US Army Special Forces attire but modified.
- 90s tactical vest. It can be upgraded for Snake to carry more ammo and to take more damage as time goes on
- Custom built MP5SD6 with a folding stock, an Beretta 92FS with an tactical flashlight/laser sighting, also can be fitted with an suppressor and MK.22 Trap gun. The weapons are modded so he can use his CQC skills
- A small pack that allows Snake to carry items. This can be increased by upgrading it in the game
- Motion-sensing radar that allows him to track enemy soldiers, a precursor to Soliton Radar. It acts more like a sonar device then radar
- Mountain climbing equipment
- Combat Scuba gear (can be refilled by going outer heaven supply deports)
- Snake has a advanced long range radio and a wireless headset to communicate with his team
- Wire cutters
- Different camouflages and face paint to wear
- Idroid like device but advanced
- Fox Hound adaptation of INT-SCOPE but more advanced and has the ability for Snake to switch to different fields of view including Night Vision and Thermal Infrared. Last, a camera system for Snake to take pictures
- INT-SCOPE can be used to help Snake what tier Outer Heaven Soldier that he is dealing with and help him plan acquiring and allow him to listen in
- Tactical flashlights
- Tools to create ghillie suits
- CQC knife
- Survival Knife used for melee take downs
- Limited Fox-Hound issued MRE rations to restore life and stamina along with restore psyche
- A blue bandana that Big Boss gives him
- Vehicles found in the game are jeeps, armored tank, tanks, APCs, artillery vehicles and helicopters along with jets from the late 70s to mid 90s
- Unmanned vehicles that didn’t exist in the mid 90s
- The end of the 80s going into a new era aka the 90s.
- Desert Storm and the aftermath of the war
- The politics behind America being the only SuperpoweHype-power in the 90s
- Child Soldiers, Solid Snake being one.
- NATO, its organization expanding and the conflicts it was involved in though peacekeeping missions
- The fall of the Soviet Union, end of the Cold War, and Post-Cold War politics/events
- The rise of new technology, internet, movies, music CGI and upcoming digital age in the 90s
- The rise of global terrorism and rogue states
- The threat terrorism and rogue states pose and the fear of them getting their hands on nuclear weapons. A true big fear of the 90s going into the 2000s
- Coming of age soldiesecret agent/legend (Solid Snake)
- The Rambo movie series since Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake were heavily influenced by the first three Rambo movies.
- 80s and 90s James Bond movies. Mostly Goldeneye since it follows post-cold war.
- Die Hard movies series, gun battles and intensity between the characters and death defining odds
- Hardboiled (1992), the gun battle that Solid Snake and Gray Fox will have against the swarm of Outer Haven elite soldiers would be heavily influenced off the final gun battle from this movie.
- Running Man, the Boss level villains being similar in design to the villains from the movie, only less colorful, evil like, aggressive and more tactical in fighting.
- Face Off (1997) - action scenes
- Escape from New York, since the first game was influenced by the movie. The main mission where Solid Snake goes to South Africa with official support will give off this type of vibes including the mission briefing he is given as he looks at his equipment.
- The Rock (1996), action scenes and the relationship that Sean Connery as John Patrick Mason and Nicolas Cage as Stanley Goodspeed, FBI. Its similar to the relationship Gray Fox and Solid Snake will have.
- The music for the game would be influenced by the previous MGS games, Rambo movies, Syphon filter and action movies from the 90s. Mixed bag of tones to give different vibes for the game
- The music will be atmospheric in nature as you move around Mother Base and later South Africa
- One set of music to make you feel like a spy, other half giving you the false sense of safety, other places the music will make you feel like your in a warzone and/or being chased
- Real world music from the 80s and 90s that players can listen to when they find a Sony Discman D-145 (1995) laying around or Sony walkmans
- Real world music would 80s - 1995, Rock, Pop, Alternative Rock, R&B, Mainstream hits, Rap, Jaxx and etc. Can listen to game music as well on either device when you the player find them.
- David/Solid Snake:
- A child soldier of sorts. He spent his life being fostered by different foster parents (Patriot handlers) until he reached the age of 6. After that, Solid Snake was trained though-out most of his life by his many handlers at an US Army run school.
- In the US Army run school (Patriots involvement), he was made to engage in a mix of U.S. infantry, Airborne infantry, U.S. Army Ranger, Green Beret and Delta Force style harsh training. Add in the school making him learn different languages at a young age.
- On days he didn’t do military training, Snake was made to endure intense academic schooling. It was here Snake was pushed to understand the general knowledge of Science, Math, Reading, English, Writing, Workshop Skills at a High School to College level. In addition, understand how to operate most vehicles as well.
- At age 18, he was later placed in the US Army as a 2LT to a Green Beret Unit. The Patriots and his handlers, changed his age date so that he was capable of joining the unit and being a junior officer. He is second in command of the unit and sent to fight in Desert Storm (1990-1991).
- Solid Snake had a short but very successful career in the US Army through the multiple successful missions he completed in that war.
- His missions involved him destroying multiple SCUD launchers, sabotaging Iraqi supply lines, disputing their communication lines, assassination or capturing of top Iraqi officers, and deep reconnaissance within Iraq. His unit would also take part in aiding in liberating Kuwait.
- He is awarded a Silver Star and promotion to Captain before personally being recruited into Fox-Hound by Big Boss himself.
- Big Boss and Roy Campell were coordinating Fox-Hound operations in Desert Storm which is why they knew of Snake’s exploits and saw him as a candidate for the unit.
- Prime Solid Snake is a force to reckon with and is considered to be the best all around Fox-Hound agent along with being the finest practitioner of CQC next to Big Boss and The Boss.
- Big Boss states to Gray Fox at the end of the game that Snake could defeat The Boss with ease had they had fought in a straight hand to hand duel in the 1960s. In short, this is Big Boss way of humbling Gray Fox and telling him to NOT underestimate Snake for when the time comes for Fox to kill him (Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake events).
- Snake’s CQC is unique and deadly in design due to his expert knowledge of various different martial arts from his youth, his mastery of Close Quarter Battle (CQB) and knowledge of CQC handed down to him by Big Boss. Snake incorporates many different forms of Martial Arts to his style of CQC where he adds in striking (punching and kicking), fake or faints, foot work, clinch, ground fighting and grappling.
- Despite being inexperienced, Snake makes up for this by being sure of his skills and not being afraid to pull the trigger. Snake’s real fear is that he is going up against experienced killers and soldiers by himself who can kill him
- Snake’s relationship with Gray Fox is similar to the relationship to what we saw in MGS2 between Solid Snake and Raiden. Only a young Solid Snake is more badass when compared to a young Raiden
- Snake’s relationship to Roy Campell is similar to what we see in MGS. However, the two become friends quickly due to the experiences they share being involved in Desert Storm.
- Roy Campell encourages Snake not to give up and to be sure of himself. He also calms down an enraged Snake when they learn that Big Boss is behind everything.
- Solid Snake's relationship with Big Boss is similar to The Boss and Naked Snake in MGS3 but a lot longer as Big Boss continues to “support” Solid Snake with his mission.
- Fox-Hound, NATO, CIA, FBI and NSA start to put the pieces together that Big Boss is behind everything. He goes off the air and Venom Snake confronts Solid Snake. Rest is history after that.
- He is the commander of Fox-Hound and re-organizes the covert special forces unit to combat terrorism and rogue states trying to get their hands on nuclear weapons.
- This was a fear in the 90s and Big Boss being a legendary war hero made him the perfect pick to be the leaders of the organization again
- Under his leadership, Fox-Hound is successful in taking out world terrorists, international arms dealers, their backs and having them arrest by allied countries
- Big Boss and Roy Campell are awarded medals for their efforts
- Big Boss holds the simulated rank of a One Star General in within Fox-Hound due to his vast war experience, successful missions and saving the world several times over
- We learn of Big Boss past and how he was an top NCO before MGS3 before being given an rank of officer
- Big Boss personally trains Solid Snake and passes his legacy down to him after Snake accepts an open challenge to spare him and hits Big Boss multiple times before losing.
- This is a tradition Big Boss would offer recruits during his command. The challenge was that he would train any recruit as his solo student if they could hit him in sparring. Only Snake was the only recruit to do so in Fox-Hound.
- Big Boss does care for Solid Snake in a bizarre way and doesn’t want to see him killed unless it's by his hands which he is secretly plotting to do.
- In the virtuous and main mission, Big Boss provides support to Solid Snake by giving him advice from his war time experience, how to survive in sneaking around Outer Haven and how to survive off the land.
- During Boss battles, Big Boss goes off the air, leaving Campell to assist.
- Everyone becomes suspicious of Big Boss when they discover his spy plane has disappeared off radar and it is not far from Outer Haven.
- Worse, when intelligence agencies learn that Big Boss was sending message to Outer Heaven HQ (Gray Fox) but they are unaware of who
- They create an warrant for his arrest and the rest is history after Venom Snake dies
Roy Campbell :
- He isn’t a full bird colonel yet and is an Lt. Colonel. He is second in command of Fox-Hound.
- Big Boss trusted Campell because of the events they shared in MSG:PO and the vast amount of experience he has in counter-terrorism missions to black ops in taking out terrorists leaders.
- Campbell quickly befriends Solid Snake due to their shared war experiences in Desert Storm.
- Campbell is a skilled tactician and strategist, and is heavily supportive of Solid Snake. He gives Snake (Player) hints and clues to move around in the game. In addition, information on weapons and vehicles.
- Last, he gives ideas on how to destroy level bosses
- He was on a mission to assassinate Venom Snake after Big Boss discovered that Venom wants to use Nuclear Weapons against Patriot run countries that would trigger a nuclear war. Of course, official members of Fox-Hound are unaware of this and believe he is investigating Outer Haven to learn if they’re involved with terrorists.
- He fails his mission that Big Boss assigned to him and is captured by Venom Snake after losing a fight against him.
- Venom spares his life and threatens that if he escape, he will personally take him out next time.
- After being feed by Solid Snake, Gray Fox is ordered by Big Boss in secret to assist Snake in taking out Venom and later assassinate Snake to cover up everything at Outer Heaven.
- However, Gray Fox is unable to help Snake take out Venom after being cut off by a swarm of Outer Haven soldiers. He instead sacrifices himself so that Snake can stop Venom from launching nukes from Metal Gear TX-55. Later, fakes his death so he could return to the real Big Boss and help with Zainabarland
- After beating the game, you can play as Gray Fox and see the story through his eyes. Learn more about him, his fighting style and how he assists Solid Snake
- His fighting is mixed between his fighting style as Null (MGS:PO), CQC concepts Big Boss passed to him, Knife fighting style and pro gun fighting skills.
Venom Snake/Big Boss
- Venom Snake would have a huge makeover since the events of Metal Gear Solid 5. He has been given nanomachines so that he can survive future medical surgery and look more like Big Boss and stand in for him.
- The horn in his head is removed which almost kills him but the nanomachines prevent this and heal him. They also grant him superhuman abilities that turn him into a super-soldier of sorts. His bionic hand is replaced with a more human-like bionic hand.
- The nanomachines are a precursor to what Vamp would have many years later. Only Venom’s nanos won’t bring him back from the dead, just heal him faster. However, the side effects is that the nanos in him are making him mentally unhinged
- He is given a new sneaking suit to help harness his new abilities and provide extra protection for him. Snake would need to use an Anti-Tank rifle or Anti-Tank rocket launcher to take him out.
- He is not the same man he was in MSG5. He is more militant towards the Patriots, ruthless and cold blooded. A pure demon at this point and isn’t afraid to commit war crimes or allow his men to do so.
- Venom’s prime mission is to destroy the Patriots and nations they run via nuclear strike using TX-55 Metal Gear. However, he knows that Outer Haven will be hit by NATO countries.
- This causes a rift between Venom and Big Boss. Venom sees Big Boss as being weak and is not willing to do enough to destroy the Patriots and is not willing to do whatever it takes to do so.
- However, the rift is created by Master Miller who kept his promise to help make the sons of Big Boss and Venom Snake stronger then Big Boss
- The rift gets so bad that Big Boss suspects Venom is not being loyal to him anymore and sends in Gray Fox to find out what Venom is doing leading to Metal Gear (1987) events and to assassinate him. Fox fails and loses to Venom in a fight. Venom shows mercy and has Fox locked at a maximum security brig at the Outer Haven prison site.
- A Venom Snake respects Solid Snake as he sees how skilled he is but he also plays mind games with him by hinting his relationship to Big Boss.
- He now wears a mask when he goes out in battlefields to fight aside his men so as to keep Big Boss identity hidden. He is dubbed the Masked Phantasm by world intelligence agencies. As far as the world is concerned, nobody knows who the Masked Phantasm is. Some people think he is a student of Big Boss due to CQC abilities. Near the end, he takes the mask off to reveal to Solid Snake who he is Big Boss (fake one).
- Last, we will know of the tragic story of Venom Snake and how really wanted to be a doctor after his contract with Militaires Sans Frontières end.
- Sadly, no one will ever know about Venom Snake and the man he was before his tragic events.
- He will apologize via radio to Big Boss asking his forgiveness and informs him that Solid Snake is not a man but a demon of their own making. Last, he correctly predicts that Snake will defeat the Patriots and do what they failed to do right before the Outer Haven based self destructs.
- Developer of Outer Haven and help with building the base. Later, becomes the leader of the Outer Haven resistance force in South Africa after learning of Outer Haven’s war crimes in the region.
- He is captured and the resistance fighters try to scramble to rescue him. They agree to help Fox-Hound and Solid Snake in exchange for the safe return of their leader
- Knows where most of the weapons, foods and other important items are on the base will inform Snake on where to find them.
- Also inform Snake of where vital security checkpoints are and more are located at.
- Is caught in the explosion when NATO destroys what is left of Outer Haven. He is saved by the Real Big Boss.
- He will tragically become the Black Ninja and this leads to the event of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake where he will seek revenge against the world for what has happened to him.
- She is the sister of Kyle Scheider. She took it upon herself to go and rescue her brother despite not being a soldier or warrior.
- She disguises herself as a nurse and sneaks into the base. She assist Snakes with information and where weapons are at.
- The original game doesn't say what happened to her. So I have her help Solid Snake escape and they watch Outer Haven from a distance get destroyed with NATO delivering air strikes on reminding Outer Haven bases
- She is present when Solid Snake is giving a medal for completing the mission by President Bill Clinton
- The two have a brief relationship before he moves to Canada to be an undercover CIA agent
- Snake helps her find a job in America for her helping him and getting her a green card to stay in America
Drago Pettrovich Madnar
- A Goth Punk rocker that has a band called Thin Wall. She performed for Outer Haven several times and knows about the base
- She assists Snake with giving information on Outer Haven bases and the main HQ. Also, info on the mercenaries that operate the bases and informs him of the weakness of the Bosses in the game.
- She has a crush on Solid Snake and is in her early 20s.
- She is present for Solid Snake getting a medal for completing the mission
- The developer of the first Metal Gear. His project, himself, his scientist and his daughter are taken hostage by Outer Heaven soldiers
- He is being used to complete TX-55 Metal Gear and develop an custom built nuclear tipped ICBM that can be fired from Metal Gear
- Informs Solid Snake on how to take out Metal Gear He is taken off base by Jennifer after Snakes saves him
- He informs the US Government to send Snake his regards fos saving him
- The daughter of Dr. Madnar. She is being used as a tool to force Dr. Madnar on continuing his work on TX-55 Metal Gear
- She is saved by Snake and escorted off the base by Jennifer
- She is present for Snake getting a medal for completing the mission and stands in for her father
- Expert in science, engineering and responsible for making all of the gadgets Fox-Hound has
- He is also aware of the weapon systems, gadgets and tools that Outer Heaven Soldiers use
- Son of Donald Anderson
- Gameplay mechanic, he is charge of saving the game for you when you contact him
- Would return in Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibar Land and Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy Chronicles to aid Snake. In Philanthropy Chronicles he aids Snake to atone for the sins of his father. He would go into hiring with Snake’s afterwards which is why there is no mention of him in MGS4
- He would leave Fox-Hound after the Zanzibarland incident and work for the CIA as a gadget builder
submitted by Individual_Mess3929
to metalgearsolid [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:01 bakert12 Update changelog
Introduced a new map module: DCS: Sinai Introduced a new campaign:
UH-1H The Huey Last Show Campaign by SorelRo
- Infantry no longer smoke when injured or killed
- ME. Weather widget: Broken alignment. Not enough space for strings - fixed
- Ships. Arleigh Burke aft launcher is missing the 'boom' sound when the SM-2 missile is fired - fixed
- ME. Mission Editor freezes when creating a new group - fixed
- AI Aircraft. AV-8B. Incorrect deck landing and takeoff in some cases - fixed
- AI Aircraft. AV-8B can't take off from FARP and sea shelf objects - fixed
- GUI Error when try to select track in some cases - fixed
- Ground units. In some situations, the collision of a bullet and a unit is not registered - fixed.
- MP. Server CTD if the client is destroyed due to a trigger and the client leaves the server - fixed.
- Historical mode. Egyptian list of units tuned.
- MP. There is no confirmation window when exiting the MP via the role selection menu - window added
- ME. ATC always shows AM radio modulation even if scene role set to FM - fixed
- AI Aircraft. MiG-31 will be able to simultaneously launch up to four R-33 missiles to four targets.
- Improved rendering of sea water surface in FLIR.
- ME. Aircraft payload view will stay open when "Additional Properties" tab is open.
- FLIR. South Atlantic Map IR render is adjusted.
- AI Aircraft. AI fighters will attack specialized interceptors like MiG-31 type if they are tasked with attacking fighters.
- MP. Server CTD on unit:destroy when player controlled - fixed
- Incorrect display of the horizon visibility boundary in TV mode of targeting pods - adjusted
- VR. Left eye has issues with lights on terrain and buildings - fixed lightmap applying in multi-viewport setup
- ME. MK-84 and some other bombs are missing in the Bomb in Zone Condition of trigger - fixed
- MP. Dedicated Server: slot spamming causes 100% CPU load and server unreachable - Fixed
DCS: F-16C Viper by Eagle Dynamics
- Added Velocity Search With Ranging (VSR) - Instruction video DCS: F-16C and F/A-18C Velocity Radar Modes Update (COMING SOON)
- Added MTR LO (71 knots) and HI (110 knots) function from CTRL (knots) page of FCR for radar AA modes
- Added Sinai IA Instant Action missions
- Fixed: Markpoint created from FCR GM has large offset from what is designated
- Fixed: Offset Aimpoint altitude is entered from DED with negative values
- Fixed: ASEC and DLZ persists in FCR after switching to NAV mode
- Fixed: TGP Mark point incorrect in weapon MAN mode
- Fixed: ACM 30x20 locking outside the HUD limits.
- Fixed: IAS incorrect on Marianas with very high head winds
- Fixed: Radar able to track targets that are terrain masked
- Updated BFM Instant Action Mission
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics
- Added Velocity Search (VS) - Instruction video DCS: F-16C and F/A-18C Velocity Radar Modes Update (COMING SOON)
- Added Sinai IA Missions
- Fixed: Enabling one-look raid removes target offboard information
- Fixed: Stuck B sweep on the edge of the DDI after locking on to the target
- Fixed: Slewing after Offset designation moves the WP symbol on the HSI
- Fixed: Extrapolated radar trackfiles continue to update the AIM-120 with the true position of the target
- Fixed: Precise coordinates discrepancy between F10 map and the cockpit
- Fixed: TWS won't show a trackfile until 6 raw hits (bricks) are detected
- Fixed: AZ/EL and RDR ATTK pages show info for jamming target
- Fixed: Offset symbol moves in SA page
- Fixed: SA page shows HAFUs ranked as 0, for trackfiles below rank 9
- Fixed: Stepping away from first track file takes two presses
- Fixed: Training mission carrier moves when it should be static
- Fixed: Airspeed in HUD on Marianas is doubled in very high head winds
- Fixed: Time on Target seems too fast when setting ground speed
- Fixed: Radar able to track targets that are terrain masked
- Updated Hornet BFM Instant Action missions
DCS: AH-64D by Eagle Dynamics
- Made it possible for AI to use IAT
- Added Sinai IA Instant Action missions
- Added Windshield wipers clear rain drops
- Added for AGM-114L new icon for ME
- Fixed: George manoeuvres are not predictable and almost deadly
- Fixed: LST switch in front cockpit moved to A in cold starts (auto-start and manual starts)
- Fixed: AGM-114L seem to fail to hit targets fired while aircraft is moving
- Fixed: APU desync between PLT and CPG
- Fixed: "George" will say "in range" when it is not
- Fixed: Player-CPG cannot launch AGM-114L after AGM-114K
- Fixed: George evaluate LT switch position when Player leaves CPG seat
- Fixed: Yaw limit after you don't launch AGM-114L at once
- Fixed: Constraint box fixed after last missile
- Fixed: George launched AGM-114L from 9km when in weapons free mode
- Fixed: AGM-114 typo in weapon label
- Fixed: FCR defaults to wrong mode in specific power on conditions
DCS: Mi-24P Hind by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: Radio desync in multicrew
- Fixed: R-863 radio does not turn on channel 11 on Pilot-Operator seat in multicrew
- Added: Quick Start missions for Sinai map
DCS: UH-1H Huey by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: Minigun animation is missing in MT
- Fixed: WIP Throttle control over FCU logic for new engine model. (Before helicopter would be able to takeoff on throttle idle)
- Fixed: WIP Fuel consumption tuning after new engine model implementation
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight by Eagle Dynamics
- Added: Quick Start missions for Sinai map
- Fixed: Crash caused by asymmetrical gunpods jettison
DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: MT - long range lineup light not visible
- Fixed: Deck markings not showing in mission editor MT
DCS: FW 190A-8 by Eagle Dynamics
- Pitot light indicator now works without ground power (pitot heating functions still have known issues)
- Fixed: Double bind for Start Switch
DCS: FW 190D-9 by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed: Double bind for Start Switch
DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations
- NEW: Added over 100 user requested keybinds (with special thanks to Munkwolf et al.).
- Does not affect existing keybinds.
- RB-05 Overhaul:
- Fixed RB-05 only able to be steered with radar in A0.
- Fixed launched RB-05s automatically setting radar to A0 (without moving the switch).
- Fixed subsequent launches sending the first missile to Valhalla.
- Fixed steering commands being sent to the missile beyond 30s.
- Included several BK-90 fixes:
- Fixed STD switch erroneously affecting pattern setting.
- Inhibited display of BK-90 HUD symbology above 500m.
- Max distance release cue not showing correctly.
- Added U-22 Jammer Mode E (always transmits).
- Added non-tracer AKAN gunpod.
- Fixed Jammer warmup not being skipped during hotstart.
- Fixed U-22 (old) warning light not showing during warmup.
- Fixed X-TANK BRÄ light showing <50% RPM instead of <70%.
- Fixed airbrakes not auto-retracting with landing gear releasing.
- Added feature that allows airbrakes to be stopped in an intermediate position.
- Added “_(...)” to keybinds for l10n. Now keybinds are localizable.
DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations
- NEW: Major Ground Handling and Suspension Overhaul Phase 2:
- Significant suspension and ground handling qualities update.
- Increased Brake Torque.
- Adjusted kneel actuator rate.
- Completely redone strut forces and dynamics.
- Adjusted kneel spring energy.
- Fixed aircraft spawning kneeled on carrier hot starts.
- All hot starts now spawn with the parking brake engaged.
- Adjusted default takeoff trim for carrier spawns.
- Fixed incorrect delay in ejection sequence.
- EIG brightness adjusted with ambient illumination.
DCS: JF-17 by Deka Ironwork Simulations
- Fixed: SMS supports for PL-12
- Added: Weapon Qualification missions
DCS: SA-342M Gazelle by Polychop Simulations
SA342 - Common to all
- Updated external textures to PBR standard
- Added raindrops on canopy
- Interior lighting and reflections updated
- Flight model
- Entirely rewritten FM
- Overhauled engine and rotor behaviours
- Updated mass and payload mass parameters
- Many new behaviours added or reworked (ground effect, flapback/blowback, retreating blade stall, density altitude, ETL…)
- Engine surge effect from rapid collective movement added
- Force Feedback support added
- Removed ‘Easier Controls’ special option
- Removed ‘Rudder Trimmer’ special option (replaced with new trim options)
- New trim options for cyclic and pedal behaviour when using ‘Force Trim Interrupt’
- None - has no effect
- Instant - trim position instantly set to current cyclic/pedal position
- Fade In/Fade Out - trim position will move to current cyclic/pedal position over short time period (<1sec) (also applies to ‘Trimmer Reset’)
- Applied upon Recentering - trim position will apply instantly only when cyclic/pedal position is recentered
- Updated controls indicator
- Red marker shows control position
- Grey marker shows trim position
- Autopilot markers removed for further consideration
- Updated/added network animations
- Implemented IFF panel (limited functionality)
- Updated autopilot system
- Airspeed/Altitude hold mode removed for further consideration
- “Auto-collective” removed for further consideration
- Added light indicators for auto-hover (CSV) and heading-align (ALV) autopilot modes
- Autopilot master switch will not engage/will disengage if pitch, roll or yaw SAS disabled
- Added smoke display system
- Smoke launchers can be equipped in the rearm/refuel screen
- Smoke launchers have a new input to toggle on/off
- Collective can be hidden by clicking on base of collective
- Added tablet navigation aid
- Tablet can be disabled from mission editor
- Tablet provides map, heading, airspeed and groundspeed GPS information
- Updated slip ball to be less erratic
- Fuel warning light now flickers if below 80L
- Added new weapons:
- 2x/4x Mistral
- 2x/4x HOT3
- HMP400 gunpods (100, 200, 400)
- Selectable GIAT M621 20mm
Replaced Viviane screen with periscope sight
- Replaced Viviane control panel with periscope control board
- Periscope provides two zoom levels
- Toggleable gyro stabilisation
- Selectable reticles for estimating distance
- Connected to ‘VIS’ mode on Artificial Horizon same as Viviane
- Pilot sight can be hidden by clicking on mounting of pilot sight
- AI now able to fire HOT3 missiles
- Added ground crew option to remove doors
- Added option to shoot multiple pylons if the weapon is from the same type
- Viviane camera code overhauled
- Viviane multicrew synchronisation improved
- AI now able to fire HOT3 missiles
- Removed playable version (now replaced by SA342L)
- Removed Custom Cockpit options
- Added special option to decouple minigun from head/camera view
- Added inputs for keyboard/joystick control of minigun
- Added inputs for mouse control of minigun
- Added clickables and inputs for minigun safety, sight powebrightness and IR laser
SA342 Known issues and work in progress
- Auto-hover (CVS and ALV modes) are work in progress and may not function reliably yet
- PBR overhaul is a work in progress. Most liveries will look too glossy until they have custom RoughMet textures applied. This will happen over the next few DCS World updates.
- Our in-house Mistral ATAM has been replaced by ED’s which is very susceptible to flares.
- Mistral ATAM tubes protective cap not yet animated
DCS Mirage F1 by Aerges
Short range IR missiles:
- Fixed AIM-9J lock-on audio not being heard.
- Sidewinder missile will not perform SEAM (scan pattern) anymore as this mode was not implemented in the real F1.
- 'Cannon 600/Identification P' throttle button will now uncage Sidewinder missiles (except AIM-9B). If no target was detected at this moment, the seeker head will drift randomly following the background IR heat. The seeker will return to the boresight once the 'Cannon 600/Identification P' button is released. I.e. if a target is tracked, the button must be held pressed to keep the seeker on the target.
- AIM-9JULI launch delay was reduced to 0.4 seconds (AIM-9B/P/J still have 0.8 seconds).
- Magic 1 and 2 scan now is a 5 degrees wide rectangular pattern.
- Fixed Magic missile scan pattern. Sometimes the scan pattern size was excessively increased.
- Updated Magic missiles instantaneous seeker FOV. It is now 3.4 degrees wide.
- Wingtip missile energization switch now always spawns in ON position.
- Wingtip missile cooling time increased.
Flight model and control system:
- Adjusted yaw damper response (both amplitude and frequency).
- Adjusted wake turbulence behaviour. Now the aircraft won’t be so much affected by turbulence in yaw.
- Fixed control stick slow jitter in some situations when AP was connected.
- Fixed autopilot roll issues that caused disconnection in MP (and in SP after a longer time).
Gyroscope system fixes:
- Fixed bug that impeded full alignment of the gyros if the Gyro mode switch is moved out of stop before the aircraft has AC power.
- Gyro failure overhaul:
- Added new gyroscope related failures.
- Fixed general gyroscopic central failure (it now works as described in the manual’s failures section).
- Changed CAP (heading) failure light logic to no longer depend on the attitude gyroscope state.
Various systems changes:
- Fixed missing decimals in loaded radio presets.
- Increased alternator overheating time.
- BARAX lights test logic will be always working now, disregarding the system test status.
- INS overhaul (first step):
- Improved alignment steps and precision in all modes.
- Accelerating during alignment now generates a malfunction in the INS and requires full realignment.
- Fixed ALCM mode.
- Corrected oxygen test logic to follow manual description. Now the needle moves from full to empty to full again until the test button is depressed.
- Fixed oxygen indication energization logic. Now, when pressing the OXY TEST button, the oxygen indicator will be energized by the emergency AC bus 1 instead of the main AC bus 2, thus allowing the oxygen level to be read with the engine off.
- Fixed Standby Horizon attitude reference symbol movement with keyboard inputs.
- Fixed initial position of the ejection seat clickspot before it is pressed for the first time.
3D model and textures:
- Fixed the size of white dots in the Autopilot control panel.
- Fixed circuit breaker label (C de GYRO circuit breaker was incorrectly called NAV).
- Improved BR-250 bomb texture.
- Fixed the spherical indicator, it now shows the correct pitch attitude.
- Fixed the standby horizon, it now shows the correct pitch attitude.
- Updated the Flight Manual.
- Updated the startup training mission: Highlighted the NWS high sensitivity button. Specified that the "I" key on the keyboard sets the throttle to idle.
- Added PHIMAT chaff pod to versions CT, CR, ED, BD, EQ, BQ. (Only visual for now).
- Added Stick Hide/Unhide keybind.
DCS: C-101 Aviojet by AvioDev
- AIM-9M launch delay was reduced to 0.4 seconds.
- Magic 1 and 2 scan now is a 5 degrees wide rectangular pattern.
- Fixed Magic missile scan pattern. Sometimes the scan pattern size was excessively increased.
- Updated Magic missiles instantaneous seeker FOV. It is now 3.4 degrees wide.
- Fixed missing decimals in loaded radio presets.
- Fixed startup training mission (EN, ES and CN). The aileron control test trigger should now work.
DCS: Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics
- Double pylons with B-8 rockets don't work on Su-27/33 - fixed
DCS: Black Shark 3 by Eagle Dynamics
- ME. Incorrect mass of payloads - fixed
- MP. 2011 version instead of 2022 when looking at other clients - fixed
- Rotor gearbox sounds updated
DCS: Combined Arms by Eagle Dynamics
- Fixed - Player can't use HE shells in the second stage if in the first stage set 0 HE shells.
- Fixed - "Zero-sight" mask in iso-view IR or NVG on MBT Abrams.
DCS: Normandy 2.0 Map by Ugra Media
- Added scene of Spitfires factories in Hampshire
- Added scene with flags and warehouses from machinery at Heathrow Airfield
- Added the port of Le Treport
- Added two fishing boats
- Added fishing boat routes
- Added underground tunnels in Paris
- Added new tram routes in London
- Added wooden piers
- Improved radar tower scenes in England and France
- Improved port scenes for Portsmouth, Dunkirk, London
- Improved traffic of trains and cars
- Added earthworks at English airfields Kenley, Ford, Chailey, Needs Oar Point, West Malling, Gravesend
- Improved scenes of Orly, Saint-Andre-de-lEure, Amiens-Glisy, Carpiquet, Gravesend, Kenley airfields
- Improved tent and sandbag shelter scenes at Ford, Chailey, Gravesend, Kenley airfields
- Part of metal car bridges replaced by stone ones
- Improved range of visibility settings for city objects
- Improved life settings for objects
- Improved lighting of objects
- Destruction models are optimised
- Added steps on Tower Bridge, Mirabeau Bridge, Alexander III Bridge
- Fixed errors in the Chailey, Farnborough, Ford, Kenley, Beny-sur-Mer, Bazenville, Deux Jumeaux airfield scenes
- Fixed errors in taxiways and car parks at Chailey, Farnborough, Ford, Kenley, Lymington, Orly, Villacoublay, Saint-Andre-de-lEure, Creil, Cormeilles-en-Vexin, Carpiquet, Sainte-Laurent-sur-Mer
- Terrain errors on the French coast have been fixed
- Levelled terrain in the ports of Portsmouth, Dunkirk, London, Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Fixed errors in land textures near the Isle of Wight and on the coast of the landing zone
- Corrected collisions in Louvre Museum arches, military school in Paris, Luxembourg Palace, Tower, Victoria Station, Liverpool Street Station, Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace
- Fixed errors at Cumberland and Newhaven Forts
- Fixed the hands on the clocks at Victoria Station, Big Ben and model churches
- Increased texture resolution for minimum settings
- Improved cliffs on the coast of France
- Added large size flags
The Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign by Baltic Dragon:
General. Fixing typos, updates to briefings etc.
- Mission 01. Fixes to coordinates in subtitles. Removed unnecessary files from the mission.
- Mission 04. Added missing line for Pontiac. Updated on-screen messages so that player won't loose some of the comms.
- Mission 05. Removed duplicate briefing images. Updated flight plan (removed wrong WP1).
- Mission 06. Updated wrong kneeboard card with frequencies.
- Mission 07. Updated kneeboard and briefing images.
- Mission 09. Updated briefing images. Fixed issue with Overlord AI overstepping custom comms.
- Mission 11. Updated Player Group ID. Balancing of the difficulty for the infantry attack near the mosque.
- Mission 12. Fixed wrong VO for Lotus. Fixed overlapping comms for Raider.
- Mission 13. Fixed issue with missing debriefing. Minor typos fixed.
- Mission 15. Changed frequencies for some assets, so it is easier to manage the radios now.
- Mission 20. Updated mission date. Made some friendly units invisible so that they are not engaged by Russian SAMs.
DCS: F/A-18C Flaming Sunrise Campaign by Sandman Simulations
- Documentation – typos fixed
- All missions – typos fixed
- All missions – planning charts included in in-game kneeboard
- All missions – sidenumbers changed to be more realistic
DCS: F/A-18C Raven One: Dominant Fury Campaign by Baltic Dragon
- Horizontal Update. Updated and fixed skins for the campaign
- Mission 01. Fixed problem with AI flights not taking off and carrier turning constantly
- Mission 08. Fixed issue with Red orbiting around the carrier after takeoff
- Mission 12. Added safeguard for AI engaging the SAM sites
DCS: F/A-18C Inherent Resolve Campaign by Looking Glass
- Adjusted ALL mission start/wait times - users can start aircraft quickestart mission quicker
- Mission 5 - Barrel bombs - improved gameplay, added audio for fox calls player and wingman, improved AI, landings, sequencing
- Mission 11 - Chemical Alley - added immortal mode, improved gameplay, Enemy defences reduced, AAA FX improved, timings for tanker fixed
- Other bugs/errors corrected
- Mission End on mission fails has now been removed for ALL missions
submitted by bakert12
to hoggit [link] [comments]