Aesthetic halloween wallpaper gif
Aesthetic wallpapers of our team
2023.05.31 04:04 GucciPleb Aesthetic wallpapers of our team
Does anybody have good wallpaper material photos of our team? I am yearing to change my wallpaper and Pinterest doesn’t have much of 2023 season. Do help a fellow die hard fan out, thank you :)
submitted by GucciPleb
to csk [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:44 Pretty_Dig_524 Manta ray ps1 tech demo
Anyone know if there is a looping gif of the manta ray from the ps1 tech demo, just for use as a wallpaper, it brings me so much nostalgia so if there is, please reply
submitted by Pretty_Dig_524
to playstation [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 21:34 RamboBambiBambo [TotK] Anyone else wonder what we might see as DLC equipment options?
So LoZ: TotK is going to have DLC. And going off of how DLC was in BotW, I cannot help but wonder what new equipment items we may see added to the roster for TotK's gear in the form of new weapons, bows, shields, and armor that may be bundled into any of the DLC packs coming around.
So I cannot help but theorize and predict that we may get any of the following -
ARMOR SETS -
- Skyloftian Attire - Considering the fact we may get a DLC that adds more islands, I think it would be fitting to allow for Link to acquire clothing and a new hairstyle option as rewards; replicating Link's appearance from the opening act of Skyward Sword.
- Ordonian Shepherd - Sticking to the idea of having Link in TotK replicate the look of what we once wore in the opening act of a previous game, I think it would be fitting to allow us to acquire the outfit worn by Link in the opening act of Twilight Princess. Especially since it will expose Link's right arm that is now adorned with Zonai accessories.
- Zora Armor of Twilight - As an alternative outfit choice for the Zora Armor you can already acquire in-game, the Zora Armor of Twilight Princess would be an addition to simply allow you to replicate Link's appearance in Twilight Princess.
- Magic Armor - The Magic Armor from Twilight Princess could be added to the game. Though most likely it would simply be an alternative outfit style while replicating the same effect as the Mystic Armor, I personally believe it could be recontextualized as a suit of armor worn by King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule during his younger years as a mere prince of the realm before his time to reign.
- Hero's Shade Armor - Continuing the trend of Twilight Princess inspired attire, I believe that the armor worn by the late Hero of Time in his final days would make for a nice set of armor to replicate the effects of the Barbarian Armor set. To make it interesting, I would personally add a visual flair to the armor by having Link's flesh look normal by day; but when night falls, his exposed flesh becomes semi-translucent, revealling his bones beneath with a single eye-socket glowing red to fully pull off the Hero's Shade look.
- Dark Mage's Robes - Moving to more toon aesthetics, I believe that it would be interesting to provide Link with the ability to mimic Vaati's appearance from The Minish Cap. What with BotW/TotK being more cell-shaded, it would be rather fitting to allow for us to see Vaati's likeness in more graphical detail. Plus as a bonus I think it should receive the gloom-resistant effect.
- Royal Engineer Uniform - Similarly, I think it would be fitting to have the outfit worn by Link in Spirit Tracks to be available in TotK as a collectible set. If I were to apply a bonus attribute to the set, it would be Energy Cell Efficiency; thus wearing the full set would allow you to have a 20% less drain on your Energy Cells when using Zonai Devices.
- Cap/Tunic/Trousers of the Warrior - Honestly, I was surprised that this set was not available in the base game; seeing as the outfit was available in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. But I can totally see Nintendo adding it in as a new collectible set to acquire while scrounging through The Depths.
- Bunny Hood - Tired of eating Rushroom Skewers and Speed Potions? Well, wearing the Bunny Hood will provide you with the same effect; allowing you to jog and run faster; though climbing speed is still normal.
- Hawkeye Mask - Some Bows, such as the Gerudo Bow, will zoom in whenever you take aim. If Nintendo were to add this mask as a DLC item, this would be how to replicate that effect for all bows in the game.
- Pegasus Boots - No, I don't think a speed boost would be proper to apply to these boots. Instead, I would have it be so that wearing the boots has stamina drain reduced by 20% while sprinting. Combined with the Bunny Hood, you can most certainly travel fast and far on foot.
- Iron Boots - Tired of being knocked around by heavy attacks from large enemies? Don't want Horriblins with bouncy mushroom sticks to make you launch across the cave? Well, find and equip the iron boots to make you move around a little slower but also never be launched by a heavy attack. Just be ready to take the hit.
- Travelling Swordsman - Though most Super Smash Bros Ultimate players don't like the Mii BrawleGunneSwordfighter characters, we can all admit that the default outfit for Mii Swordfighter is actually pretty well made. I could easily see Nintendo add it in as a reference set of shirt and pants; to be paired with the Travelers weapons arrangement.
- Wooden Sword - I think as a fun silent addition, Nintendo should add the Wooden Sword from Twilight Princess as an item. An uncommon drop from the Meantree enemies, so instead of them dropping an effectively useless tree-branch; they drop a more sturdy wooden sword to possibly make use of.
- Ordon Sword - The sword that the Hero of Twilight wielded during his adventure's earliest miles. A fitting piece to help fully replicate the look of Link from the Twilight Princess game when paired with the Cap, Tunic, and Trousers of Twilight.
- Sword of the Knave - At the start of Hyrule Warriors, Link was but a young Knave on his way to be a proper Knight. So it would be fitting to rename the Knight's Sword as such. However in the hands of someone like Link, this blade's power would surpass the likes of a Knight's Sword from BotW/TotK.
- Blade of the Shade - Should the Hero's Shade armor items be added to the game, it would only be fitting to include the Hero's Shade sword to help complete the look.
- Gilded Sword - The fully upgraded Kokiri Sword version 4.0! I think it would be fitting to have to acquire this sword in the Lost Woods, implying that the Hero of Time had returned the blade to the Lost Woods after his adventure in Termina.
- Great Fairy's Claymore - Perhaps they might add in a quest for Link to perform for each of the Great Fairies, allowing you to be rewarded with the gift of the Great Fairy's Claymore? That or simply make us find it in the overworld.
- Kholint Sword - Seeing as Toy Link has been given some representation as a headpiece you can acquire, I think it would only be fitting to allow for you to obtain the ultimate sword from Link's Awakening as an item you can acquire.
- Blade of Hurricanes - The sword that the Hero of Winds used when not in possession of the Master Sword. What makes this blade unique? Well, I propose that if you were to charge up your spin-attack to the third level of power buildup; Link will then unleash a Hurricane Spin Attack! Great for when you are surrounded by enemies or just farming for items that you can harvest by cutting down grass in a field.
- White Sword - Though it has rarely made an appearance, I believe the addition of the White Sword would be fitting. Fun fact, if you attach a star fragment to an item; you will launch beams of light into the distance. So if the White Sword were to be added to the game, I think it would be best to have it simply not be a weapon you can throw away. Make it akin to the Master Sword where attempting to toss the sword will instead send out a beam. However in the White Sword's case, it will cast a triad of light sources into the distance. A good tool for when in the depths and trying to conserve Brightbulbs.
- Magical Sword - Like the White Sword, this sword should also be unable to be thrown. Instead, attempting to throw the sword should unleash an elemental attack. But with the caveat of it being a random type of element. Are we casting flames, lightning, or ice against our opponent?
- Phantom Sword - I think the addition of the Phantom Sword would be a nice addition to the game's roster of legendary weapons. But how to make it unique? Well it could be complicated to code, but I think that if Link were to try to toss the blade while at full health; it should launch a beam of light upon the enemy. Whatever enemy gets hit by the beam of light will replicate the Time Stop + ability from BotW so the enemy is frozen for a free hit or two.
- Lokomo Sword - The addition of the Lokomo Sword would make for a nice item to include in the weapons roster. But how to make it unique? Simple. If Link attempts to use the Fusion ability with this weapon and attempts to attach Zonai Charges or even Large Zonai Charges, the blade will be mended of damage. Thus the sword can be healed without the need of an Octorok.
- Four Sword - Now I know what you are thinking and NO. This sword will not make three other companion Links running around as AI companions. We already have our Vows with the Sages providing that. Instead I offer an alternative. Imagine a visual effect like what happens in Super Mario Galaxy when you pick up an Invincibility power up. Whenever you wield the Four Sword, you will instead have three shadows following very closely behind you; one red, one blue, and one purple. Whenever you swing the Four Sword, these copies follow your every motion and if the hit lands; they deal the same damage as you. So while the Four Sword would be 15 damage power, it is actually most likely 15x4 if all three of these copy Link's follow your motion and land their hits; meaning that if all 4 hits land you just dealt 60 damage with one button press. However, the enemy could fall out of range due to the slight knockback that weapons feature in the game; so you may end up missing your copy-cat hits. At least this is how I would have the Four Sword act in the game.
- Dominion Mace - Though this is more of a joke item. I figure that after eons, the Dominion Rod of Twilight Princess would be both depleted of power and all history regarding the relic has been lost to those who do not peruse the Royal Library. As a result, Link finds the Dominion Rod and deems it to be a well-made mace.
- Great Flameblade
- Great Frostblade
- Great Thunderblade
- So yes, these weapons were sadly removed as BotW transitioned into TotK. And yes, you can replicate them by way of elemental Lizalfos Horns. HOWEVER; I think there is a missed opporitunity here. Zonai attachments to Zoanite weapons receive a bonus to their attack power. I believe that these elemental weapons should return to the game and if affixed with the proper attachment (Flameblade receives Flame Lizalfos Horn attachment for example), it should have a similar enhancing effect to both the weapon's damage and elemental output.
- Sacred Bow - The final upgraded version of Skyward Sword Link's bow. I suspect that we will most likely see a DLC give us more islands in the sky to explore. So it would be fitting to be able to find this bow nested in a chest up high in the skies above Hyrule.
- Legendary Crossbow - It would be rather unique to have the ability to use Link's Crossbow from Link's Crossbow Training as a weapon. I personally would have it replicate the Duplex Bow to shoot two arrows for the price of one.
- Deku Shield - If any shield should be added in a DLC as a quest reward, it should be the iconic Kokiri Shield from Ocarina of Time. Simply have it be a reward given by the Deku Tree for Link running an errand for him, a humble and sentimental reward.
- Ordon Shield - To go with the Ordon Sword, I think that the Ordon Shield should also be added to the game as a legacy item; thus allowing us to replicate the Hero of Twilight look even further.
- Mirror Shield - Though you can replicate this shield's effect thanks to the Zonai Mirrors you can fuse with a shield, it would be nice to have a Mirror Shield from a previous game as a legacy item. Question is, which one? There are like 6 designs we have had in the history of Zelda.
- Engineer's Shield - The shield that Link used in Spirit Tracks at the start of his adventure.
- Shield of Antiquity - Simply put, have it be an alternative version of the Hero's Shield that used to be dropped from the Wind Waker Amiibo. I personally would have it be an item that could be found in a whirlpool cave in the waters of the Necluda Sea added in with a DLC.
- Wooden Shield / Banded Shield / Braced Shield - I honestly find it strange that these weren't added as an homage to Skyward Sword as shields that could be found both in the islands in the sky and as items scattered around fallen island debris. If any DLC shields should be added, I think the Skyward Sword wooden shields would make for a nice addition to the roster; especially since they would level up alongside the player in the save file. So as they progress further in the game, they can find Banded and finally the Braced Shields.
- Iron Shield / Reinforced Shield / Fortified Shield - Ditto but with the Skyward Sword Iron Shield lineup of upgrades. Stronger than the Wooden Shield counterpart but susceptible to lightning.
- Sacred Shield / Divine Shield / Goddess Shield - Ditto. However, unlike with this lineup of shields from Skyward Sword where they mended themselves over time; I think that it would be fitting to have these shields only have a single property from that game carry over to TotK. When the shield is raised against Stal enemies (with the exception of the Stalnox), it will make them cower away from you and keep their distance. An especially useful item to have on hand when roaming around at night or exploring the depths wanting to be undisturbed by the annoying bones.
- Shade's Guard - Again, if Nintendo were to add in the Hero's Shade armor set; it would only be fitting to add in the shield used by the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess as a bonus to complete the look.
- Shield of the Knave - The default shield from Hyrule Warriors would make for a descent addition. Especially if players are wanting to replicate the Hyrule Warriors' depiction of Link if Nintendo were to add in the outfit as well.
- Shield of Light - If Nintendo were to add in the White Sword as depicted in Hryule Warriors, I think it would be fitting to have it also be included the shield that Link used when making use of that sword. Have the bonus attribute that whenever you raise the shield, it shines light upon whatever is in front of you; allowing you to illuminate the darkness of the Depths and some caves with ease.
- Shield of Magic - Ditto. However, I believe that this shield should have the bonus effect of actually being able to heal itself. Should the player successfully deflect a magic attack with this shield equipped, it will mend some of its damaged health-pool by 10%; allowing you to fix the shield by simply fighting an elemental enemy.
And there you have it.
Just figured I would share my expectations of what we could see as DLC legacy items coming to Tears of the Kingdom in the coming year and how I would have some of them provide a bonus effect.
submitted by RamboBambiBambo
to zelda [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 19:53 Holmestorm I wrote some code to create retro scanline aesthetic images and gifs!
2023.05.30 17:00 _call-me-al_ [Tue, May 30 2023] TL;DR — This is what you missed in the last 24 hours on Reddit
If you want to receive this as a daily email in your inbox, you can now join at this link French minister threatens to ban Twitter if it doesn’t follow EU rules Comments Link 25 to 32 drones attack Moscow: 2 buildings damaged, people evacuated Comments Link Groundbreaking Israeli cancer treatment has 90% success rate Comments Link At least 16 dead, dozens injured in shootings across the U.S. over Memorial Day weekend
Third nuclear reactor reaches 100% power output at Georgia’s Plant Vogtle
Man with Nazi flag who crashed U-Haul near White House praised Hitler
New DNA testing technology shows majority of Australian dingoes are pure dingoes, not hybrids, challenging the view that dingoes are in decline due to crossbreeding with domestic dogs
Free prescription drugs could reduce overall health-care costs in Canada: study
Researchers have developed a self-administered mobile application that analyzes speech data as an automatic screening tool for the early detection of Alzheimer's disease with 88% to 91% of accuracy
One-third of galaxy's most common planets could be in habitable zone
China will send three astronauts to its Tiangong space station on Tuesday, putting a civilian scientist into space for the first time as Beijing pursues plans to send a manned mission to the Moon by the end of the decade
The United Arab Emirates Is Heading for the Asteroid Belt
Georgia nuclear rebirth arrives 7 years late, $17B over cost. Two nuclear reactors in Georgia were supposed to herald a nuclear power revival in the United States. They’re the first U.S. reactors built from scratch in decades — and maybe the most expensive power plant ever.
Inflation Reduction Act Sparks a Rural Clean Energy Revival. The USDA announced $11 billion in new funding for rural clean energy projects, with part of the program described as “the single largest investment in rural electrification since FDR signed the Rural Electrification Act into law in 1936.”
Japan will try to beam solar power from space by 2025
Whats something attractive people can do, that ugly people cant?
What's an unspoken rule on a first date?
What actor or actress ruins a movie for you?
TIL that the early 2000s Nickelodeon children's show, "LazyTown", was not only filmed in Iceland but also one of the most expensive children's show ever made (each episode cost nearly $1 million to make)
TIL that George Washington only left the present-day United States one time in his life, when he traveled to Barbados with his brother in 1751.
TIL in 2018, a middle school in Dallas organized an event called “Breakfast with Dads,” but saw that not all of the students have fathers or father figures to attend the event with. So, they put up a post on Facebook seeking around 50 volunteers. On the day of the event, 600 men showed up to help.
[OC] Three years of applying to PhD programs
Chart of Mountains & Rivers -- published in 1862 in Johnson’s New Illustrated Family Atlas
[OC] Forbes List of Highest-Earning Musicians: 1987 to 2021
What’s your cooking tax?
Really weird question. But if I use the same amount of ingredients but half the amount of water for a soup, then add back the normal amount of water after cooking, would that be the same if I’d just cooked everything together?
I finally tried using a hand mixer to shred crockpot chicken. Holy crap! It was amazing! Just took a few minutes! Then, in a moment of inspiration, I used a salad spinner, think it’s been used once before in 8 years, to get the extra juice out!
[Homemade] Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich, Garlic Fries, & Kimchi Ranch
[I ate] Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
[Homemade] Spaghetti Carbonara
Raiders of the Lost Ark Is Perfect In Its Simplicity
White Men Can't Jump (2023) .... WTF.
‘The Little Mermaid:’ This 1976 psychedelic live-action film could be the best adaptation to date
Wooded path, paintwithbram, oil, 2023
Sonny, Sasquatchinheat, paint markers, 2023
Untitled, SxDayz me , digital painting,2023
Streaming services are removing tons of movies and shows — it’s not personal, it’s strictly business
‘Scrubs’ — Sam Lloyd’s “Hey Ya”
‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ EP & Director Deborah Chow: “This was conceived as a limited series, it is closed”
Dinner at a homeless shelter (Sioux City, IA)
dinner at a homeless shelter
Please buy new sunblock if you haven't recently. It can expire (pic of when I learned the hard way)
Tomb Of Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses VI In The Valley Of The Kings [Year 12th Century BC]
Funny ass horse trot
I drew this pixel art animation and called it "Artist fire" [OC]
The eggs of the newts form algae underwater on their surface to produce oxygen, as the embryos require a continuous supply of oxygen to survive. Without the formation of algae, the embryos would not receive enough oxygen, which could lead to their death.
This unused casket left outside for trash pickup.
This oddly shaped egg that my chickens laid
This House on Top of A Warehouse in Syracuse, NY
Gorillas make vocalisations to express satisfation when they enjoy their food...they are also in a permanent state of flatulence because their food is almost exclusively fiber(a lot of it)
Iceland, the land where the sun will never set
Japan’s transparent restrooms hope to dispel stereotypes of dirty public toilets
Summer in the UK
Never lose your girlfriend
This is why you always bring your glove
She thinks she’s looking through a window so she keeps going to look for the dinosaurs in the backyard
His One Ear Is Tuned In To His Favorite Words
Our 3.5mth-old puppy meeting our 9yr-old bunny for the first time.
Get this as a daily email!
submitted by _call-me-al_
to RedditTLDR [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 15:27 Ok-Perspective-5691 Live wallpaper
Why the animated / live wallpapers only work on lockscreen? Whether it be a gif or a video, it only is love when i set it for lock screen but on home screen it just looks like a photo, a capture of the image and is not live?
submitted by Ok-Perspective-5691
to samsunggalaxy [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 15:07 monikacherokee [SPOILERS S3] Something is hidden in Dark's time...
- Why do we die? - The dead are never truly dead. Maybe they’re not here, now. But everything that once lived, lives on forever. In the eternity of time.
If there is something that matters in Dark, it is time. But not only because of the trips made through it... There is an aspect related to time that has gone unnoticed and is more important in the story than we might think at first: The time frame in which events take place.
In the narrative, two main periods can be distinguished (without taking into account the years): the week from June 20 to 27 and the week from November 4 to 12. We also have a period of three days in September (21, 22 and 23) and several individual days (it is not possible to determine exactly when some of them happen)
Of these periods, there is one that is special because of the symbology it hides and that can be key in the narrative. We refer to the time in which the first season takes place: November…
https://preview.redd.it/sz2zbe1m703b1.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f0b4d78b4fd0710a64f42ed5556c0a2837f931f8 MIKKEL'S OUTFIT
One of the things that really attracts attention in the first episodes is the skeleton suit that Mikkel is wearing. Taking the dates into account, it is inevitable to associate it with a festivity that has been gaining importance in Germany since the 1990s: Halloween.
In addition, in southern Germany (also in Austria), Catholics extend the celebration from October 30 to November 8. They call it “Seelenwoche”, which means “All Souls Week”. These days serve to remember deceased relatives and attend religious services in honor of the saints.
However, in Dark these celebrations are not explicitly alluded to, despite there being subtle indications, such as: Mikkel's costume, Jana's visit to Mads' grave, or various details throughout the series refering to "ghosts" or the "beyond" (see link)
This omission may not be accidental, but Jantje is using it as a narrative resource called "paralepsis" with which, offering half information, as a clue, she intends to call attention to precisely what is omitted. It is a “relevant omission” with which she subtracts details from the work that are apparently uninteresting and, nevertheless, they constitute indications hiding and revealing at the same time the story to which they refer, configuring the work as an enigma.
To understand the importance of this "relevant omission" regarding the moment in which the first season of Dark takes place, we have to immerse ourselves in the culture from which the symbol of the triqueta comes from, since Halloween has its origins in a Celtic holiday: the Samhain.
https://preview.redd.it/ds1tipyn703b1.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1e5149e58d1f8010914ec7bb7a7f292fefe52343 THE CELTIC EIGHT-FOLD YEAR
Celts did not understand time as a finite line. On the contrary, in their understanding of the Universe, it was considered as an infinite cyclical process. Celtic time is conceived as a circular path that always returns to the same position.
In the past, Celtic communities only observed two seasons: summer and winter (light and dark, life and death). Their year was divided around four lunar festivities that celebrated agricultural and livestock cycles: "Imbolc", "Bealtaine", "Samhain" and “Lughnasa”. There were also four solar festivities corresponding to the equinoxes (spring - "Ostara" and autumn - "Mabon") and the solstices (summer - "Litah" and winter - "Yule"), although these were of lesser importance.
The lunar festivities are also known as "cross-quarter day" as they are located at the midpoint between the equinoxes and the solstices. In this way, the eight festivities mentioned above (known as "Sabbats") mark the astronomical milestones of the Earth's orbit around the Sun.
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the descent of the herds to winter pastures. It marks the start of the "Celtic New Year", separating the "light half" from the "dark half" of the year.
Currently, it is usually celebrated on November 1, although, according to some sources, formerly it lasted nine days, divided into three blocks of three days each and in the center of all of them the day of Samhain. In addition, it would not coincide with a specific date because it was celebrated on the new moon closest to the astronomical midpoint between the autumnal equinox and the winter solstice. Earth reaches this midpoint on November 8.
Samhain is believed to have been the pagan Celtic festival of the dead, and over time Samhain and All Saints' Day influenced each other and eventually syncretized into the modern Halloween.
The origins of the celebration date back to the Celtic peoples who inhabited pre-Christian Ireland over 2,000 years ago, and it is associated with many important events in Irish mythology. In the earliest literary records of the holiday, Samhain was characterized by large gatherings and parties and was the time when the ancient burial mounds, which were considered portals to the “Otherworld”, were opened. Some accounts suggest that on Samhain bonfires were made and offerings or sacrifices were made.
Samhain was a liminal or threshold festival, in which, according to Irish mythology, the border between this world and the other was diluted, which meant that supernatural beings such as spirits or fairies, called "Aes Side" (considered by scholars, remnants of pagan gods and nature spirits) could more easily enter our world through portals opened to the "Otherworld".
But also the souls of the dead relatives returned to visit their homes, just as those of the deceased during that year traveled to the "Otherworld" during that night when the veil between the present, the past and the future disappeared.
With the name of "Otherworld" ("Orbis Alia") reference is made in Celtic mythology to the fairy world that coexists with that of human beings. It has been interpreted as an expansive world with numerous domains and kingdoms within it, and is home to many beings (gods, fairies and spirits of all kinds, along with the souls of the dead)
In the Irish mind-set, the "Otherworld" is neither Hell nor Heaven in the sense in which we now consider it. Rather this "Paradise" is a land of eternal youth and bounty, and a place accessible, with difficulty, to the living.
Many of the ancient tales tell of humans gaining access to the "Otherworld". Sometimes they were invited or summoned there by some god or spirit, sometimes they were kidnapped by one of the Otherworlders, and some people entered the "Otherworld" of their own accord during those times of the year when the walls between their world and "Otherworld" were lowered (as during Samhain and Beltane)
The portals to the "Other World" were found in nature and they used to be in caves or at the base of hills, on cliffs... It is also believed that the patches of mist could have some opening to the "Otherworld" within them.
One of the best-known portals is the Oweynagat cave (known as the "Gate to Hell"), near Rathcroghan (Cruachan), the oldest Celtic archaeological complex where the first legends related to Samhain are located. What's more, many people believe that this "Gate to Hell" could be the place where Samhain originated. The entrance to the Oweynagat cave
The "Otherworld" is sometimes located under the burial mounds, dolmens and other megalithic monuments. Thus, we have the "Sídhe": underground worlds located under mounds of earth or ruins that serve as a refuge for fairies. In this way, stories circulate throughout Ireland about Knocks (from the Irish "Cnoc", meaning "hollow hill") inside which live extensive fairy communities ruled by a king or queen.
In many Old Irish manuscripts, the "Otherworld" is located beyond the Western Sea.
One of the great treasures of the Irish "Otherworld" was a ship that moved across the sea under the power of its pilot's thoughts. This mythological object was called "Ocean Sweeper" (Aigean Scuabadoir) and was brought from the "Otherworld" by the heroic Lugh, later becoming the property of the ocean god Manannan Mac Lir (first ancestor of the human race and god of the dead). He was responsible for transporting the dead heroes to "Tir Tairnigiri" (The Promised Land), where they would find their final resting place in the "Otherworld" located somewhere in the West.
Likewise, according to Gallic myths, once the souls had left their bodies, they went to the northwestern coast of Gaul and there they embarked towards ancient Britain. When they wanted to cross the sea, the souls went to the houses of the sailors, at whose doors they knocked insistently and desperately. The sailors then left their homes and took the dead to their destination in ghostly ships.
Apples and hazelnuts played an especially important role for the first Celts, which is why they were considered foods from the "Other World". The apple symbolized life and immortality, it was the talisman that allowed access to the "Otherworld" and gave the power to predict the future.
In Celtic mythology, the apple tree is the quintessential "Otherworld" tree. It is believed that an apple tree grows in its center whose fruit has magical properties.
Additionally, apples serve as a graceful food offering that helps spirits travel safely as they pass through the veil between the mundane realms.
For the Celts, trees were of great importance, but the most sacred of all was the oak, which represented the "Axis Mundi". The oak was a symbol of connection to the spiritual world, its roots piercing the subterranean realms of the "Otherworld" while its branches reached the heavens.
The oaks also provided an important food: Acorns. The acorn, being a seed, contains both the memory of those that have passed and the promise of those to come, symbolizing the cycle of life and the seasons. They were considered a symbol of growth related to life, representing longevity, immortality, rebirth...
https://preview.redd.it/h4djcpn9803b1.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=80acfe70585a47d2da3da7a81626787bd7882802 ...AND BIRDS
Birds are a powerful force in Celtic mythology, often symbolizing the flight of spirits or the guiding for souls in their transit to the "Otherworld."
The Celts thought that birds were the reincarnation of the souls of the dead, so they could be messengers from the "Other World".
The female characters, especially the witches, are very often associated with birds.
THE SYMBOLS IN “DARK”
Next we are going to detail the existing analogies between this Celtic mythology and the story of Dark:
- The title of the series is related to the moment in which it begins: Samhain, the entry into the "dark time" of the year.
- Characters travel to "another world" through a cave.
-When Mikkel enters the cave, he does so guided by a Jonas who comes from another time.
- Mads, Erik and Yasin are kidnapped by a Helge who comes from another time.
- The members of “Sic Mundus” live underground, under the orders of Adam. After, their lair is in the ruins of the nuclear power plant (Remembering the "Cnocs")
- The "sacrifice" is mentioned by several characters.
- We can see apples in many places: it appears in the intro of the series, on the wallpaper in the bunker, with Noah on several occasions, in various fruit bowls (at Ines Kahnwald's 1986 house, at Egon's 1953 house, at Bernard Doppler's house, at Adam's lair, at Alt-Martha's house, at the attic room of the Tannhaus factory…)
- Acorns and birds are also very present elements in the narrative.
EPILOGUE - Death and astronomical events
Curiously, although it is not mentioned in the series, three astronomical events take place during the story: the summer solstice (June 21), the autumnal equinox (September 23) and the last "quarter-crossing" (November 8)... Three of the " Sabbat” of the Celtic year…
June 27 is also a special date as it is the day the sun sets the latest.
All these dates are important in Dark: Mikkel's death takes place on June 21 and Katharina's death on September 23. The Apocalypse happens on June 27 in Adam's world and on November 8 in Eva's world.
Finally, all the characters in both worlds “vanish” on November 8, the day Sonja, Marek and Charlotte should have died. Exactly the "quarter-crossing" day of Samhain... https://preview.redd.it/tijpcsnc903b1.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=59ee9fa2f719d4c298ca4667dec6a77d71ce79d9
So, it is inevitable to reach this point without asking the question... Could we understand the story of Dark from a supernatural perspective? Are the worlds of Adam and Eve the "Otherworld" of the origin world? Would Jonas and Martha be "angels" as Marek says? "Why do we die?..."
submitted by monikacherokee
to DarK [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 12:19 etruongs7 Dreamt that 4chan added a new board /hyp/ for discussion about Eric André, but you had to include the word "playing" in your post otherwise the post would be removed and you'd get ip banned from the entire website
2023.05.30 10:14 a1paintingdecorating Transform Your Space with Professional Commercial Painting Services
| || | submitted by a1paintingdecorating to u/a1paintingdecorating [link] [comments]
A1 Painting & Decorating is a leading commercial painting
company based in Sydney, specializing in providing high-quality painting services for both residential and commercial properties. With a team of experienced house painters in Sydney, we are dedicated to transforming your space with a fresh coat of paint that enhances its aesthetic appeal.
Our skilled residential painters in Sydney
are trained to deliver exceptional results, paying attention to detail and using premium quality materials to ensure a flawless finish. Whether you need to revitalize your home's interiors or exteriors, our painters have the expertise to handle projects of all sizes, from single rooms to entire houses.
2023.05.30 08:41 united_masonry Common Chimney Problems in Medford and How to Fix Them
| || | submitted by united_masonry to u/united_masonry [link] [comments]
Welcome to United Masonry and Construction's guide on common chimney problems in Medford
and how to fix them. As experienced professionals in the field, we understand the importance of a well-maintained chimney for both the safety and functionality of your home.
In this article, we will discuss the most common issues homeowners face with their chimneys and provide practical solutions to address these problems effectively. Whether you're dealing with a chimney leak, draft issues, or structural concerns, we've got you covered.
Chimney Leaks: Identifying and Resolving the Issue
One of the most common problems homeowners face with their chimneys is leaks. Water infiltration can cause significant damage to both the interior and exterior of the chimney. To identify a chimney leak, look for signs such as water stains on the ceiling, peeling wallpaper, or a musty smell in the vicinity.
To fix a chimney leak, start by inspecting the chimney cap, flashing, and masonry joints for any signs of damage or deterioration. Replace or repair damaged components and ensure a watertight seal. Applying a waterproofing sealant to the exterior of the chimney can also provide an additional layer of protection against moisture.
Creosote Buildup: Preventing Fire Hazards
Creosote buildup is a common issue in chimneys that use wood-burning appliances. This sticky, flammable substance accumulates on the chimney walls over time and poses a significant fire hazard. To prevent creosote buildup, it's crucial to have your chimney regularly cleaned and inspected by a professional chimney sweep.
During a chimney cleaning, the sweep will remove the creosote deposits using specialized tools and brushes. They will also check for any obstructions or structural issues that may hinder proper ventilation. Regular maintenance and cleaning will ensure your chimney operates safely and efficiently.
Draft Problems: Ensuring Optimal Performance
Draft problems can cause smoke to back up into your home instead of exiting through the chimney. This can result in poor indoor air quality and an unpleasant living environment. Draft issues are often caused by chimney height, insufficient flue size, or obstructions in the flue. Chimney Repairs
To address draft problems, consider installing a draft inducer or a chimney cap with a built-in draft-increasing mechanism. These devices help enhance airflow and improve draft efficiency. Additionally, make sure your chimney flue is properly sized to accommodate the appliances it serves.
Masonry Damage: Repairing Cracked Chimneys
Over time, masonry chimneys can develop cracks and other forms of damage due to exposure to weather elements. Cracked masonry not only compromises the structural integrity of the chimney but also allows water to penetrate, leading to further deterioration.
To fix cracked chimneys, it's essential to enlist the services of a professional masonry contractor. They will assess the extent of the damage and employ suitable repair techniques, such as tuckpointing or chimney rebuilding. Repairing masonry damage promptly will help prevent more severe issues down the line.
Chimney Cap Issues: Keeping Out Unwanted Guests
A chimney cap serves as a protective barrier against animals, debris, and water intrusion. However, chimney caps can become damaged or dislodged over time, allowing unwanted guests such as birds, squirrels, or raccoons to enter your chimney.
Inspect your chimney cap regularly and ensure it is securely in place. If you notice any damage, replace the cap promptly to prevent animals from nesting or debris from obstructing the chimney. A well-functioning chimney cap will help maintain proper ventilation and prevent animal-related issues.
Chimney Crown Problems: Protecting Your Chimney
The chimney crown is the concrete or masonry top surface that covers the chimney. It plays a crucial role in protecting the chimney structure from water infiltration. However, chimney crowns can crack or deteriorate over time, allowing water to seep into the chimney and cause damage.
To fix chimney crown problems, a professional chimney contractor can inspect the crown for any cracks or deterioration. They will apply a waterproof sealant or perform crown rebuilding if necessary. Maintaining a sound chimney crown is essential for preserving the longevity and integrity of your chimney.
Flue Obstructions: Clearing the Way
Flue obstructions, such as bird nests or debris, can hinder proper airflow and lead to inefficient chimney performance. Additionally, obstructions increase the risk of carbon monoxide entering your home.
If you suspect a flue obstruction, it's crucial to address the issue promptly. Contact a professional chimney sweep to remove the obstruction safely. They will also inspect the flue liner for any damage and make the necessary repairs.
Damper Dysfunction: Regulating Airflow
The damper is a device located above the firebox that controls the airflow in your chimney. Damper dysfunction can result in difficulty starting or extinguishing fires and poor draft performance.
To fix damper issues, it's best to consult a professional chimney technician. They will assess the condition of the damper and recommend repair or replacement if needed. A properly functioning damper ensures efficient ventilation and enhances your overall fireplace experience.
Smoky Fireplaces: Improving Efficiency
If you're experiencing a smoky fireplace, it can be an indication of an underlying problem with your chimney. Factors such as a blocked chimney cap, an improperly sized flue, or excessive creosote buildup can contribute to smoky fires. Chimney Repair Services
To improve the efficiency of your fireplace and reduce smoke issues, have your chimney inspected by a professional. They will identify the root cause of the problem and implement the necessary solutions, such as cleaning, repairs, or flue adjustments.
Chimney Settling: Addressing Structural Concerns
Chimney settling occurs when the chimney foundation sinks or shifts, potentially leading to structural instability. Signs of chimney settling include cracks in the chimney exterior or interior, leaning chimneys, or separated chimney from the house.
If you notice any signs of chimney settling, it's crucial to consult a professional masonry contractor immediately. They will assess the extent of the settling and recommend appropriate repair methods, such as underpinning or foundation stabilization. Addressing chimney settling promptly is vital to avoid further structural damage.
Chimney Waterproofing: Preventing Water Damage
Water is one of the biggest culprits of chimney damage. Waterproofing your chimney is a proactive measure to protect it from water infiltration and subsequent deterioration.
To waterproof your chimney, a professional chimney contractor will apply a specialized waterproofing sealant to the exterior masonry. This sealant creates a protective barrier against moisture while still allowing the chimney to breathe. Regularly maintaining the waterproofing sealant will ensure long-lasting protection for your chimney.
Chimney Sweeping: Regular Maintenance for Longevity
Regular chimney sweeping is essential for maintaining optimal performance and extending the lifespan of your chimney. Over time, soot, creosote, and debris accumulate in the flue, posing fire hazards and obstructing airflow.
Hiring a professional chimney sweep to clean your chimney annually or as recommended by experts will remove dangerous deposits and ensure proper ventilation. Regular chimney maintenance significantly reduces the risk of chimney-related problems and enhances safety.
Chimney Odor: Eliminating Unpleasant Smells
Unpleasant odors emanating from your chimney can make your home uncomfortable. These odors can be caused by creosote buildup, moisture issues, animal infestations, or other factors.
To eliminate chimney odors, start by having your chimney professionally cleaned to remove any creosote or debris contributing to the smell. Additionally, address any moisture-related issues by inspecting the chimney for leaks and ensuring proper ventilation. If animal infestation is suspected, consult a professional to remove the animals and seal any entry points.
Chimney Inspections: Professional Assessments
Regular chimney inspections are crucial for identifying and addressing potential issues before they become major problems. A professional chimney inspection includes a thorough assessment of the chimney's interior and exterior, checking for any signs of damage, blockages, or safety concerns.
By scheduling regular chimney inspections, you can stay proactive in maintaining your chimney's condition and address any emerging problems promptly. This preventive approach will save you time, money, and potential headaches in the long run.
Chimney Restoration: Restoring Functionality and Aesthetics
If your chimney has suffered extensive damage or is showing signs of aging, chimney restoration can breathe new life into it. Chimney restoration involves repairing, rebuilding, or enhancing various components of the chimney, ensuring both its functionality and aesthetics.
Contact a professional chimney restoration company to assess the condition of your chimney and provide expert recommendations for restoration. Whether it's repointing the mortar joints, replacing damaged bricks, or installing a new chimney cap, restoration services will revitalize your chimney's appearance and performance.
United Masonry and Construction hopes that this comprehensive guide on common chimney problems in Medford
and their solutions has been informative and helpful. Regular maintenance, prompt repairs, and professional inspections are key to ensuring the longevity and safety of your chimney. Remember, it's always best to consult a qualified chimney professional for any chimney-related concerns to guarantee the best results.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1: How often should I have my chimney inspected?
We recommend having your chimney professionally inspected at least once a year. This will help identify any potential issues and address them before they worsen.
2: Can I clean my chimney myself?
While some chimney maintenance tasks can be performed by homeowners, such as removing debris from the chimney cap, it is best to leave chimney cleaning to the professionals. A certified chimney sweep has the expertise and specialized tools to clean your chimney thoroughly and safely.
3: How long does chimney restoration take?
The duration of chimney restoration varies depending on the extent of the damage and the scope of work required. It can range from a few days to several weeks. A professional chimney restoration company will provide you with a timeline based on your specific needs.4: Can I use my fireplace if there is a chimney leak?
It is not recommended to use your fireplace if there is a chimney leak. The water can damage the interior components of your fireplace and pose safety risks. Address the leak promptly before using your fireplace again.
Q5: What is the purpose of a chimney cap?
A chimney cap serves multiple purposes, including keeping out animals, preventing debris from entering the chimney, and reducing water infiltration. It also helps improve draft efficiency by creating a barrier against downdrafts.
2023.05.30 05:11 Nostradamus216 The Miami Heat Twitter account takes aim at Bill Simmons with a Halloween GIF.
2023.05.30 04:41 Longjumping-Berry282 A new YouTuber needs your help. Suggestions are welcome.
I want to make a channel with a mix of my native language and English, but I don't have confidence when I speak on the mic. I make fillers, which ruin everything for now. The only thing coming to mind is to talk to Starngers on Omgele. I get a ski mask to hide my face and a cool mic, but my background is sh*t. I need recommendations to make it better so strangers won't skip me. Maybe for a while I will make omegle content for months until I get better
Inshort: How to make my background aesthetic I'm open to adding wallpaper and RGB lights, but what are the good options available? I live in a rented apartment, so please suggest something that doesn't require making a hole in the wall.
submitted by Longjumping-Berry282
to NewTubers [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:42 Ed_Derick_ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story review. Boy, that escalated quickly
Wow this was cool. At first I was kinda bored and confused with the plot, but then I got engaged into it, and god damn the 3rd act is miles better than the first two. At start I was like "Man this is probably gonna be 6/10 for me" but then things started to escalate, freaking VADER showed up, things just kept getting better and better, action sequences kept getting bigger, Nostalgia starting hitting (Nostalgia for a couple of movies I watched like a month ago, nonsense, I know) , VADER SHOWED UP AGAIN! And the movie ends with the perfect cliff hanger, literally seconds away from the opening of A New Hope. Now I think it is a 9/10.
I loved the care with making everything accurate, like the aesthetics, the suits, the ships, the aliens, the sound effects, it's clear this was all made with love for the OT. It doesn't feel like something new, it feels like "Star Wars RTX ON", except for the cgi for Tarkin and Leia. Yeah... they were rough, specially Tarkin which was extremely distracting, it's a shame we didn't had deepfake tech back then. Anyway.
The characters weren't that engaging for me? They were OKAY, just your classic band of rebels. K was cool, and all his jokes landed for me, the blind guy was nice tho the "The force is with me I'm one with the Force" thing gets kinda repetitive when the guy says it constantly. I think it would be better to have him say it at the beginning of the movie like once or twice, so his friend can say it again when he dies. Just my personal taste. Also I found it weird how his friend just accepted his death, I'm pretty sure he could just run away from the granade and make it, guess he had nothing left to live for.
I felt bad when the pilot died, dude basically is the reason this whole operation worked, and he got mind-fucked by that freaky octopus thing and still managed to keep it together throughout the movie. What a hero.
I REALLY liked the cinematography, there are some amazing shots here. I already knew this director, Gareth Edwards, from Godzilla 2014 (I'm a huge Monsterverse fan in case you didn't know) so I was already expecting good cinematography, specially uncut, long take shots. Oh and the effects of the ships traveling at light speed were so good, they have that "cartoony" feel of the OT but somehow they still look cool with modern cgi. I loved the shots used to convey the size of the Star Destroyers, and the size of the Death Star. I feel like Gareth used what he learned in Godzilla, how to show the scale of something massive. Man, the Death Star causing an eclipse was like... a work of art. Wallpaper worthy. It's almost like the Death Star is a character as well.
I liked the villain played by Ben Mendelsohn, fun to watch, guy always nails it when it comes to bad guys. I liked the score as well, I just found it weird how it teases us with "The Force theme", from when Luke is looking at the Tatooine sunset. It's like trying to sneeze here, you can tell it's coming but then it just doesn't come out. Weird decision. Guess they wanted to make something recognizable but original at the same time. Imperial March is always a welcome surprise.
I got one question about the "lore" of it all though, about Saw Gerrera. How can he be against the Empire, but against the Rebellion at the same time? What?? Is there a Rebellion 2.0 that disagrees with the first one?
Anyway, the scene at the end with Vader jus tearing through those soldiers was amazing, genuinely made me feel scared for the guys, so freaking cool. And I can't stress how enough how much I like when one movie leads DIRECTLY into another. No severe time jump, just minutes or hours away. Also I almost got emotional when I noticed the aesthetics of the ship were getting more and more similar to how it is in A New Hope.
submitted by Ed_Derick_
to StarWars [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:54 Carl-Metaltaku [Windows PC ][2005 -2007.] First person shooter
A game I vaguely remember. You are in a place that looks like hell, and you jump from stone platform to stone platform, avoiding the lava floor. Your goal is to reach the end and enter a cave entrance to continue your journey through hell. You have a weapon that resembles an M16. When you fall into the lava, the perspective changes from first person to third person, and you see your character die. In some instances, the character makes strange sounds that resemble an orgasm and lies down on the lava, which is one of the reasons why I think it may be a mod or a low-quality game. When you return to the menu or game over screen, you see a skull gif at the top, with fire coming out of its mouth, accompanied by metal-like music. This game was played by my big brother sometime between 2005 and 2007.
Like in the titel from memory it looks like a Gold Source
game and may be a mod. Any help to track this game is welcome
submitted by Carl-Metaltaku
to tipofmyjoystick [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 14:57 lyubitza13 [Thank You] 🌸
These are very belated thank yous so I’m really sorry! u/ChasingAfterShadows
(x2) - thank you so much for the silly Squid Games card, I love it, as well as the Champs-Elysées one! I chose The Treachery of Images by René Magritte because it really is not a pipe - it’s a painting of a pipe! haha u/Mysteryvus
- thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card and merry (very) belated Christmas! My fav Christmas memory is also playing ps1 in the morning, surrounded by presents haha u/nirelleth
- thank you so much for the Wetterhorn card, I enjoyed learning about it :) I’ve been to mount Rigi so I’d love to visit here too! u/reindeerfrog
- thank you so much for the Epcot card! I looove theme parks, even tho I unfortunately only visited one which is Prater in Vienna (but I guess this is more of an amusement park than a theme one lol). Me and my bf went to Europa Park a month ago, it was so much fun! u/rocknAzDeb
- thank you so much for the optical illusion card, it’s so cool! u/not_napoleon
- thank you so much for the card and happy belated World Postcard Day! u/theethrowawaynumber8
- thank you so much for the Hershey Gardens card! u/sebisrude
- thank you so much for such an adorable cat card, I love it! u/GreenEggsandCongee
- thank you so much for the Singapore Flags of the World card! u/SatanekoChan
- thank you so much for the adorable Tea Party card and the washi tape! I love the pastels aesthetic too, as well as Y2K :) u/Bree867
- thank you so much for sooo many cards! Halloween, Fall, World Postcard Day, etc! I hope you’ve had an amazing time on all of these days :) u/CapnCobbler
- thank you so much for the Stay Happy card! It’s so wacky, I love it!! u/ImOkReally
- thank you so much for the Pinocchio postcard! u/lacuntessa
(x4) - thank you so much for the Yosemite, Canyonlands and Acadia National Park cards, as well as the Field Museum Chicago one! I am a big fan of egyptology :) u/vaughnquiqui
- thank you so much for the Yosemite National Park postcard! I hope you had a great time at the Minnesota State fair :) u/austsianodel
- thank you so much for the Jerboa postcard! They are super cute and I love watching documentaries about them :) u/littlemermaidXX
- thank you so much for the Take it Tea-sy postcard! Best wishes to you and your cat :) u/organicalmondmilk
- thank you so much for the adorable Golden Retriever pups card! All the best :) u/Internet_Creep_SM
- thank you so much for the Froot Loops card! I had no idea that some of the original ingredients are actually banned in Europe, that’s very sus lol u/melhen16
- thank you so much for the Thank you card and I hope you had an awesome 50th birthday! u/HermitCreature
- thank you so much for the ostrich postcard! I hope you and your bunnies are doing well :) u/nuliajuk
- thank you so much for the beautiful Malaysia postcard! u/AtTheCodfishBall
- thank you so much for the Howzat postcard! I’m adding the book you recommended to my list and I also heard that In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado is a very good book! :) u/Frolickingfinns4ever
- thank you so much for the card and cute stationery items! I enjoyed your story about adopting your dog and I hope you are all well! :) u/germymany
- thank you so much for the Pantone postcard, I love the color! u/batcaved
- thank you so much for the Confucius card! Your handwriting is the prettiest I’ve ever seen 🌸 u/MelodicEntertainer
- thank you so much for the Niagara Falls postcard! u/cherrycards
- thank you so much for the Claude Monet postcard and cute stickers! I’m glad you were enjoying reading ‘Bunny’. I haven’t read The Kite Runner yet but it’s on my list! I have tons of book recs that I’d love to share with you if you’re interested 💕 u/wabisabi_sf
- thank you so much for the Greyhound postcard! I have a Pomeranian named Gigi :) it’s so cool that you volunteer at a rescue center, that’s a dream job u/Noonabae
- thank you so much for the Howl’s Moving Castle postcard and stickers! That’s my fav Ghibli movie too! u/Tsukino_Hana
- thank you so much for such a lovely card! 💕
Thank you MyPicturePostcards for the Walt Disney Word Village card!
And a big thank you to the person who didn’t sign their username but sent me a postcard of the Whiteface Mountain! :)
submitted by lyubitza13
to RandomActsofCards [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 09:15 Qrow-Branwen89 Lappland is the best I can't escape her
(I mark this as spoiler because of things in the Il Siracusano event)
I downloaded the game because of Lappland 3 years ago and she has been living rent free in my head since I pulled her
I'm down bad atrocious for this woman and I can't figure out why.
I pretty much never go full monke brain for any character of any game or anime, and I'm a massive weeb, but bro, Lappland has me by the leash, I can't escape her, I have her as my phone and PC wallpaper, I take her on any mission the game will let me use her
She was already the perfect aesthetic for me, but with the Il Siracusano event I've fallen even harder for her.
Her personality, intelligence and character development had me on my knees the entire event, I rarely even bother to read Arknights, I know the story is super good but there is too much text and I don't have the time, I just watch Lore videos later or check the wiki.
I tried however to read this event just because of Lappland and it was the best thing ever, not only because of her but other characters as well, but yeah, Lappers was the best part of it.
When she went to Texas to give her a chocolate IN PRISON and then it turned out it was THE ONE SHE HATED, that was way too funny I was like "Please god turn me into an Arknights character and let me marry this woman"
Then TWICE she went to her father by MURDERING EVERYONE in the Saluzzo HQ John Wick style. You would figure they would just let her go through the second time, but no, she had to kill everyone AGAIN, like how many people does Alberto need to hire on a weekly basis????
And at the end she first beats Texas and then went to the wilderness to absolutely destroy Zaaro, bullying a DEMIGOD into submission like this woman is so fking HOT bro.
Also I really enjoyed her story and animations since it was exactly how I envisioned her since the beginning, like, having proper formal training and education but then cranked up the INSANE to 11, in the sense that even through her crazy fighting style and choices you can notice the traces of a ton of training and education, like there is a method to her madness.
And speaking of her madness, I don't think she is as insane as we talk about her, she grew up exactly as she was supposed to under Alberto's tutelage. It was Alberto who made mistakes in raising her, but like, she's the natural outcome of that kind of environment and education. She's super smart and strong.
I just wanted to vent my Lappdumb addiction since I now desire to be demolished by her massive truck.
submitted by Qrow-Branwen89
to 0sanitymemes [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 06:00 kuffyarmstrong Build a PC for player 2 with microcenter - $1500-2000
What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.
- She will use PC for gaming mostly and some productivity work. 1440p+
What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?
- $1500-2000, Preferably closer to $1500 but I tried creating a build and it was $2000 + California Tax so...maybe you can do better
When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.
- Sometime this week, maybe next week
What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (ToweOS/monitokeyboard/mouse/etc)
Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?
- California, USA . Yes to MC.
If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.
- Keyboard + Mouse, she needs monitor but she will buy on her own. She's thinking of 32-34" UW
Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?
Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)
- SSD + 011 mini case + NZXT screen AIO + lian li v2 fans + PSU & GPU strimer
What type of network connectivity do you need? (Wired and/or WiFi) If WiFi is needed and you would like to find the fastest match for your wireless router, please list any specifics.
- WiFi - Prefer Mobo with included WiFi but don't mind buying card as well.
Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-towefull-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
- Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mini Black - lots of RGB
Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?
Extra info or particulars:
- I recently built a PC and she fell in love with it and basically stole it from me, so building her one as well. Tried building something similar to mine but MC cost was about $2k + tax due to aesthetics. Can you do better? I'm aware its hard to be under budget spending $500+ on aesthetics (NZXT gif AIO + Lian Li v2 fans + PSU strimer + GPU strimer)
I was thinking of ASRock 6800xt for GPU but open to suggestions in build, first PC for her so she don't lean blue or red. Thank you.
edit* some words
submitted by kuffyarmstrong
to buildapcforme [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:31 Particular_Bee1723 FaZe Clan Wallpaper but it's Y2K Aesthetic
submitted by Particular_Bee1723 to FaZe [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 03:34 rayanyago Billie Eilish-related wallpaper.
This wallpaper features a background with a combination of dark and neon colors, which are often associated with Billie Eilish's aesthetic and style. The background can be a gradient from dark blue to purple, with a subtle layered texture. In the foreground, there are abstract illustrations inspired by the lyrics of her songs, such as stylized musical notes, stylized lyrics, or drawings related to her most popular songs, like eyes or snakes.
To add a touch of personality and individuality, you can include elements related to Billie Eilish's quirks. For example, you can add small silhouettes of her unique sunglasses, accessories she frequently wears, or subtle details that are characteristic of her style.
submitted by rayanyago
to WallpaperRequests [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 00:56 chatsifieds Delete immediately: Urgent warning over 19 Android apps downloaded by millions - Your IT and Tech Mates Scam Alert.
| || |Delete immediately: Urgent warning over 19 Android apps downloaded by millions - Your IT and Tech Mates Scam Alert. submitted by chatsifieds to chatsifieds [link] [comments]
Android users are being warned to delete 19 apps containing malware that can steal sensitive personal information and register devices for premium services without consent. Joker spyware gathers contact lists and SMS messages, while Harly Trojan has been designed to monetise infections by subscribing users to premium services. Autolycos Malware has already been downloaded more than three million times, according to PCrisk. Malware experts at Kaspersky said the code behind the trojan used China Telecom's code, indicating the malware developers could be located in that country.
Secure Your Peace of Mind: Get 24/7 Cyber Security Protection Starting at Just $11/Month per Device!
Free 24/7 Online Business IT Support and IT Helpdesk For Small Businesses In Australia - https://youritmates.com/helpdesk/
Delete immediately: Urgent warning over 19 Android apps downloaded by millions - Your IT and Tech Mates Scam Alert.
2023.05.28 23:41 Holmestorm I wrote some code to give a retro scanline aesthetic to images/gifs - thought it looked cool with ol' Ripley here
2023.05.28 20:39 fluffy_flipflop1604 never seen this before- is this just cus they’re aren’t many decorations around?