Home depot exterior wall lights
2015.01.03 10:33 charliestewart homeservice Links
Home Improvement refers to the activities involving modification of the visible features of home. It is done depending upon the theme chosen. The essentials involved in improving the interior as well as the exterior of the home includes: wall colors, show pieces, painting, arrangement of furniture.
2016.07.19 23:07 CunningLogic the *real* jelbrek soob
/jelbrek is hottest latest fastest new subreddit for iOS jelbreks. Staffed by established and well known exploit authors, you can expect nothin but best from us. No fakrs allowed.
2017.03.28 04:33 td css
“I’m confident that Reddit could sway elections. We wouldn’t do it, of course. And I don’t know how many times we could get away with it. But, if we really wanted to, I’m sure Reddit could have swayed at least this election, this once.” - Reddit CEO
2023.04.01 00:55 sahil_parakh30 [Store] Diretide 2022/Aghanim's/Nemestice/TI10/TI9/TI8/TI7 Collector's Caches Sets
200+/1000$ Gift Trades in 5 years
Made a google doc because the list is long
My Steam Rep: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WEgt1Kjaf8PbkinQ0opU41fysTwYC0xMgX_kjDOgldg/edit?usp=sharing
YOUR FAVOURITE SELLER IS BACK FOR 5TH YEAR IN A ROW. CHECK MY REP THREAD
CACHE Price Increases as I stock out & Reservation is Compulsory
Want items worth listed Amount or items (1.2x - STEAM TAX). I will not go first. The link to add me :LINK to ADD ME
Diretide Collectors Cache-2 2022
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Sublime Equilibrium (Void Spirit) ||2 ||35$ or Items ||Very Rare Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Reserved Last Left |
|Brands of the Reaper (Anti Mage) ||5 ||10$ or Items ||Rare Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Grudges of the Gallows Tree (Treant) ||6 ||15$ or Items ||Rare Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||Four Sold |
|War Rig Eradicators (Techies) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Sacred Chamber Guardian (Huskar) ||5 ||4$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|Acrimonies of Obsession (Vengeful Spirit) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Freeboot Fortunes (Ogre Magi) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Withering Pain (Clinkz) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|Darkfeather Factioneer (Phantom Assassin) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Feasts of Forever (Night Stalker) ||5 ||4 or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||Two Sold |
|Cursed Cryptbreaker (Pudge) ||5 ||4$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|Dawn of Darkness Foretold (Doom) ||5 ||4$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|The Wilding Tiger (Brewmaster) ||5 ||4$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|Transcendent Path (Oracle) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Darkbrew´s Transgression (Alchemist) ||5 ||4$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|Grand Suppressor (Silencer) ||5 ||3.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||None |
|Bird of Prey (Legion Commander) ||5 ||4.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache 2 ||One Sold |
Diretide Collectors Cache 2022
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
| |Dark Behemoth (Primal Beast | |2 | |25 | |Very Rare Direteide Collectors Cache | |Sold Out
|Angel of Vex (Invoker ||3 ||15$ or Items ||Rare Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Reserved Two Left |
|Blue Horizons(Marci) ||4 ||11$ or Items ||Rare Direteide Collectors Cache ||None |
|Shadowleaf Insurgent (Hoodwink) ||3 ||7$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Scarlet Subversion (Riki) ||3 ||8.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||Two Sold Last Left |
|WhipperSnapper (Snap Fire) ||3 ||7$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Hounds of Obsession (Chen) ||3 ||4$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Seadog's Stash (Clockwerk) ||3 ||6$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Starlorn Adjudicator (Dawn Breaker) ||3 ||6$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
| |Spoils of the Shadowveil (Spectre) | |3 | |$8 | |Direteide Collectors Cache | |Sold OUT
|Chines of the Inquisitor (Faceless Void) ||3 ||4.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||None |
|Trophies of the hallowed hunt (Ursa) ||3 ||5.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Crimson Dawn (Phoenix) ||3 ||5.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Forgotten Station (Terrorblade) ||3 ||4.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||None |
|Dirge Amplifier (Undying) ||3 ||5.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Champions of the Fire Lotus (Monkey King) ||3 ||5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
|Deathstitch Shaman (Witch Doctor) ||3 ||5.5$ or Items ||Direteide Collectors Cache ||One Sold |
Aghanim's Continuum Cache 2021 / Ti-11
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Pyrexae Polymorph Perfected (Ogre Magi) ||4 ||15$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache Rare ||Two Sold One Reserved Last Left |
| |Silverwurm Sacrifice (Dragon Knight) | |4 | |16$ or Items | |Aghanim Cache | |Last Reserved
|Scales of the Shadow Walker (Phatmom Lancer) ||4 ||12$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||One Sold |
| |Apex Automated (Clockwerk) | |4 | |10$ | |Aghanim Cache | |Three Sold Last Reserved
|Test of the Basilisk Lord (Razor) ||4 ||10$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||One Sold |
|Secrets of the Frost Singularity (Ancient Apparation) ||4 ||5$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||None |
|Perils of the Red Banks (Chen) ||4 ||5$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||One Sold One Reserved |
|The Chained Scribe (Grimstroke) ||4 ||5$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||One Sold |
|Widow of the Undermount Gloom (Broodmother) ||4 ||9.5$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||Two Sold |
|Forgotten Fate (Mars) ||4 ||5$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||One Sold |
|March of the Crackerjack Mage (Rubick) ||4 ||10$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||Two Sold |
|Cosmic Concoctioneers (Alchemist) ||4 ||12$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||Two Sold |
|Blightfall (Abbadon) ||4 ||8$ or Items ||Aghanim Cache ||Two Sold |
Nemestice Cache 2021 / Ti-11
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Twilight Hex (Dark Willow) ||3 ||10$ or Items ||Nemestice Cache 1 ||Two Sold Last Left |
|Astral Terminus (Enigma) ||3 ||9$ or Items ||Nemestice Cache 1 ||1 Sold |
|Caerulean Star (Enchantress) ||3 ||6$ or Items ||Nemestice Cache 1 ||One Sold |
|Arcane Inverter (Gyrocopter) ||3 ||15$ or Items ||Nemestice Cache 1 ||2 Sold Last Left |
| |Anthozoan Assault (Tiny) | |3 | |12$ | |Nemestice Cache 1 | |Two Sold Last Reserved
| |Red Sands Marauder (Shadow Shaman) | |4 | |15$ | |Nemestice Cache 1 | |Three Sold Last Reserved
|Herald of the Ember Eye (Grimstroke) ||3 ||8$ or Items ||Nemestice Cache 1 ||One Sold |
|Creed of the Skullhound (Lycan) ||3 ||18$ or Items ||Nemestice Cache 1 ||Two Sold Last Left |
Collector's Cache 2020 / Ti-10
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Steward of the Forbidden Chamber (TA/Templar Assassin) ||3 ||15$ ||TI-10 Rare Cache 2 ||One Sold One Reserved Last Left |
|Clearcut Cavalier (Timbersaw) ||3 ||5$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|The King Of Thieves (KOTL/ Keeper of the Light) ||3 ||4$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|Talons of the Endless Storm (CK/Chaos Knight) ||3 ||7.5$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||One Sold |
|A carousal of the Mystic Masquerade (Rubick) ||3 ||10$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||Two Sold Last Left |
|Crown of Calaphas (SD/Shadow Demon) ||3 ||5$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||None |
|Blacksail Cannoneer (Sniper) ||3 ||7$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||None |
|Blaze of Oblivion (Phoenix) ||3 ||7$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 2 ||None |
|Songs of Starfall Glen (Enchantress) ||3 ||4$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||None |
|Flashpoint Proselyte (Huskar) ||3 ||10$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||None |
|Signs of Allfather (Nature Prophet) ||3 ||10$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||Two Sold Last Left |
|Beholden of Banished Ones (Warlock) ||3 ||6$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||One Sold |
|Fissured Flight (Jakiro) ||3 ||5$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||None |
|Mindless Slaughter (Pudge) ||3 ||11$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||One Reserved |
|Fury of Righteous Storm (Disruptor) ||3 ||4$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||None |
|Apocalypse Unbound (Ancient Apparation) ||3 ||6$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||One Sold |
|Herald of Ember Eyes (Grimstroke) ||3 ||8$ or Items ||TI-10 Cache 1 ||One Sold |
Collector's Cache 2019/ Ti-9
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Fowl Omen (Necrophos) ||4 ||13$ ||TI-9 Rare Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold One Reserved Last Left |
|Prized Acquisitions (Batrider) ||4 ||7$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold |
|The sight of the Kha-Ren Faithful (Drow Ranger) ||4 ||10$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||One Sold |
|Directive of the Sunbound(Clockwerk) ||5 ||7$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Three Sold |
|Distinguished Expeditionary (Tusk) ||4 ||7$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold |
|Automaton Antiquity (Broodmother) ||5 ||6$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Three Sold |
|Fury of the Bloodforge (Bloodseeker) ||5 ||7$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold |
|Tribal Pathways (Warlock) ||5 ||6$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold |
|Verdant Predator (Venomancer) ||5 ||9$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold |
|Tales of the Windward Rogue (Pangolier) ||4 ||20$ ||TI-9 Cache Set-2 ||Two Sold |
|Priest of the Proudsilver Clan (Chen-Long Live Harambe) ||3 ||5$ ||TI-9 Cache Set ||One Sold |
|The Arts of Mortal Deception (Enigma) ||3 ||9$ ||TI-9 Cache Set ||Two Sold Last Left |
|Poacher's Bane (Tidehunter) ||3 ||6$ ||TI-9 Cache Set ||One Sold |
| |Soul of the Brightshroud (Death Prophet) | |3 | |6$ | |TI-9 Cache Set | |Two Sold Last Reserved
|Riddle of the Hierophant (Oracle) ||3 ||9$ or 3 Keys ||TI-9 Cache Set ||Two Sold Last Left |
Collector's Cache 2018/ Ti-8
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Raptures of the Abyssal Kin (Queen of Pain) ||4 ||12$ ||TI-8 Cache Set ||Three Sold Last Left |
|Raiments of the Obsidian Forge (Underlord) ||4 ||18$ ||TI-8 Rare Cache Set ||Three Sold Last Left |
|Shackles of the Enduring Conscript (Axe) ||4 ||10$ ||TI-8 Cache Set ||Three Sold Last Left |
|Pattern of the Silken Queen (Brood) ||4 ||8$ ||TI-8 Cache Set ||Three Sold Last Left |
Collector's Cache 2017/ Ti-7
|Item ||Quantity ||Price ||Type ||Reserved |
|Eternal Testament (Death Prophet) ||4 ||12$ ||TI-7 Cache Set ||Three Sold Last Left |
Made a google doc because the list is long
My Steam Rep: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WEgt1Kjaf8PbkinQ0opU41fysTwYC0xMgX_kjDOgldg/edit?usp=sharing https://steamcommunity.com/id/NiriDash/
(Mirana Ti-10/2020 Super Rare, Sven Rare Ti-11, Mars Ti-10 Rare, Clock Ti-9, Sandking Ti-7 Caches Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/lameslim
(Nemestice Sky Set, Ti-10 Sky, and Ember set Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199068303037
(Lina Ti-10/2020 CacheSold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/p013
(Nature Prophet Ti10/2020 Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043865971/
(Aghanim Axe Set Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198156603233/
(Ti-9 Disruptor Rare Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/BeAn1457738937/
(2019 Pudge Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/vcxxiv/
(Aghanim Ultra Rare CK, Rare Ogre, PL, Rubick, Alchm, DK, Axe, Mars, Abbadon, Razor, Chen, Grim, and 2020 Rare TA, Ember, CK, Doom, Tide, Timber, KOTL, SKY, Rubick, Nemestice Gyro, Shaman, Winter, Doom Sold Successfully) - Man God Bless this guy https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198795911053/
(2020 BB Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072474418
(Ti-9 Slark, UL & NS 2020 Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/whatsyouraff
(WitchDoctor Super rare, Diretide Spec, Ti-8 Ember cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103513889/
(Pudge Super rare Cache Hook Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/nandomanul/
(Agahnim Axe Cache and Enigma 2020 Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055874238
(Aghanim Dawnbreaker Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990802490
(2020 Pudge Super Rare Hook, Tiny Rare Cache, Aghanim Clockwerk Sold successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966381775
(Ti-9 Abbadon Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198863088276
(Ti-9 Pudge Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/Steinx
(Agahnim Drow Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111387239
(Rare URSA immortal bundle Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003271696/
(Agahnim Drow Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/thelastswagurai/
(Aghanim Brood and 2020 Arc Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057677292/
(Agahnim Rare CK, DK & 2020 Rare Tiny, NS, Jugger, BB, Grim Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/gargorath/
(2020 Juggernaut, Underlord, Warlock, Nature, Enigma, Ancient Apparition Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198144053768/
(Nemestice Doom, Enigma, Nature, and Lycan Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080795303/
(Aghanim Drow Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006516009/
(Rare Disruptor Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/dbsama/
(Ti-8 Magnus Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054565307/
(Aghanim Clock Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051635207/
(Ti-10 Arc Warden Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198916278783/
(Ti-9 Earth Spirit Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054299781
(2021 Dawnbreaker Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198380791860/
(Aghanim Abbadon Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199116896336/
(2020 Silencer Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079185431/
(2020 Silencer and Bounty Hunter and Aghanim DK Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/tkkz15/
(2020 BH Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/dreddhz
(Ti-10 Arc Warden Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065746417/
(2020 Silencer and Bristleback Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198186076006
(2019 Brood and Pudge Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/wraith2142/
(2021 Enchantress Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/grail_knight/
(Ti-10 Sky Set Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/novtnw/
(2022 Cache 1 Spec and Cache 2 Night Stalker Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993911001
(Aghanim Dawn Breaker & Alchemist Cache Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/750459748
(Rare Necro & 2019 Abbadon Cache Set Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043196989/
(2022 Primal Beast Very Rare Cache, Legion Cache, 2020 NS Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/674330/
(Aghanim Brood, Diretide Cache - 1 Hoodwink, Riki, Spectre, Clockwerk, Ursa, Phoenix, Witch Doctor, Dawnbreaker, Alchemist, MK, Undying, Chen Dire Tide Cache - 2 Rare Treant, Clinkz, Doom, Huskar, Night Stalker, Pudge, Brew Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/yash121299/
(Nemestice Tiny Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980391055/
(Nemestice Shaman, Diretide Riki Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/nikbigdick/
(Diretide Cache 2 Rare Treant Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055898123/
(2019 Doom, Tusk, Batrider, Nemestice Nature Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/3011/
(Diretide Rare Treant Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198916278783/
(Diretide Snapfire Cache Set Sold Successfully)- Repeat Buyer https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017178682/
(Nemestice Lycan and Tiny Cache Set Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/id/OakEel/
(2022 Rare Treant and 2021 Rare Ogre Cache Reserved Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198933415596/
(Ultra Rare Primal and Agahnim DK Sold Successfully) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198592340222
(Ultra Rare Void Spirit Reserved - 5/15 Keys Paid Advance) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111544330/
(DP Set Reserved 2.1/7.2 paid advance) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198883986801/
(Diretide Rare Invoker Set Reserved 3.25/13 paid advance) https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198303321183/
(Aghanim Rare Ogre & Clockwerk,Ti-10 Rare TA& Pudge, Nemestice Tiny and, Ti-9 Rare Necro Cache Reserved 15/59/5 Paid Advance)
Wall of Shame: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199102322625/ (This clown added me and when I asked to reserve which I have clearly stated in my post backtracked on trade offer, has no idea how 30-day steam gifting works so beware)
submitted by sahil_parakh30
to Dota2Trade [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:54 f3dex New 765 blower charger DOA out of the box?
Hi new here. Tried searching but couldn’t find much. I just got a 765 blower from Lowe’s. Was a nice deal at 299 with charger and 5ah battery.
Got home and resisted the urge to try it out on a battery out of the box and plugged it all in to charge it. Battery showed 2 bars of 5. Charger fan went on. Things looked good.
3 hrs later I go back to check on it. Charger had no lights on. Battery still showed 2 bars. I tried resetting battery and charging again but no lights at all on the charger (or fan). Pretty disappointed but sh*t happens. Are these basic chargers junk? Is there a better charger I should get if I continue to invest in this system after this false start?
I assume I should warranty this. :(
submitted by f3dex
to egopowerplus [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:52 lonelybutreal Email to my coke-hiding, whiskey-slamming, invisible "husband".
TLDR: Email that I (41/f) sent to my spouse (41/m) today (not legally married; had ceremony and big wedding without filing pw) who has been basically living as a single man. I am in recovery; he is an active substance abuser. I recently found a hidden stash of coke and other items (not the first time) and we no longer sleep together. I have two kids (teens) from a previous marriage; we share one very young child. We have been together for 13 years; “married” for 6. He travels for work and spends most weekends at our cabin, so is not physically present at home often = why I email. He is very successful at his job; I am working pt from home and in school ft (also from home).
Side note: I’m not sure why I’m posting here (and this is a throwaway acct – my real one is attached to my real name which is so stupid), but I think I am looking for…discussion or a sense of community and that I’m not alone. Thank you for reading, if you do.
I’d like to try to share with you what is going on in my head and heart while we navigate this situation, and I know it is going to be long and peppered with anecdotal examples, but I would really appreciate it if you would read it and give it some thought.
Yesterday was raw and rough for me. I was glad we weren’t here when you left, and I spent the day fighting back tears and trying to force myself to eat. That is my current state.
When we got married, I remember praying with the pastor after going over more details, and I felt this sense of peace and commitment – not just to you and for you, but commitment to the idea that we were choosing to map out our lives on this earth together. There is a profound sense of safety in that idea – that we know that life is hard and can filled with obstacles and grief, but that you will overcome these times with someone at your side…essentially that you are not alone. I think that is the most devastating feeling, being alone, and it is one that crept in often yesterday and has been bubbling up for me in my quiet moments. I know there is some greater discussion there (we are never alone/all of us are alone, really), but for the sake of mapping out one’s life, that sense of relief was there for me on that day. It was like, “finally, I have found my person, my honey, and we are doing this”. I have come to embrace the idea that the decision to form a union like that, marriage, is not one that is completed just once. We are consistently faced with that decision throughout the rest of our lives here – am I going to honor this partnership? And I think that is where trust is so important. We make the decision, yes, but we are also trusting that our partner is also making that same decision, again and again. The reasons that we do this might change. It is often for love, but sometimes the decision is for the greater family – we decide to honor our union in order to not disrupt their lives. Maybe some days, weeks, or years it is because we know that love like this is an ebbing and flowing force – that it might not be fireworks all of the time, but you know that the excitement of truly connecting will come back. Sometimes the decision is out of laziness. We stay because it is easier than leaving.
Today, I know my reasons for staying which are independent from you. I know why I have continued to make the decision to honor the original decision we made when we were on that beach, and there is a strong pull within me to protect and nurture the kids and their worldview, sense of consistency and peace/safety, and to show them that relationships are not disposable. Their ability to self-reflect and to respect themselves enough to truly respect others, I hope, will be inspired by my process and example. I feel resolved in my decision for this reason, but there is no trust that you are doing the same or have been. This is where the heartache and sickness develop. I wonder if I’ve made a mistake in believing that you had the same sense of respect for what we had been trying to accomplish, if you’ve given up long ago without telling me, and I’ve wasted time, tears, and energy for a union that was only in my head.
And you were right to say that you couldn’t deal with this (me, the family, the union) while you also try to deal with that (the drugs, the alcohol, the cheating[?]), and this is absolutely true. Yet, I don’t see you fully taking the helm at addressing your addiction(s). You take a few days where you “don’t drink as much” and you “know that you need to stop all that other stuff”, and that is like saying there is a giant pile of actual shit in your living room and instead of figuring out where the shit is coming from and getting help to clean it up, you put a blanket over it and say that you’re working on it because you haven’t shat on the floor yourself for two days. Then the weekend arrives and it’s a giant orgy of you and others shitting everywhere, and then we are back in the same place. You need to make an actual appointment and begin the process of addressing this. You need support. You need guidance to work out the reasons behind the addictions. It is a process and I know first-hand that it will not happen overnight, but at least you’ll be on the road. I gave you the ketamine therapy resources because I thought this approach would be easier for you than going in somewhere and biting the bullet. I don’t believe that you’ve given that any thought at all; nor do I think you are serious about doing this or any therapy. This needs to happen, and you need to just swallow whatever is standing in the way of you doing this (I will even help you to set up an initial consult; I am volunteering to support you in doing the right thing in any way that I can) because whatever happens with us, you being consistent and healthy and off substances and not in danger of withdrawal symptoms needs to happen for you parenting [young child]. So, yes. Step one is for you to jump in and become an active participant in getting this figured out and to a healthy place.
If you are in a healthy place and able to self-reflect truthfully, then I think that you will have clarity regarding us and your hopes/needs for the future. I have told you that I will continue to honor us and be patient while you get to that place of clarity and peace regarding you and me, but I can’t do this knowing that you are spinning your wheels and refusing to move or even give me peace of mind regarding your fidelity. It is past the behaviors of addiction and enters into what looks like pure selfishness to me. You have your life of drugs and alcohol and whatever else with whomever else on one side, then you have me and a beautiful family set aside on the other. There is no impetus to change anything because you’ve been doing this for so long and nothing “bad” has happened other than my struggle in the past and me entering recovery. You haven’t been charged with anything or arrested yet, the cardiovascular damage you are doing has not reared its head yet, and I did not leave so our family is not broken yet. You continue to skate by and provide the basic framework of everything we need, except it is under your control/your oversight (which would be fine if there was equality in the future), but you yourself remain absent from the set-up. I raise and nurture the family; you pay the bills and do whatever you want to the extent of illegal drugs and cheating on me. The cognitive dissonance that you must feel with this, I think, is a portion of the “thickness” you feel when you’re at home. How do you reconcile it? I know I can’t.
So I try not to allow myself to go down rabbit holes – it is self-destructive. The thoughts of cheating are the worst, and I have to stop myself from wondering where and who and how often and if I am more of an idiot than I realized. The pipe-thing I found was another destructive path. Each day there are minefields that I mentally try to navigate, and each day there is silence or formality from you. You check in to see how [youngest] is doing. There is no further insight or sharing about anything non-surface about yourself, nor is there curiosity about anyone else. If you are home, I make you food and clean up and do your laundry and pick up discarded sunflower seeds and flossers and continue to manage the kids, and you ignore me and never touch me, and that is fine because you have this other life that drowns out the noise from how wrong this is. I spend these days and nights – the ones where you are home – half feeling relieved that at least I know you’re safe and half feeling like I could scream at any moment. I cry at night when the kids are asleep and wonder why I am not enough for you, why I continue to wait and hope when all evidence is showing me that you are not in this in a real way, why am I not good enough/worth real love from you, what options I have if I leave, if I will be able to forgive myself for allowing [kids’] family to fracture by finally doing something in the presence of your inaction. It gets more complicated when I think of how this would work out in practice and what assurances I have that [youngest] would be safe and happy with broken, separate holidays and scheduled parenting time. In the middle of the night, I think about how I could get a full-time job and not totally screw up his early years by making that type of huge change for him, if I should fast-track my graduation and postpone grad school or just not get my master’s, if I should fast-track and then work hard on trying to get a remote job or, or, or… The myriad of paths is complex; the gravity of my decisions – how they affect others – is ever-present. It is a horrible place to be in: confident of my ability and trustworthiness and love, attached to a person who is unable to provide me the same basic honor.
With [my previous ex-husband], this was all cut and dry. He was not self-aware enough or honest enough about his sexuality when we married and had the twins. That all came to light when they were just babies, my family was here to help me with childcare so I could work, and he is gay. It was still horrible, but I knew I needed to leave, and I did it. He and I have been able to re-establish a type of friendship now, and I have constant confirmation that I did the right thing when I see his life and home with [his husband]. That, though, is not the case here. From a practical perspective, I no longer have family here, they’ve all moved, I only work part-time because I am full-time parenting and have no way of making enough money to support a separate home without putting [youngest] in daycare (thus adding a minimum of $2k/month as an additional cost, not to mention him then being raised by others/having a huge transition and disruption), and until he’s in kindergarten, making a move right now would be traumatic because I would need to change everything in his life. From a mental/emotional perspective, you loved me once and are not gay and we promised each other that we would do this together no matter what at one time, so if we both decided and continued to decide, then there is hope, and if there is hope, then I don’t want to be the one to make that final separation a reality and knowingly invite that trauma and confusion into [the kids’] life story.
So, I write to you. Plead with you. Tearfully become vulnerable with you. Remain committed to my sobriety and path. Raise the family. Cry at night. Rinse/repeat.
Today I went to the smoke shop to get a new vape, and [the older kids] watched [youngest]. I was out, walking down the alley, breathing the air and feeling the rain, remembering pieces of me that are still alive, listening to one of my new favorite songs, not being the mom for a few minutes, and thinking about all of this. A guy came into the shop not long after me, and we had a small discussion over vape flavors. He was around our age and was funny and kind; made good eye contact and gave an overall sincere and kind impression. I walked out feeling happier just for the simple fact that a man gave me two minutes of sincere and kind attention. Like maybe I’m still attractive and worth talking to; maybe I’m not “a great mom, just not compatible,” or “a great mom, but doesn’t like any of the things I like and is boring”. I had a brief, intrusive thought: What if I gave him my phone number. It would be a meet-cute. Two single people connecting over a shared love of melon blast; blending our families and picking up vapes for each other. What if it could be that easy? We’d juggle monotony and boredom and the stress and joy of family and just be there for each other no matter what, happy to have a honey. Then I think again: what if it could still be that easy, but with you? And then I think: but the ball is in your court and has been…if we were to get to a place of easy, loving connection, then you have to decide that. And of course, your substance use comes first. How long do I wait, fighting with my own body to keep weight on, crying at night alone, investing in school and being a present and positive force for the kids during the day? Will I be able to do this until he's in kindergarten? Will we be safe until then, given your choices? What if I do have to wait until then? I’ll be pushing 44 years old. 44 and starting over, from complete scratch, with three kids. I want to shake you for putting me here. I want to shake myself for allowing it.
I know that I have made mistakes. I have made decisions that do not align with me as a person, and those decisions hurt you and hurt the family. I also know that I have done everything I can to fight my own addiction and to remain consistent in establishing that I am trustworthy and capable. I have bitten the bullet, done the hard work, looked at my life and my actions and my mistakes and failures, and I am a work in progress – we all are, I think, until our dying day – but I also know that I have learned from my failures, and I have embraced those lessons. This is what I want for you. I want you to take this as an opportunity to make lasting, real, profound changes that make your life not only good but authentic. If you do this and we still do end up a broken family, at least you will be in a place of true health and clear determination, with no secrets, with the ability to look every single person in the eye and tell your truth. I think that is one of the bigger life lessons that we minimize and distort as human beings, but it is important and relates to the much bigger picture of why we are here and what we are meant to accomplish. We are meant to care for each other. We are meant to care for ourselves. We are meant to lead lives that are true to that inner sense of morality; we are meant to live in the peace that arrives when your actions and behavior align with who you are at your core, without shame.
Thank you if you’ve made it through this; I think I’m done for now but will probably keep emailing until something happens. I want to be open with you and I want you to know what is going on in my mind/world while you make periodic check-ins. If for no other reason, at least you are not ever surprised or have to wonder.
submitted by lonelybutreal
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:49 adamthelaw Weinerfly in the skyyyyy
2023.04.01 00:48 followupquestion [WTS] Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR C-434
I’m gonna level with you, I’m probably not good enough for this scope, but you are
. I never installed it, barely took it out of the box to fondle, and generally just tried to play it cool with a GD Nightforce chilling next to my gun assembly area. Check the pics, there might be a couple of specs of dust, but other than adding Butler Creek scope caps in addition to the factory bikini, it came home and never left. Lifetime warranty, never registered, it wants to come home and help you stretch those legs on your new CreedmooGrendel/Valkyrie/ARC build. It’s a Nightforce, it’s built like a tank but it’s lighter than some of my other scopes.
- 56 mm objective (lots of light getting to your eye)
- MOAR illuminated reticle (and it’s bright)
- ZeroStop goodness
That website with fleas and bays has pricing all over the place for this guy, but I am only charging $1,250 shipped. It’s a $$$$ item, so I’m looking for PayPal F&F, but I’m open to G&S if you’ve got a lot of successful trades. If my pricing is insane, let me know.
submitted by followupquestion
to GunAccessoriesForSale [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:48 russo_liberal The Problem with the Beacon
You can craft a beacon after defeating an Wither Boss, which will then reward you with a nether star. However, the Wither Boss fight is harder than the Ender Dragon fight, considering that you have to grind for it, and it's a destructive boss that destroys everything on it's path and doesn't stand on it's place, making it difficult to kill especially on Bedrock Edition.
So let's assume a player is going to kill the Wither Boss. Chance's are, he already defeated the Ender Dragon and is probably already full-diamond. Considering he didn't make the wither get stuck on bedrock, he most likely had a though fight.
Then we get the reward for this though fight. A nether star used to craft a beacon. Additionally for the beacon to work, he also has to spend a ton of resources to craft the beacon's support pyramid. Now here is the thing. After going to all this trouble, you must expect to be a great reward, but the beacon is not that usefull in the game right now, considering it only give's the player a buff in a limited area (and a shiny piece of decoration) for an expensive prize.
Now tell me: Why would a player in end-game state, already as strong as one can get, would need to get regeneration or strenght inside their base?
In worst case scenario, where he didn't light up the surroundings or built walls, he can still top the mobs because of his gear in that game state. In the best case scenario, he won't even be fighting mobs inside of his compound anymore.
Here is my suggestion: Make the Nether Star act inside the player inventory. Make it that it needs to be fed once in a while, but will give the player buffs as long as they have it in their inventory, and make the beacon be a craftable item in mid-game, but being used only for decoration uses.
submitted by russo_liberal
to Minecraft [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:47 acceptthisoneplz If I know my boyfriend’s parents neglect and abuse their dog, what can I do about it?
So, technically, it’s not his parent’s dog, but his 18 year old younger brother’s dog that happens to live with his parents still. I call it his parent’s dog because they got him this dog three years ago and take care of him more than their son does, but that’s still almost none.
Every time my boyfriend and I come over and the younger brother isn’t home, the dog is locked in the garage with no food, water, or any form of temperature control. He will sometimes be in the garage for up to 12 hours a day alone, most of the time with no lights. He is also almost never allowed to eat. He is either always in the garage or stuck in the brother’s room with no food or water. He is never walked, doesn’t get his shots, doesn’t get his nails clipped, etc. When asked why they lock him up, the only response I get is that he’s a lot to handle. Except, he really isn’t.
When they go on vacation, they always try to leave him home alone for weeks but we always step in and watch him. He’s an angel, honestly. He just sleeps and plays. He’s no trouble at all.
I also suspect that they hit him. He’s very scared of small movements and I caught the brother hitting my dog a couple weeks ago with a broomstick.
I guess what I’m asking is what should I do? What can I legally do since he’s not my dog? I want to help but have a bad relationship with my boyfriend’s family and can’t just bring it up. Should I call animal control? Can they do anything about it?
Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
submitted by acceptthisoneplz
to Pets [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:46 Wurdyburd [Long Post, Part 1] GW2 and Roles: Why Attributes and Gear Fail to Teach Players, Diversify Gameplay, or Inform Design Direction
Hello, it's me again, the wordiest of birds, with another analysis and design post. This could easily be ten different posts, but I'm cutting it down to two main themes. As always: I mostly play PvE, but spend time on every class in every mode; The goal of this is not necessarily to wildly invent new systems for the game, but to identify themes, and what it takes for them to flourish, not condemn and start over, and invite conversation; I find spoiler-hiding my walls of text helps keep it digestible. Part 2 will cover non-attribute designs and tech in GW2, and open discussion about whether our current obsession with "hit big monster make big numbers go up more" is stifling the diversity of the game, and whether there could be a place for builds that aren't exclusively about damage or boons. A lot of this has been cooking for a long time, and as much as I love the game, I do worry about it's longevity, and the diversity of elite specs, builds, and challenges that we've been getting for the last several years, and what it'll mean for content in the future. TL;DPremise/Highlights:
- Identifying each gear attribute as a distinct gameplay loop or objective, while limiting which of the nine any single player is meant to fulfill at the same time, would help educate players on the importance of each attribute, make a greater assortment of gear prefixes be valued, increase build diversity, and help the devs design future challenges, elite specs, and core mechanics that goes beyond "stack and whack" basics.
- Precision should proc more effects than just crit damage more often, and Ferocity should enhance melee-range hits more than ranged hits to promote melee play.
- Expertise should not be limited to propping up Condition Damage, and be the key to several non-damage challenges in game, while different enemy types should be more or less vulnerable to specific damaging conditions.
- Toughness is awful and should negatively impact incoming condition duration, not just strike damage, and not be undermined by Protection, which should be converted to a stacking buff to encourage multiple applications.
- Baseline healing and boon duration should be close to zero without first building for Healing Power and Concentration, which should be their own roles, separate from one another.
- Different content shouldn't be defeated by the exact same gear as everything else, and more professions should benefit from a wider variety of gear, and different gear sets than each other.
- Gear prefixes with different purposes should be found in specific, but not unique, places in the game, to promote maps and content that lack replay value.
- 4-stat gear often outperforms 3-stat gear by a wide margin, and Celestial even more than that. 4-stat gear should represent fulfilling multiple roles to a lesser extent, whereas 3-stat gear should perform one role greater, at the loss of every other role. It currently does not, outside of Berserkers, due to the relative weakness of every other attribute combo's roles.
First, the state of the game. While GW2 is both celebrated and chided for it's [relative] departure from "holy trinity" teamcraft, it still fails to present the 'role' of RolePlaying Game especially seriously. Increasingly, traits and skills lack any kind of narrative or thematic flavor, opting instead to slap numbers and % increases around until some unseen meta god is appeased, while teamcraft has identified a flexible DPS/boonDPS/boonHeal to be the main way to approach challenges, but with severe consequences should they be played off-design. This leads to an ENORMOUS amount of dead traits, dead equipment prefixes, dead runes and sigils, and some dead weaponry, plus oversimplified gameplay with spammable moves, and while a limited number of meta/best-in-slot equipment makes it easier for the developers to target overperforming builds, it means that there are many elements of buildcraft that sneak under the radar, unnoticed and unassuming. Questions are asked, "Are there any advantages to melee combat over range?", "Are we expected to stand still or move around during combat?", "Should every profession be viable at every challenge, or should they have unique advantages?", and "We don't believe that profession complexity should translate into an increase in DPS," among others. In attempting to form a baseline for the game, and make it's various components easier to balance, the game runs the risk of becoming too homogenized, too bland, reliant increasingly on roleplay themes that the devs don't seem interested in mechanically representing, while as many as 30 different non-PvP attribute combinations fail to see use. All the while, powercreep slowly inflates the average player's output, undermining the difficulty of old content, failing to teach players how the intricacies of the game works, and shocking inexperienced players who jump from location to location with difficulty and mechanics they are neither prepared for, nor understand.
Gripes aside, Guild Wars 2 has perhaps the strongest foundation for MMO buildcraft I've ever played. It's huge array of diverse traits and swappable weapon sets, and diverse component interactions, both within a profession and between professions, is what drew me to the game, kept me playing the full range of content, and what leads me to make these lengthy, passionate articles. There's a good reason why many other MMOs see GW2 as an inspiration, or even copy from it directly. For all it's challenges, all this game needs is a slight clarification in philosophy, even without making any of the changes recommended here, and the pieces will fall into place over time.
Guild Wars 2 is sometimes compared to Magic the Gathering.>! They both share an incredible number of sub-mechanics and themes that all fold together in intricate, and sometimes unexpected ways. Fans of each game are probably aware of the remarkable confidence that MtG has in it's color spectrum: for each color, there are a series of powerful, and well-documented sub-themes, many of which overlap with other colors. It's when the colors combine that the game truly shines, creating dynamic playstyles and themes that appeal to an incredibly diverse audience, with 3-color decks having much more tech available, and much stranger themes, than 2-color, or 1-colored decks. From the moment that a colored card is revealed to you, a practiced player can instantly make inferences to what their opponent's strategies may be, and begin to move in a way to counteract it, while pushing their own strategies. This "foreknowledge of theme" rather than "foreknowledge of event" means that two players can effectively combat each other, despite never having met or taken the chance to look through each other's deck list, and makes for more personalized decks, and more enjoyable games.!<
I give this example because such a case could be made for Guild Wars 2's attribute system.>! Much like MtG colors, each attribute aligns with a purpose, some objective that promotes value when travelling the world or the Mists alike, with each "color combo" coming together to form an attribute prefix. The problem with this analogy is that Guild Wars 2's gear prefixes aren't each designed to carry a mechanic that helps the player succeed, either while travelling alone, or in a group. Many traits exacerbate this with attribute conversion, usually from +Power, and if your selection doesn't result in you or an ally killing an enemy faster, it's generally regarded as a dead choice. !< Were GW2 to shift to recognize each attribute as a genuine gameplay mechanic, it would grant the designers a foundation from which to design content that harnesses specific challenges, and grant the players of the game confidence in their build, as well as flexibility in purpose, when approaching said challenges.
(As an aside, first: many MMOs have rather abstract stat and buff systems, that make it impossible to understand without extensive out-of-game research, and even once understood in concept, Guild Wars 2 doesn't always communicate how these effects are supposed to interact. An across the board UI fix here would allow players to see a breakdown of where their stats are coming from, by source, and what % impact it has on each of their attribute, such as from gear, food, utility consumables, or traits, without having to actually slot it first, possibly at an armor-repair station so as to not blow out the during-gameplay UI. Being able to see the exact number of points they are away from their next +1% or 1sec effect increase would be helpful too.
In the case of the attributes themselves, each attribute should be viewed as a component of a larger puzzle
, that each have their own, special identity. By considering which professions, skills, weapons, and group content are defined by which attributes, much stronger combinations of those attributes should arise.
With these roles defined, each attribute combination becomes not just a build type, but a distinct element of encounter design.
- Well understood as the de-facto, go-to attribute for inflicting instantaneous damage. However, defined as a role, it should be more clear that inflicting damage every strike is the target objective; too many prefixes grant Power, as a sort of "This is all you need"-attribute instead. ANet once stripped the damage from disables for purity of purpose, but several weapons still fail to deliver adequate Power-based damage while lacking damaging conditions, controlling conditions, utilities, boon effects, or trait interactions: examples include Thief and Ranger MH sword and Willbender OH sword, Dragonhunter longbow, and Guardian scepter, Necromancer axe, or Daredevil staff. (This isn't to say these things aren't used, just that for purely power-based damage, they are sometimes subpar and with clearly better alternatives of weapon or trait.) If Power is a role, it should reflect in high-damage, long-cooldown abilities, or features used to set up or recover said abilities: Ranger's Hilt Bash > Maul, Guardian's Banish > Mighty Blow, and Gunslinger's Gunstinger > Dragon's Roar are excellent examples of this.
- Should a challenge be defined by a Power requirement, it should>! mostly be a DPS race, or swamped with weaker foes to cleave through. They don't need to go down in a single hit, but it should enable the fantasy of being powerful.!<
- >>>Precision: (a big one)
- Crits are simple, but misunderstood: inflicting a critical hit to gain the damage multiplier does result in higher damage, but that multiplier is the result of Ferocity, not Precision. As well, several traits generate different special effects or inflict conditions on critical hits, or increase your crit chance in various circumstances, such as striking a disabled foe, or attacking from the sides or behind. This would indicate that Precision is not the stat of "extra damage", but the attribute of "special effect". If so, then Precision could take on an entirely new meaning in buildcraft, based on which other attribute you combine it with:
- Precision+Ferocity: Inflicts higher damage multipliers on crit, and the current standard application of the attribute, crit-capping essentially translates to "permanent damage increase" rather than a rare event like it should be. Berserker and Assassin gear is easily available for this, but on it's own, fails to present any kind of real downside to not inflicting tons of damage on every hit.
- Precision+Healing Power: Could apply healing or barrier to self or in an AoE on crit. Several frontline assault builds fail to scale well with +Heal, leading to strange skill intentions from Spellbreaker, Willbender, Daredevil, Scrapper, Soulbeast, Vindicator, and Weaver. Battlescars especially is abhorrent, with an +Heal modifier of x0.006; if the skill simply required crits and high healing to function, rather than require neither, it would encourage buildcraft and purpose-selection of traits. Ele's Healing Ripple could AoE heal not just on attuning to water, but on crit,>! barrier-on-crit would help enable "effect on barrier" professions like Scourge and alacDPS Mechanist, and heal-on-crit would help grant Vindicator some license as a group-healdps, a role that currently does not exist. Zealot's, Marshal's, Seraph's, and Magi's gear are all seldom used, but could see new life with this interpretation.!<
- Precision+CondiDMG and Expertise: Applying conditions on crit leads to very reasonable hybrid-dps builds, but controlling conditions on crit, like cripple or chill or slow, creates some very intriguing debuff builds. Paired with traits that could trigger on "application of a non-damaging condition", and suddenly Necromancers, Mesmers, Rangers, Thieves, or ice/stone Elementalist become very real control casters in competitive play. The Bringers' attribute set, with Expertise, precision, and vitality sees no use, but becomes interesting for this purpose.
- Precision+Concentration: Traits and weapon skills that grant a variety of boons on a crit, or escalating boons up a ladder the way Specter's Well of Bounty and Sorrow works, would create a frontline boon-DPS that doesn't rely on feverishly mashing utility skills off-cooldown, something the devs don't seem to be able to stray away from, quickness and alacrity boon-providers being the obvious winners here.>! They could then consider using Commander's or Seraph's gear instead of Diviner's, but the lack of a 3-stat Precision/Concentration block is troubling.!<
- Should Precision be considered a role, gameplay that includes a Precision requirement should>! involve durable champions in some way. Precision/Ferocity builds would chip health down much more effectively, and Precision/Expertise builds would assist in controlling the enemy. That said, Precision could easily take a role in just about any team-wide content that involves striking quickly and often to proc the various effects.!<
- >>>Toughness: (a big one)
- I think that most players have a poor understanding of the impact Toughness has on the game, and I don't think anyone at ArenaNet much cares for it. This is a big flag, considering the popularity of tanks and bruisers in other games, and shouldn't be underestimated. Raid tough-tanking was an interesting concept, while it lasted, but more of a chore than an actual pursuit of an attribute. The theming is clear: the more Toughness you have, the less damage you take. What shocks the would-be bruisers is that this only affects strike damage, with tanks burning to death just as easily as anyone else. While this should create an identity role for Condition Damage over strike damage, the unpopularity of Toughness means cDPS never feels this advantage. What's more, as the only attribute that demands incoming effects, rather than outgoing action, it doesn't feel significant to play around, and when increased on champions and bosses, it results in purely hidden information that doesn't lend to player choice or agency.
- To top it off, the protection boon grants a whopping 33% damage reduction in strike damage from one boon alone (or 40% as a Tempest or shield Engi), while Concentration benefits many other builds outside of high durability, and boons affect up to 5 targets. Even with 3-stat, Toughness-priority heavy armor, good food, a utility, and Rune of the Dolyak, getting 30-40% damage reduction out of Toughness is extremely difficult, with heavy diminishing returns, with 10-20% being a more realistic useage case. Add in that most damage-reduction traits are a flat value that doesn't scale with Toughness (or any other stat), and Toughness becomes one of the most worthless attributes in the game.
- Recommendation 1: Flip those values, protection granting 20-33% damage reduction, while Toughness on a heavy armor class maxes out at 50% with full investment. Recommendation 2: Make protection a stackable boon, at 5% reduced incoming damage per stack, to a maximum of 5 stacks, with profession tech like Hardy Conduit or Over Shield granting 7% reduced damage per stack instead. This would mean that there would have to be a far more significant commitment to "keeping protection up" on allies as a defender, than to simply spec Concentration, and passively churn out enormous damage reduction, and create a space for more than one defender to contribute. Recommendation 3: Change damage-reducing traits and skills to scale with Toughness as well. Recommendation 3.5: Make Taunt duration scale with Toughness instead of Concentration? This would be a weird one I dunno I'm just spitballin ere
- Recommendation 4: Either additionally or alternatively, grant Toughness the added effect (either universally, or as a common trait tech more likely) of %-reduction of incoming condition duration, at -1% per 15 points of Toughness, to a maximum of -75%, as a form of negative-Expertise, if you will. This would help cement high-toughness, heavy-armor builds as a durable tanking effect in game: protectors who can grant allies Toughness, like Firebrand's Unbroken Lines, allow them to power over area hazards, while those who can pull conditions off allies and onto themselves, like Necromancer, Guardian's Save Yourselves, Rev's Pain Absorption, and Specter's Hungering Darkness, can help snuff out conditions in a way that doesn't rely on condition cleansing skills or traits, truly tanking for the team in more ways than one. It combos with the resolution and resistance boons without supplanting them, much like how Toughness already combos with protection. Above all, it creates a distinct gameplay intention, one that can be proactively built around, using forgotten prefixes such as Crusader, Captain's or Knight's, Cavalier's, Nomad's, Settler's, Giver's, or Trailblazer's. Minstrel's, Cleric's, and Apothecary's are all great for heal-tank builds as well.
- Should Toughness be considered a role, gameplay that demands Toughness should involve a lot of sudden or prolonged threats, and regular condition application in groups. Dangerous traps, or an environment that applies conditions over time, would be repelled by anyone who has better armor and defenses, and the overall nerf to protection as a boon would means that proper healing, blocking, dodging, and relocation are all made more important.
- Simple: more +VIT, more health. There needs to be some purity of purpose, however, where traits granting Vitality should be a distinct tanking/front-liner option, or have traits that convert their Vitality into other, more thematic attributes; various alchemical effects make sense, as does Necromancer's manipulation of life forces and Ranger's Wilderness Survival, but Guardian Power of the Virtuous, Force of Will, and Imbued Haste, and Virtuoso Quiet Intensity, are questionable sources, especially given their other effects and themes. Specter's Strength of Shadows feels custom-made for Ritualist's, not just a convenient coincidence, since it doubles or even triples up on different technologies and build requirements, while Plaguedoctor's, Shaman's, and Sentinal's all fail to see use by comparison.
- Should Vitality be considered a role, having a Vitality challenge would mean enemies strike hard and often, in a way that having less than a certain amount of health could put you on the floor. This may be through strike damage, possibly after a knockdown or disable, or repeatedly applied damaging conditions, or fights with a strong opening strike, requiring either high Vitality, or barrier application to survive for those first few seconds. Alternatively, an applied debuff that prevents the player from receiving health for a period of time would be a great test of their Vitality.
- A UI element showcasing the end value of a critical hit on weapon and skill tooltips would help describe the value of this attribute at a glance.
- As a rule, traits that grant Ferocity or extra critical hit damage should be a benefit predominantly earned by front-line fighters, in melee range: Warrior's Axe Mastery is a great example of this, having a passive attribute benefit, but mostly benefitting axe skills, which are melee range specifically. This isn't to say that ranged damage should be nerfed, but there needs to be a very clear distinction of what the advantage to melee fighters is over plugging away with shots from a safe distance, which also negatively impacts the value of defensive and mobility skills and effects. An alternative could be creatures that take extra damage from crits, but only from players within short melee range, or designing certain weapons to have specific skills that inflict individually increased critical hit damage. Snipers and other 1hKO builds, and professions with high or guaranteed crits such as arcane Elementalist, Spellbreaker, or Renegade, would be a great example of this feature, making use of prefixes such as Valkyrie's and Crusader's, which without extra precision, have been left to rot.
- Including Ferocity as a role in a scenario would likely mean>! fevered combat in a close-quarters space, inside a room or hallway, or otherwise have some kind of barrier or line-of-sight obstacle that discourages trying to take potshots from a 'safe' distance. Once combat is met, high-Ferocity fighters should clean house very quickly, perhaps as a result of a short window of high vulnerability to crit damage, much like how Exposed works.!<
- >>>Healing Power:
- While healing is recognized to be a valued role in the game, as spoken by ANet's 'design philosophy' document considering "Damage, Boons, and Healing" the main roles in PvE, the actual applications of healing are a bit scuffed. "Pure DPS", "boon DPS", and "boon healer" are all used often in instanced and competitive play alike, but "Pure Boons", "Pure Healing", and "Heal DPS" are essentially nonexistent.
- As a role, Healing Power should do what it says, and actually be responsible for healing, something that it doesn't currently actually do very well. Fast-moving, selfish assault units like Revenant (battlescars and Vindicator), sword Weaver, Willbender, and various forms of Thief, all have insanely low multipliers to their healing skills, or features that don't scale with Healing Power at all, such that even heavy investment into healing power is sometimes meaningless.
- (again: Battlescars has a Healing Power multiplier of 0.006, and even less in competitive. With maximum Healing Power, runes, and tapioca pudding, on Devestation/Salvation Vindicator below half health, that means you can only squeeze an extra 13.4 extra health per strike out of Healing Power scaling alone. If the healing done by battlescars was a serious problem in competitive play, the solution should have been to nerf the base healing to essentially zero, and crank the multiplier to reward gear investment, not crash the multiplier to rely on the unmodifiable base heal instead).
- >! Warrior's Vigorous Shouts grants power->healing power conversion, almost as a joke, given Warrior's overall lack of heal tech, as is the heals available to Necromancer, several Mesmer skills, and even some effects from our very own pocket-medic Specter. The regeneration boon is often the only consistent source of healing, and often scales more than twice as powerfully as skills or passives with healing attached, and even then requires Concentration, which is just ye olde "Boon Healer" raising it's head again.!<
- Given how Healing Power begins at a base of 0, if healing skills received a significant buff to their multipliers, especially on single-target or self-healing skills, while hammering down their base values, perhaps 'group healer' may actually get an opportunity to breathe in this game, the way the devs like to pretend it does. If this is tied into Precision's special-action identity, gear such as Magi's and Seraph would have a use as well, and if battlescars only inflicted their lifesteal on a crit, or Elementalist's Healing Ripple caused AoE heals on a critical hit, there would be a very real incentive to put Healing Power in the hands of front-line fighters, and not just in the back row of people who have Concentration and provide other boons.
- If a scenario was described with the Healing Power role, then there would likely be prolonged exposure to a damaging effect, such as a smog or psychic effect, as the party rushes around to solve puzzles or explore zones. Or, a space where the party is expected to split up, and be responsible for their own healing for a time.
- >>>Condition Damage:
- The UI should reflect both how much damage a skill does across it's lifetime, as well as how much damage it does per second, to help get a feeling for the moment-by-moment effects in combat.
- Condition Damage suffers many well-documented difficulties. Compared to power-crit DPS, the nine different professions having varying access to each of the five different damaging conditions means that while there's a greater incentive to use some classes or builds over others, it's extremely difficult to balance all cDPS roles against each other, especially if they don't bring some kind of other value to the team. Additionally, enemies succumbing to their injuries wipes the conditions attached to them, forcing you to start over; this should mean that bosses, who can withstand the stacks, should be the intended target for cDPS, but many bosses have the unfortunate tendency to phase, becoming immune to further condition applications, and breaking flow. Plus, some bosses having different Toughness levels means it can be difficult to recognize when a fight would benefit from condition damage over strike damage, when then that information is hidden from the player.
- My first proposal would be that different, specific enemies have telegraphed vulnerabilities to one or more conditions: "burning destroys plants and undead" is always a popular one, but few enemies, if any, have this effect. Torment should have extra effect on spellcasters and ghosts, while bleeding and poison should have extra effect on beefier, beastlike enemies, and humanoids. Confusion is fine, since it already has an identity against enemies that make many attacks at a time. Destroyers used to be immune to burning, and frankly, the game was better for it.
- My second proposal would introduce "stacks for stacks" trait technology in professions that predominantly use long-duration conditions, such as poison and bleeding, to inflict an additional application of those conditions for every 10-15 stacks already applied to the target. This would help with ramp-up during fights where those durations actually matter, without infringing on the ability of hybrid-dps and pDPS to deal damage quickly.
- This wouldn't all be so bad (just requires an affirmation of intention), if Expertise wasn't so monumentally instrumental in propping up competitive cDPS, and had it's own identity. Grieving gear and Sinister should have been fantastic for burning hybrid-dps, Trailblazer's for tank-dps, Seraph for heal-dps, and Ritualist's for boon-DPS, but Viper's is so overwhelmingly useful on every single profession in the game, that there is very little reason to pursue these gear sets.
- Describing a scenario with the Condition Damage challenge would probably mean>! a challenging, single-monster fight, ideally one without phases for it to drop conditions uptime during. It would likely have some form of content that discourages Power damage, such as moving around a lot, or an aura effect that damages anyone who gets too close for too long, which would allow Condition Damage to continue to tick away unabated. Identifying exactly which conditions are meant to be effective against which targets would also help grant the fight some much-needed identity, such as a boss that consumes poison stacks to suffers damage instead of healing, or a boss that cycles through vulnerability to different condition types throughout the fight.!<
- What a nightmare of an attribute this thing is. Singularly responsible for Might and Fury, Protection, Regeneration, Vigor, Resistance, and Resolution, and Alacrity and Quickness uptime, there basically isn't a single build in the game that doesn't benefit from Concentration in SOME capacity, especially in a group, and between Harrier's, Ritualist's, and Diviner's, there isn't really a single build in the game that can't climb into bed with it.
- As covered, Regeneration has an enormous advantage from Healing Power over other skills that heal, provided it has longer duration. The only builds that don't benefit from it in some way are "hi, DPS" types who otherwise need to trade their ability to generate their own boons for traits that increase their damage output. What mostly grinds my gears is that boons are so pivotal to the balance of the game right now, that there are no easy solutions on how to fix it. The main alternative could be maintaining our current level of boon cap, with full Concentration investment, but amplifying the % increase of Concentration's contribution, so that without it, boons only last for a second or so. Otherwise, having significantly more access to boons would mean that having to stack boons is the only way to keep them up, creating new "Boon Only" spellcasters who's EXCLUSIVE contribution is to buff the team.
- Concentration as a role in content would probably require the team to split up for long periods of time, such that the more duration you have, the longer you can benefit from the effects, until you can safely return to your healer or boon-giver. Moving ground hazards and social-distancing mechanics that discourage group stacking for very long would also enable this.
- My favorite. Expertise carries the same foundational problems as Concentration, but at least only for one aspect of dps-gameplay. That said, it deserves better than to simply prop up Condition Damage, and should have much more diverse options. Bleeding is a good example: in competitive game modes, the already-long duration of bleeding locks enemies into combat longer, making it harder for them to break out of combat and flee. Poison, for it's lack of damage, inhibits healing, while chill and slow impact cast speed and cooldown. Weakness, vulnerability, cripple, taunt, and fear, all spell out an exceedingly powerful PvP/WvW advantages, and alternative gameplay styles of battlefield control.
- As a role, Expertise is the attribute of pressure, committing to the long game and working to undermine enemies long enough to see them fail or falter. Personally, I'd like to see more underperforming traits get swapped out for more traits that apply, or benefit from, the application of these conditions, and much in the same way as Healing and boons, SEVERELY limit the base durations, while amplifying the %-duration-increase gained from heavily investing in Expertise. Even halving some existing durations, and making expertise grant +2% duration per 15 points instead of 1%, would help open up some variant gameplay builds, especially if combined with precision for "apply condition on crit" or "gain advantage when striking a foe with X condition" builds, for gear-dedicated gameplay effects.
- Rangers should be using mud, thorns, and conditions earned from taking Trapper's Expertise to be hit-and-run guerilla fighters. Elementalists should be chilling with ice, and entombing in stone, and Necromancers should be a dark beacon from which the land and people suffer debilitating curses. Thieves have no trait or gear interaction with preparation skills, and could gain a unique condition for each trap, and Dragonhunter actively competes with itself between it's trap trait, Piercing Light, and Dulled Senses, which inflicts cripple on disable. Even a trait, "Traps and preparations have longer effect duration based on your Expertise" would reinforce the role of control artist, and help introduce more and varied prefixes than the five that we currently abuse.
- Using Expertise as a role in content design would likely mean the same singular boss from the Condition Damage role, but ideally, would involve challenges that encourage the use of NON-damaging conditions. The Snowblind Fractal is a good example of an encounter where ice elementals try to put the fire out, and need to be slowed or stopped, as is having to immobilize the ghosts during the Gorseval raid boss, to prevent them from getting to the boss the middle.
Simply select two sets of 2-3 different attributes, combine them together, and you have a meaningful encounter:
- The front gate of the Ascalon Fractal sees many enemies together (Power), with a constantly occurring arrow barrage (Healing Power and Toughness), boiling oil (burning, healing again but could be solved with the Toughness change), and a champion guarding the gate (Precision, Ferocity).
- A boss that suffers extra critical hit damage from melee range (Ferocity), but which sheds extremely damaging conditions (Vitality, Healing Power, and fixed Toughness), on a timer that demands at least some players take advantage of the melee-range crit increase to win in time, would mean an active decision between how many DPS, healers, self-heals, and boons are necessary to win. Boneskinner comes close to this, only undermined by the fact this wasn't entirely intentional.
- A Healing Power + Vitality + Toughness fight where the boss will die after a 5-minute chase sequence requiring you to jump through an obstacle course would require ENTIRELY different technologies to win than most players are capable of spinning today. Spirit Vale's Spirit Run could have been this, but instead, was limited to a series of DPS checks against walls, and the River of Souls is instead steeped in cheese mechanics and demands for superspeed and stability.
- A Power + Precision + Expertise fight, where the boss gains Exposed for 2 seconds before inflicting a devastating blow, but who's Exposed state can be drawn out by additional time based on the defiance-damage inflicted by non-damaging conditions, would require several control artists to debuff the boss, long enough and often enough for the DPS to take it down. Disable builds already enable this, in a way, but Defiance Bars completely invalidate the non-damaging aspects of Expertise.
The main problem with these "Attributes as Roles" designs, is the gear combinations themselves. 4-Stat prefixes carry such a staggering advantageous weight over 3-stat prefixes, and Celestial over most 4-stat prefixes, that the more 'roles' are added to an encounter design, the more 4-stat and Celestial gear carries the day. While all the rest of this can be done fairly easily without disrupting metas too badly, I would honestly, personally
, recommend lowering the stats associated with 4-stat and Celestial gear, even by 5% total
, to help 3-stat gear, which is infinitely more narrow in application, stronger and more specialized for purpose. Additionally, changing which stat conversions exist on which professions, how, and increasing what % they take from other, less ideal attributes, could mean that each of the nine professions stand to benefit from different attribute combinations than each other
, which would help enormously in bringing value to the 33 underperforming stat combos.
Otherwise, were these to be adopted, many different dead or unrecommended prefixes stand to open up, which really highlights the extreme extent to which gear has been made useless in this game, by merit of the narrow outlook the balance team takes when viewing each profession.
Disappointing outliers include:
- Nadijeh's Marshal gear (PoweHeal, precision/condi) (no such thing as a healDPS)
- The Twins' Grieving gear (PoweCondi, precision/ferocity) (no Expertise? Garbo, apparently)
- Maklain's Minstrel gear (Toughness/Heal, vitality/concentration) (not unused, just unpopular)
- Pahua's Trailblazer gear (Toughness/Condi, vitality/expertise) (should be ideal jungleguerilla fighter)
- Thackeray's Seraph gear (Precision/Condi, concentration/healing) (to craft this gear you need to actually farm the map and buy the inscription.)
- Ruka's Wanderer gear (PoweVitality, toughness/concentration) (bizarre)
- Ossa's Crusader gear (PoweToughness, ferocity/healing) (bizarre, ferocity with no precision)
- Laranthir's Vigilant gear (PoweToughness, concentration/expertise) (expertise, but no condition damage?)
- Tizlak's Commander gear (PowePrecision, toughness/concentration) (precision but no ferocity)
- Apothecary's, Clerics, Bringer's, Rabid, Shaman's, Sentinel's, Settler's, Nomad's, Cavalier's, Knight's, Soldier's, and Zealot's gear from the core game are all a strange mix of healing power, toughness, and other stats, that should all present exciting, meaningful gameplay structures, but are all dumped and forgotten as random loot to be salvaged and forgotten.
Much of this is exacerbated by the fact that stat-selectable gear is so readily available, with every single stat an option. Gearing a new build has turned from what used to be, at minimum, an excuse to run certain dungeons or farm Heart of Thorns, and devolved into a fairly meaningless scramble to grab up stat-select gear from any source, select either Berserker's, Viper's, Harrier's, Diviner's, or Celestial, and sigh in relief as you ignore the game's 33 other options. (Not that all those are ignored, I'm just being facetious. Easily 90% of all online builds use the above 5 options though.)
So. This concludes Part 1. In part 2, I aim to cover how we might pair these 'attribute roles' with mechanical effects in different classes that help produce roles not currently recognized by ArenaNet. In the meantime, I'd like to open discussion:
- Should each professions be expected to benefit from a more personal set of gear attributes? Overlap is guaranteed in many cases, but should we see more cases such as Ritualist's, which is only desirable on professions with Vitality conversion? Or should all professions benefit identically from the same prefix options?
- Are there any archetypes or build fantasies that you think our current selection of attributes could be used to address, but currently aren't in the game, such as Expertise affecting trap duration? If so, what are they, which profession would be doing it, and which attributes do you think would enable it?
- Do you think stats being freely available is a good thing, or would you be interested in different attribute sets looted from specific zones or content types? For example, high-durability gear looted by roaming open world, or that different metas drop gear with prefixes that are explicitly designed to help you defeat it? Or that 'raid-ready' gear prefixes be looted from champions, strikes, and raids themselves?
- Should 4-stat and Celestial be nerfed, or 3-stat buffed, in order to make them more appealing? If not, what purpose do you propose for 3-stat, non-Berserker gear?
- If more content started to use a greater variety of challenges, other than just "hit big monster make big numbers go up more", would you be excited to experiment with different gear setups, in order to be better prepared for the challenges of each encounter? Or, do you prefer having a small number of loadouts, that can handle any and all content in the game?
As always, thanks for reading! If you have critiques, let me know! And if you're interested in Part 2, find it here! [link later]
submitted by Wurdyburd
to Guildwars2 [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:45 iL_Kabana My first “successful” selfbow
| || |
It’s a 47” flat bow. If I had to guess, it’s probably around 32 lbs at full draw, but I’m not too worried about it being high. I made it out of a plank of red oak from home depot. This is my second attempt at making a bow. My first attempt, made from a plank of birch, broke due to the grain having too many runoffs and islands. I tried to pick a board with a straighter grain for this attempt, though it still isn’t perfect. I don’t have a all the proper resources for tillering and measuring the draw weight, but I tried my best to eye things out while tillering on my vice. It isn’t perfect, but I’m able to confidently pull it to full draw without any perceivable issues. Tips would be highly appreciated! submitted by iL_Kabana to u/iL_Kabana [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:44 PTVMan Test Drove Limited RWD Today
Changing drive modes
- The Ioniq 6 is gorgeous in person - exterior and interior. The cabin feels really spacious and is comfortable.
- The spacing of the 12.3" screens seems better than the Ioniq 5.
- The accent lighting is very cool. There are 4 signature square lights on the steering wheel that animate and change colors when you change drive modes.
- It's disappointing that Hyundai chose not to reimagine the UI and display screens to be unique to the Ioniq 6. It would have been nice if the onscreen animations for the three cluster displays were designed for the 6 as opposed to completely the same as the 5. The only onscreen difference between the two models is the car graphic in the center of the screen.
- Driving was a pleasure - smooth, comfortable, quiet and sure-footed. I will say that even in Sport Mode the acceleration is noticeably less brisk than the Ioniq 5.
- I was unimpressed with the Bose audio system. It just didn't sound great.
- The trunk is on the small side.
- The charging port is recessed and felt sturdier than the Ioniq 5.
Overall, I really like the Ioniq 6. That said, I'm more than happy with my Ioniq 5 and not moved to upgrade to the 6.
submitted by PTVMan
to Ioniq6 [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:42 Throwrayye My (24f) girlfriend (35f) doesn’t like I put my phone on so not disturb
My (24f) girlfriend (f36) hates that I put phone on do not disturb when I sleep
Sometimes I put my phone on dnd as I am a light sleeper and don’t want to be woken up by messages. I used to do it all the time but since being in this relationship I forget to. Until last night I did it as I really wanted to sleep in. I got woken up by her call in the morning (it must be set for phone calls to still go through which I didn’t know) I answered and after talking a bit I mentioned I put my phone on dnd. My girlfriend said that hurts her because she would never do that she would always want to answer my calls or texts no matter what and then said she had to go as she was upset about it. She calls me when she’s drunk always at 12am when she gets home, and once she wakes up. I see what she means. But I just want sleep. She’s still mad about it but I don’t see a problem when I just want to sleep.
submitted by Throwrayye
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:42 Thebrotherleftbehind okay dad, i think im an idiot because i can't figure out how to do this (home theater/moving a couch)
okay dad, sorry to keep bothering you. so i live alone, and well, i kind of have to do everything alone. kind of always had to, but i'm getting frustrated because i can't logistically figure it out.
i have a sectional loveseat at home. it's on a hardwood floor so it slides around easily. the solution to this is to put rubber "cups" on the feet so it doesn't slide around. bonus because i have bass transducers in the loveseat and a shared wall with the neighbor. so either way, im going to have to decouple the couch off the floor. i can put the feet on and flip the sofa sections no problem. the problem is, once i put them on, the won't slide into position. the sofa is in a corner. so there are a total of eight feet. i can get probably get one half into position, and put on all four of it's rubber feet. slide the other section on, and lift each foot to get the two in the front and the one in the corner. dad, how the hell do i put a cup on that last foot in the center back? i can't lift up from the front. i don't have room to get in from the back, what the heck do i do? im sorry if this is so simple, but i have been frozen for the entire day trying to work it out in my head.
side note, that lady that gave me the free concessions when i nearly broke down in the theater a couple days go because the app wouldn't work, i didn't have my wallet, and they didn't take apple pay (it's been a long year and i just wnated to treat myself to a movie), i went back and paid for them. i dropped off pastries and gift certificates to a korean restaurant but she wasn't there. i want to go back to check if she got them, but that is also the extent of the relationship i want with her, im not trying to seek any sort of relationship so i think going back would be misconstrued as such, but i also want to make sure she got them and that her coworkers didn't just eat it or something (they were kouign ammans which are my favorite but can't have because im diabetic so when i want to show kindness or gratitude, it's my go-to, like i'm giving you my favorite thing that i can't ever allow myself to have), anyways, yeah. my adhd mind is obsessing to make sure she got it, but i sure as heck dont want her to think that i had any ulterior motives. i guess this is kind of behavior modification for myself because i'm forcing myself to sit through that anxiety of if she got it or if they stole it, because of societal norms. ugh, this sucks too. anyways, why was i here? oh yeah the couch feet. yeah dad, sorry it's this time of day the meds wear off and the mind wanders.
submitted by Thebrotherleftbehind
to AskDad [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:41 evie_andfriends Alternative N64 Controllers
In light of how impossible it is to buy Nintendo's official N64 Switch controller, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the other USB N64 controllers out there. There are a good number of them, and they're all pretty tempting.
If this post gets enough attention then I might go ahead and organize all of the suggestions and bits of feedback. Would be amazing to hear some comparisons to the official option as well.
Some features that might be worth noting: Home button, Share button, ZR button, wireless, rumble pack, weight distribution, and button mapping.
submitted by evie_andfriends
to Switch [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:40 delrey22g does this actually work
2023.04.01 00:38 macca47 Should I try to fix a poorly built garden room / gym or rip it down and start again?
We’ve had a home gym, garden building built for us 3 years ago (£3.5k), several issues have come up since then and we have learned that it was definitely a sub-par job. We’ve already replaced the roof from just roofing felt, to a fibreglass roof (£1.2k). We have now recently noticed more damp inside and black mould starting in several areas. We had it looked into and the two main suspected culprits are:
- The back wall is just roofing felt, no timber. The wind has ripped this and water has got in.
- There is no ventilation in the building
The building backs closely onto a fence that is shared with our neighbours, so difficult to get to to fix and will require the fence to come down for the building to be worked on.
Current financial situation: Between me and my partner we have about £10-12k in savings, and a yearly household income of £70-110k. Generally putting away around £1k in savings each month.
From a financial point of view, which is likely to be the better choice here.
- Fix the wall and add in some proper ventilation a) This could be done sooner b) It would be fine for us to keep using as a home gym and meet our needs as a garden building c) Wouldn’t wipe out our savings (quote £3-4k), we could pretty much continue with our usual saving habits d) This might sort the problem but there is no guarantee, it could just be slightly covering up the issue (maybe sunk-cost fallacy is playing a part here too…) e) This might impact our ability to sell the house later on in life, if this building is sub-par
- Rip down the building and start from scratch, with the aim of it being done right from the ground up a) This would have to wait around 6 months to start b) Would likely wipe out our savings (rough quote £10-12k) c) Highest chance to prevent any future problems, if done right d) Less chance to impact our ability to sell the house later in life, if done right it could add value
- Some other option that I haven’t considered?
submitted by macca47
to UKPersonalFinance [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:38 Redaunt29 IKEA ivar metal pin
I have lost/misplaced one of the metal pins that is used to install ivar shelves. Anyone know the part number? Or if I can find something that will work at Lowe’s/Home Depot?
submitted by Redaunt29
to IKEA [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:35 Darren445 Finally got a Deal in Canada.
2023.04.01 00:35 _klom_bo_ how i feel
just wanna make a post about this because i can’t talk to my friends about it. imagine you’ve been fucking going through a very long, dark tunnel for 3 years then suddenly you see a light at the end of the tunnel, and you start getting close to it you start feeling happy again, then suddenly the tunnel gets walled off and you’re left sitting here questioning what the fuck you did wrong and all you have is a mf razor blade and all the happiness fucking leaves you and you just feel empty and confused. that’s how i’m feeling rn
submitted by _klom_bo_
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:35 nobutty99 The Last Train
It was a stormy night, and there I was, sitting alone on the bench in the decrepit old train station. I'd heard stories about this place: tales of lost souls, terrifying apparitions, and strange happenings that defied all reason. But as a staunch skeptic, I never paid much attention to such stories, writing them off as mere urban legends. That is until I found myself in the very heart of the tale.
My car had broken down on the highway, and the closest help I could find was this train station. As luck would have it, a train was due to arrive in an hour, just enough time for me to grab a ticket and hop on. I figured it was better than waiting for a tow truck in the pouring rain.
The station had an eerie atmosphere, with flickering lights that cast ominous shadows on the walls. The wind howled outside, rattling the windows and making the aging structure creak. I shivered, feeling a chill run down my spine that had nothing to do with the cold.
As the minutes ticked by, I began to notice something odd about the other passengers. They all seemed to be staring at me, their hollow eyes filled with an inexplicable sadness. I tried to ignore them, but the weight of their gazes bore down on me like a heavy blanket.
The train's whistle pierced the night, announcing its arrival. My pulse quickened as the ancient locomotive rolled to a stop, its black metal exterior glistening with rain. The doors opened, and I hesitated for a moment before stepping inside.
The train car was surprisingly warm and well-lit. The passengers inside were just as peculiar as those in the station, their sorrowful gazes following my every move. As the train pulled away from the station, I took a seat and stared out the window, watching the storm rage outside.
The journey was eerily quiet, the only sounds the rhythmic chugging of the train and the occasional peal of thunder. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. The conductor never came by to check my ticket, and the other passengers remained silent, as though they were lost in their own thoughts.
I decided to break the silence and asked the woman sitting across from me where the train was headed. She looked at me, her eyes filled with tears, and whispered, "Redemption."
I frowned, trying to recall if I'd ever heard of such a place. I reached for my phone to search for it, but the device was dead. Panic set in as the reality of the situation washed over me. This train, these passengers – they were all trapped, just like me.
As the hours dragged on, I started to listen to the stories of the other passengers. They spoke of lives filled with pain and regret, of mistakes that haunted them to their core. They were all searching for redemption, seeking a way to atone for their sins.
As we hurtled through the night, I couldn't help but reflect on my own life. I'd always prided myself on my rationality, dismissing the supernatural as mere superstition. But in the face of the impossible, I couldn't deny the truth any longer.
The train finally slowed to a stop, and the conductor appeared for the first time. He was an old man, his face etched with lines that spoke of a lifetime of sorrow. He looked at each passenger in turn, his eyes piercing their very souls.
As he reached me, he paused, and a faint smile crossed his lips. "You are not like the others," he said softly. "You still have time to change, to make amends for your past. Learn from this journey, and do not let the darkness consume you."
With that, he handed me a small, worn notebook. "Write down your regrets and the lessons you've learned tonight. Carry this with you, and let it guide you on your path to redemption."
I hesitated, unsure of what to make of his words. But as I looked around at the other passengers, their eyes pleading for a chance to start anew, I knew I couldn't ignore the opportunity before me. I took the notebook and nodded, my resolve growing stronger.
The train came to a halt at a small, deserted station. The conductor gestured for me to disembark. As I stepped off the train and onto the platform, I glanced back at the passengers, their faces a mix of envy and hope. The doors closed, and the train disappeared into the night, leaving me alone in the darkness.
I opened the notebook and began to write. I wrote of my arrogance, of my dismissal of the unknown, and of the pain I'd caused others through my actions. As I poured my heart onto the pages, I felt a weight begin to lift from my shoulders.
Years have passed since that fateful night, and I've dedicated my life to helping others find their own path to redemption. I share my story with anyone willing to listen, hoping that it might serve as a warning and an inspiration.
The notebook has grown tattered and worn, filled with the memories of my journey. But as I turn each page, I'm reminded of the gift I was given on that stormy night: the chance to change and to make amends for my past.
And so, I continue to ride the rails of life, searching for redemption and guiding others along the way. For in the darkest of nights, we all need a beacon of hope to lead us back to the light.
submitted by nobutty99
to nosleep [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:35 StupidGonk [US-CA] [H] Keyboards (Bear65 V2, Array 65%, Zoo65, Tinny50, Mini Cat 64, Work Louder Creator Board), Switches (Zaku, Coley Linear, Kiwi, Green Jacket, Durock POM), Keycaps (Higround Jujutsu Kaisen, GMK Iceberg, DSA 1930, GMK Clones), Artisan Trays, & Artisans [W] Paypal
Clearing out more of my personal collection. Nothing comes in original packaging unless stated in description. More photos available upon request.
|Keyboards ||Description ||Price |
|Bear65 WK Lavender ||Flawless condition. Mill-maxed PCB. Aluminum plate. Comes with plate foam and generic carrying case for protection. Doesn't come with switches, keycaps, or stabilizers. ||$515 USD Shipped |
|Parallel Limited Array 65% PC ||Great condition. Barely visible scratch marks from normal wear with polycarb cases. Comes with carbon fiber plate, stock FR4 plate, and PCB. Doesn't come with switches, keycaps, or stabilizers. ||$445 Shipped |
|Zoo65 Black ||Built once, disassembled. Great condition on the exterior. Interior has 2 small dings where PCB sits. Comes with case, PCB foam, plate foam, PCB, FR4 plate, and hardware to build. Doesn't come with switches, keycaps, or stabilizers. ||$180 Shipped |
|Tinny50 Pastel Pink ||Built and then stored away. Couldn't get used to the layout. Amazing condition. Doesn't come with switches, keycaps, or stabilizers. ||$110 Shipped |
|Mini Cat 64 ||Stored away after receiving. Great condition with plate mounted stabilizers, PCB, and plate. ||$65 Shipped |
|Work Louder Creator Board (Fallout Edition) ||Like new. Includes limited edition white dials and Biip Cartridge keycaps. Couldn't get used to ortho. ||$345 Shipped |
|Keycaps ||Description ||Price |
|Higround Jujutsu Kaisen Keycaps (School) ||Brand new in original box. ||$120 Shipped |
|GMK Iceberg Base Kit ||Never used. ||$130 Shipped |
|DSA 1930 Base Kit ||Mounted once. ||$125 Shipped |
|Emo Toys Tyche One ||Never used. ||$40 Shipped |
|GMK Night Runner Clone ||Mounted once. ||$35 Shipped |
|GMK 8008 Clone ||Never used. ||$35 Shipped |
|MT3 Infinity War Thanos ||Used a couple of times and then stored. ||$65 Shipped |
|Switches ||Description ||Price |
|x105 Bolsa Supply Zaku ||Stock ||$105 Shipped |
|x70 Coley Linear ||Lubed with 205g0 and GPL 105 on spring. Filmed with black films. ||$70 Shipped |
|x75 C3 x TKC Kiwi Tactile ||Lubed with 205g0 on rails and GPL 105 on spring. Filmed with clear films. ||$65 Shipped |
|x72 KNC Keys Green Jacket 1.5 (Tactile) ||Stock (Factory Lubed). Very tactile + clacky. Original bag packaging. ||$55 Shipped |
|x72 Durock POM Piano ||Lubed w/205g0, GPL 105 on spring, and filmed with black 0.125mm ||$60 Shipped |
|Artisan Tray ||Description ||Price |
|Cross Artisan Tray ||Has screw hole in the back to mount on wall. Uses switches to mount artisans. ||$65 Shipped |
|Bongo Cat Artisan Tray ||Comes with angled base. ||$50 Shipped |
|Artisans ||Description ||Price |
|1 Discord Metal Artisan ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$50 Shipped |
|2 GMK Sloth x RAMA ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$80 Shipped |
|3 GMK Cojiro x RAMA ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$80 Shipped |
|4 GMK Pono x RAMA ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$80 Shipped |
|5 EMOTOYS Metal Artisan ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$50 Shipped |
|6 Migi Caps DMK Rubber Foxkey ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$55 Shipped |
|7 Migi Caps DMK Rubber Foxkey ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$60 Shipped |
|8 Migi Caps Goblin ||Mounted once for photos ||$70 Shipped |
|9 No Face Gib Me ||Great condition. No visible flaws. ||$65 Shipped |
|10 Myth Caps Halloween White ||Brand new. Never mounted. ||$65 Shipped |
|11 Balloondog Lex (Snorlax) ||Great condition. No visible flaws. ||$40 Shipped |
submitted by StupidGonk
to mechmarket [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:34 autof4 Philips Hue Play White & Color Smart Light, 2 Pack Base kit, Hub Required/Power Supply Included (Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit & Google Home), Black, Base Kit - 2 Pack
submitted by autof4 to weddinggiftideas [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 00:34 autof4 Philips Hue Play White & Color Smart Light, 2 Pack Base kit, Hub Required/Power Supply Included (Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit & Google Home), Black, Base Kit - 2 Pack - $98.18
submitted by autof4 to toolsandiy [link] [comments]